HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa - Philly

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2009, 05:22 PM
  #76
Stassino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, On
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
You said that by putting Heatley on Richards line would make it a scoring line and that you weren't wrong. Well, you ARE wrong, it would STILL be a shut down line at ES. Gagne being placed with Richards didn't magically transform Richards line from a shutdown line into a scoring line. .

And this is where I stop reading.. This guy is unbelievable bahahahahah

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 05:50 PM
  #77
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
And this is where I stop reading.. This guy is unbelievable bahahahahah

And what des watchin NH's games have anything to do with the Flyers games??? If you actually WATCHED the flyers game then you'd know exactly what role Richards has been put in EVERY YEAR HE'S BEEN IN THE NHL!!!! Hitchcock and Stevens both have used Richards as a shutdown line EVERY SINGLE GAME HE'S PLAYED!!!! Watch the effing games. I'm right and you are wrong, there is nothing more to say. Watch the games for gods sake.

EVERYBODY who has been put on Richards wng has had their ES production DROP!!!! Go look it up, I did. Gagne, Knuble, Briere, all of them very good offensive producers had their ES production DROP SIGNIFICANTLY when they were put with Richards. It isn't because Richards stinks offensively (all you have to do is to look at his special teams production) but that when paired with him their job first and foremost is to stop the other teams top line.

However, feel free to continue talking out your backside when you don't know what you are talking about regarding th Flyers.



Like it or not guys, Richards is the Flyers 3rd line center as it fits into the "traditional" definition in the NHL. Lappy is certainly not good enough to shut down the likes of Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin. That responsiblility will again fall on the shoulders of Mike Richards and whomever is put on his wings. You can believe I'm wrong all you want but I WILL be proven right again this season.


Oh and BTW, I see that you have no answer for why Richards scores over half his points on special teams but other top offensive players in the 60-75% range with nearly double his ES production. Even those players close to him in the rankings have at least 50% more ES points than Richards. I also see that you have no response for why Briere, Gagne, and Knuble ALL had their ES production drop significantly when paired with Richards. I guess it's because you just like talking out your backside, don't ever watch the Flyers and refuse to admit that you could possibly be wrong. Thus, you just ignor FACTS!!!


Last edited by phlocky: 08-02-2009 at 05:59 PM.
phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 06:06 PM
  #78
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
if that is true then why does Philly do this deal??? Briere is still a pretty damned good player and his contract isn't nearly as bad as everyone on HF makes it out to be. You do realize that the Flyers were 4th in the league in scoring last year and that was without Briere for almost the entire season and Giroux playing only half the year (and really only having the restraints taken off for the last 25 games or so). They can MORE than make up for the 52 goals that we lost with Knuble and Lupul leaving. The year before we were 6th in the leavue in scoring and that was with our #1 scoring winger, Simon Gagne being out for almost the entire season.

Scoring isn't a problem for the Flyers. We don't NEED Heatley, that's the point. Would he be an upgrade of Briere, certainly. However the flyers don't NEED Heatley to be legit cup contenders, we are right now without him. We've sold enough of our future to win now, there is no reason to trade JVR for player that is NOT going to be the player that puts us over the top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
LOLZZZZ Briere didn't even really play last season, and you say Heatley wouldn't help. bahahahah and like always you are over valuing JVR http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=105417 Garbage as a Phantom, just barely a PPG player with NH (LOL) we have just as good if not better NCAA prsopects in our system (See 3 of the top 6 Hobey baker finalists) Caporusso, Condra and Wiercioch..

How did Pronger come into this conversation.. wow you are digging

Thanks for comign out though,.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Another person who doesn't read the entire thread, has never watched a player play, reads stats, and thinks they are a genius. Congrats mister wizard, you win the prize. What that prize is I'm not allowed to say on here but I thik you might be able to figure it out.
BTW, my point still stands. I acknowledged that Heatley would be an upgrade over Briere so I guess that you CAN'T read. Like I said, he would help (and I don't think it's a leap to understand that an upgrade means he'd help) but again, scoring goals hasn't been a problem with the flyers and the cost is too high. We don't NEED to add Heatley to be a "legit" cup contrander.

Also, Pronger was brought into this conversation because adding HIM actually addressed a NEED for the Flyers, not just a luxury, what Heatley would be.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 07:08 PM
  #79
Stassino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, On
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
BTW, my point still stands. I acknowledged that Heatley would be an upgrade over Briere so I guess that you CAN'T read. Like I said, he would help (and I don't think it's a leap to understand that an upgrade means he'd help) but again, scoring goals hasn't been a problem with the flyers and the cost is too high. We don't NEED to add Heatley to be a "legit" cup contrander.

Also, Pronger was brought into this conversation because adding HIM actually addressed a NEED for the Flyers, not just a luxury, what Heatley would be.
Thanks for the obvious Captain Obvious.. If you want to continously backtrack.. it's your stance.. You're making me and a room of people laugh so continue..

I can read fine.. I have to write 20 reports a day being a cop.. thanks for that tho.. Anyways dude just rewind and think of reality.. It's a nice place..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
  #80
Stassino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, On
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
And what des watchin NH's games have anything to do with the Flyers games??? If you actually WATCHED the flyers game then you'd know exactly what role Richards has been put in EVERY YEAR HE'S BEEN IN THE NHL!!!! Hitchcock and Stevens both have used Richards as a shutdown line EVERY SINGLE GAME HE'S PLAYED!!!! Watch the effing games. I'm right and you are wrong, there is nothing more to say. Watch the games for gods sake.

EVERYBODY who has been put on Richards wng has had their ES production DROP!!!! Go look it up, I did. Gagne, Knuble, Briere, all of them very good offensive producers had their ES production DROP SIGNIFICANTLY when they were put with Richards. It isn't because Richards stinks offensively (all you have to do is to look at his special teams production) but that when paired with him their job first and foremost is to stop the other teams top line.

However, feel free to continue talking out your backside when you don't know what you are talking about regarding th Flyers.



Like it or not guys, Richards is the Flyers 3rd line center as it fits into the "traditional" definition in the NHL. Lappy is certainly not good enough to shut down the likes of Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin. That responsiblility will again fall on the shoulders of Mike Richards and whomever is put on his wings. You can believe I'm wrong all you want but I WILL be proven right again this season.


Oh and BTW, I see that you have no answer for why Richards scores over half his points on special teams but other