HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Belfour Out

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2004, 11:15 PM
bigger102

vCash: 500
I'm just glad I wasn't the only sucker who had a heart attack reading this.

Old
04-01-2004, 11:24 PM
richardn

Honest to god, if I could only repeat the thoughts that were going through my mind when reading this. The first thing that came to mind is JFJ "I don't think we need a back up goaly, Kidd is doing just fine" :lol . I was ready to write the Leafs off for a four game sweep in the first round. It just goes to show you how much is riding on Belfour's back. I could not imagine facing Ottawa in the first round with Kidd in net. I think I am going to have nightmares of that 7-1 loss to the Sens tonight. We should all be thankfull that this was only a joke. Honestly this is how my face looked when I first opened the thread.

Old
04-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Christ

[QUOTE=TMLFan4ever]Leafs Belfour Injures Back; Surgery Tomorrow
Tellqvist Recalled from AHL

Canadian Press

3/31/04

TORONTO The Toronto Maple Leafs announced late Wednesday that all-star goaltender Ed Belfour will undergo back surgery tomorrow at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. Reports indicate that Belfour suffered a severe back injury while working out this afternoon.

When I read Belfour and surgery in the same sentense, I almost died of a heart attack. Thank Dad you were only kidding.

Closed Thread