HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Translated interview with Maxim Goncharov on www.russianprospects.com

Old
08-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Translated interview with Maxim Goncharov on www.russianprospects.com

Quote:
Maxim Goncharov (Phoenix Coyotes): I want to play for Phoenix

--------------
Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) - A correspondent from Russian Hockey website allhockey.ru recently sat down with CSKA prospect and National Junior Team defenseman Maxim Goncharov (Phoenix Coyotes) (Phoenix Coyotes), to discuss everything from his first pro season to his vacation and even his thoughts on the new MHL junior league. He also indicated that he intends to play in the NHL.
Read more: http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...article_id=663

08-09-2009, 12:36 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
When do you think would be the right time to try the NHL?

I don't know. Now I'm under contract with CSKA and I'll remain here for a year. I will think about it once it runs out. And I think that it would be good at any age.

Would you be willing to start off in the American Hockey League (AHL), the farm system for the NHL?

I'd agree. It's different hockey anyway. It's necessary to get some experience. It's not KHL, it's AHL. And earning such experience is a big advantage.

With the future of the Phoenix franchise still up in the air, it remains unclear whether you’ll be playng in Glendale (Arizona) or in Canada. Which would you prefer?

Regarding the fans, I think in Canada. Arenas are always full. Regarding the city and the atmosphere, I've never been to Hamilton, but I liked Phoenix (Goncharov went to Phoenix for the 2008 development camp - RP). It's always hot in there. It's a good city (smiles).
Good interview. Clipped the 3 most relevant questions to us Coyote fans. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. He was dynamite at the WJC, too. I'd love to see him come over next year and perhaps slide into Aucoin's spot.

Goncharov, Ahnelov and OEL. Two swedes and a Russian. I'm sure there's a joke in there, somewhere. At any rate, it's looking like a great young blue line. Summers as well next year.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 03:01 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Summers as well next year.
If our season goes poorly as well as Michigan having a bad year, I could see Summers in our line up as soon as the end of next season. I really think we're in a good position, as far as our blue line goes. Aucoin's contract is up after next season, and Jovo's the summer after that. So long as we can get Michalek signed to a ten year deal, ASAP, I'm going to have some good feelings about the future of our D.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 03:14 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

WAIT, it's getting OT arguably, But I'm shocked that RT wants a d-cman locked up that long. Love the Z-Man and all.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Ominous

Send a message via AIM to Ominous
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Goncharov, Ahnelov and OEL. Two swedes and a Russian. I'm sure there's a joke in there, somewhere. At any rate, it's looking like a great young blue line. Summers as well next year.
So I decided to look for a Two swedes and a Russian joke and I found this:

Two Swedes were in Russia on a visit and they were wondering about all the beautiful buildings. One of the Swedes went over to a Russian and asked how they managed to build such beautiful buildings. The Russian brought the Swede to a wall and laid his hand on it. Then he asked the Swede to hit it. First the Swede didn't want to, but then finally he hit as hard as he was able to. The Russian quickly pulled his hand out of the way and the Swede got all his knuckles smashed. The Russian said, "It's a question of intelligence." The Swede went back to his buddy who wondered if he'd gotten his question answered. - "Yes," he answered and put his hand on his forehead, "Hit my hand!"..

also found this

A swede, a Norwegian, and a Dane
A swede, a Norwegian and a Dane were arrested in France during the french revolution. They each got to choose which way they would die. The Norwegian chose the guillotine, because he saw it as the latest fashion. His head went under, but the blade stopped 1 inch from his neck. The french saw this as a sign from God or something and decided to let him go. The same thing happened to the Dane. Then they asked the swede how he wanted to die. "I think I'll die by hanging, that guillotine doesn't work anyway," he said.

Also on topic I'm really really hopeful for the future of this defense. It's going to be quite impressive.

Michalek - OLE
Goncharov - Summers
Ahnelov - Yandle

sounds amazing once they develop

Last edited by Ominous: 08-09-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: added stuff
Ominous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Hopefully better than the group of

Focht-Safronov
Knyazev-Tanabe
Tselios-Vaananen

5 x 1st rounders etc

Our scouts are better though and the likes of OEL, Yandle and Goncharov have shown more cutting edge skill.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote