HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa - Philly

Old
07-31-2009, 09:55 PM
heatley_fan*

vCash: 500
The benchmark for a Heatley deal has been set - Cogliano, Smid, Penner. No real reason for any team to up that, value wise.

heatley_fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 10:24 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
I'd be fine with Briere + JVR + Phi 2010 1st

Not really high on taking Briere's contract but if Heatley is not coming back in Ottawa and there is no other options, then do it

? The Flyers will win the Cup with Heatley. You add a 50 goals scorer over a player that was injuried since he's there. And you added Pronger, Laperriere and Emery, that's a lot of character.

Heatley (even iwith selfish star syndrome) for Briere would automatically make the Flyers the best team in the NHL. Flyers fans would be crazy not wanting that.

Heatley-Richards-Hartnell
Gagne-Carter-Giroux

Timonen-Pronger
Coburn-Carle

Are you kidding me?

If it happens (doesn't mean it would), then you trade him and get some assets back. I doubt he would ever ask another pubicly (is he the one who leaked it?) and after some 40-50 goals seasons, his value will be a lot better than Briere + a prospect

Um, you DO realize that the Flyers don't have the cap space to add the 2 mil extra for Heatley right??? That means we also lose one of Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Gagne, Timonen or Pronger, since those are the only guys with salaries high enough to shed to be able to fit Heatley in under the cap. Nice try but I'm much rather keep those 6 guys I just listed and Briere than lose 1 of them along with Briere just to get Heatley. God, some people trying to tell us what's best for our team and not even knowing how it would impact us beyone just the players names mentioned??? Now THAT'S funny.

Oh, and Heatley ISN'T a 50 goal scorer. He USED to be one but he isn't anymore. He's not even a 40 goal scorer now. And THAT decline has been while playing with 2 of the best players in the world right???

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 10:28 PM
YogiCanucks

Well I could see the Flyers needing a speedy winger. And I think they could use a Grade A goalie prospect.

Raymond + Schneider

FOR

JVR+

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 10:30 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Well I could see the Flyers needing a speedy winger. And I think they could use a Grade A goalie prospect.

Raymond + Schneider

FOR

JVR+
If JVR gets moved for any goalie prospect then it would probably be Schneider, but I doubt we trade JVR at this point for anyone (short of MASSIVE MASSIVE over payment).

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 10:31 PM
jaems

Right, in one of the worst seasons that Sens have had in the last eight years, Heatley only scored 39 goals. Thus, he's no longer a 50 or 40 goal scorer, despite not even being 30 yet.

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I don't think we have the money to take on Zubov and Heatley.
Leave Zubov in the minors or don't even take him in the deal (2nd round pick instead)
Heatley only makes 1 more million than Briere. Trade Randy Jones for a cheaper D-man, bury him in the minors or waive him i dunno. Working 1 million on a 56.8 M$ cap is not THAT hard... Just call Bob Gainey or Brian Burke, they will help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spanky View Post
The benchmark for a Heatley deal has been set - Cogliano, Smid, Penner. No real reason for any team to up that, value wise.
Will you ever stop being an hypprocrite, a troll or an ignorant (you choose the one that fits the bill) and listen to what other people (not only 1 or 2) tell you?

That package was offered before the 1st of July. Wich means before the UFA market and before the 4M$ Bonus. Murrays stated that the price went up after Heatley refused to waive to go to Edmonton, which is probably why there is no trade yet. You understand now? Or not yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Um, you DO realize that the Flyers don't have the cap space to add the 2 mil extra for Heatley right??? That means we also lose one of Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Gagne, Timonen or Pronger, since those are the only guys with salaries high enough to shed to be able to fit Heatley in under the cap. Nice try but I'm much rather keep those 6 guys I just listed and Briere than lose 1 of them along with Briere just to get Heatley. God, some people trying to tell us what's best for our team and not even knowing how it would impact us beyone just the players names mentioned??? Now THAT'S funny.
Read my answer to BrindamourNose. Randy Jones makes 2.75 M$ to play on your bottom pair, but you're right i'm totally telling your GM what to do.

If you don't appreciate to speculate and discuss about trade proposals, i suggest you to stay away from this board called "Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk"

Quote:
Oh, and Heatley ISN'T a 50 goal scorer. He USED to be one but he isn't anymore. He's not even a 40 goal scorer now. And THAT decline has been while playing with 2 of the best players in the world right???
Despite coming out of his worst season since his rookie year, Heatley has averaged 47 goals and 47 assists every 82 games played since the lock-out. He also just turned 28.

@ "decline" and "not even a 40 goals scorer now" though. Very funny

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 11:48 PM
heatley_fan*

Quote:
That package was offered before the 1st of July. Wich means before the UFA market and before the 4M$ Bonus. Murrays stated that the price went up after Heatley refused to waive to go to Edmonton, which is probably why there is no trade yet. You understand now? Or not yet?
It doesn't matter what Murray wants; other teams are what constitute the market, not him. If they are only prepared to offer up to a certain point, there is nothing Murray can do to artificially raise his value.

Also, Daly has already said that the 4.0 bonus can be transferred over to the new team, if the Sens wish to do so, so your argument is baseless.

Last edited by heatley_fan*: 07-31-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old
07-31-2009, 11:54 PM
OrangeBlue10

doesn't make sense from an ottawa view they already have spezza

OrangeBlue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
It doesn't matter what Murray wants; other teams are what constitute the market, not him. If they are only prepared to offer up to a certain point, there is nothing Murray can do to artificially raise his value.

Also, Daly has already said that the 4.0 bonus can be transferred over to the new team, if the Sens wish to do so, so your argument is baseless.
It doesn't change the fact that Murray was pressurized by Melnyk before 1st July to save 4 000 000 of dollars. That is a lot of money. The situation is now different, Murray has time on his side and the UFA market is basically done, so if some teams want to do a big change, they could get into the Heatley sweepstakes. I'm not saying it would have to be A LOT better deal, but at least a bit more value (like a 1st rounder for example). If Murray can't find any good deal, he will keep him, which is a better option. I do hope he comes and makes his apologies. Most Sens fan do, don't you?

Old
08-01-2009, 07:26 AM
4thliner*

Says who this JVR who was drafted in 2007 will make the NHL, have an impact, and become a star??

The underrating of Heatley (the 2nd highest scorer in the NHL since the lock out besides Ovechkin non the less) has become comical
Now even prospects who haven't made the NHL are better than him

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 07:56 AM
trikotomas

PHI

Heatley

OTT

Briere
Jones
Ross

thoughts?

trikotomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 08:04 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

no from a Flyers POV

i have no respect for Heatley

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 08:24 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikotomas View Post
PHI

Heatley

OTT

Briere
Jones
Ross

thoughts?
oh god, that would be awful for ottawa. i'm not much of a fan for heatley, but the flyers run away like bandits here.

as much as heatley would help the flyers, the top-6 is already pretty loaded. the flyers would be better suited getting more offensive depth and some decent bottom-6 players.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 08:31 AM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Says who this JVR who was drafted in 2007 will make the NHL, have an impact, and become a star??

The underrating of Heatley (the 2nd highest scorer in the NHL since the lock out besides Ovechkin non the less) has become comical
Now even prospects who haven't made the NHL are better than him
Do you ever think about salary implications, health of the locker room, or the types of players you are just slapping onto a new team?

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
PHI

Heatley

OTT

Briere
Jones
Ross

thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
no from MY POV

i have no respect for Heatley
Fixed.

Because a random fan has no respect for a player he doesn't even know personally doesn't mean that the Flyers management would not jump on this like crazy... Think about it

Old
08-01-2009, 11:19 AM
heatley_fan*

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that Murray was pressurized by Melnyk before 1st July to save 4 000 000 of dollars. That is a lot of money. The situation is now different, Murray has time on his side and the UFA market is basically done, so if some teams want to do a big change, they could get into the Heatley sweepstakes. I'm not saying it would have to be A LOT better deal, but at least a bit more value (like a 1st rounder for example). If Murray can't find any good deal, he will keep him, which is a better option. I do hope he comes and makes his apologies. Most Sens fan do, don't you?
I hope so too, but you have to be realistic. The chances of Heatley apologizing seem very slim to me.

Old
08-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Ottawa: Dany Heatley + Zubov

for

Philadelphia: Dany Briere + JVR

Thought comments?
The Flyers say no thanks.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
I'm sure that deal has more value in Murray's eyes than it does in the readers of HF Board's eyes. He could think that the Penner + Cogliano + Smid package is a great deal for Ottawa.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 01:45 PM
mgeise

This actually isn't that bad. Philly would probably have to add something else (2010 2nd rounder possibly) for Ottawa to take back Briere, but JVR has Heatley-type potential and could fill that role sooner rather than later. This deal would make Philly's top 6 so scary, and they parlay Briere into one of the top wingers in the game, though he certainly has his issues. I still don't think Ottawa would do it because Briere makes very little sense for them, but JVR is an attractive piece.

mgeise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 01:48 PM
mgeise

Quote:
PHI

Heatley

OTT

Briere
Jones
Ross

thoughts?

mgeise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 02:05 PM
mercury

I don't think there is a deal to be made here. Any deal that would be fair to Ottawa value-wise would strip the Flyers of any prospect depth we have left, and it's not as if we are hurting for scoring wingers at the moment, especially with Briere most likely playing RW this season.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Novak Djokovic
HAWKS BANDWAGON!

No thanks.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Tripod

If Briere is traded...it probably won't be a deal to take on salary...rather to shed some.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
id rather have brieres huge contract then cry baby who thinks he's more important then his entire team when he publicly asks for a trade cause he can't listen to his couch.
I'd rather have Heatley. The guy who has a decent contract and puts up great numbers.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 04:31 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Senator View Post
I'm sure that deal has more value in Murray's eyes than it does in the readers of HF Board's eyes. He could think that the Penner + Cogliano + Smid package is a great deal for Ottawa.
That's true, I'd imagine Murray is the only GM in the league that thinks Penner is actually worth something. Which could've been bad news for Ottawa, cause that package is garbage, but Heatley saved the day.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote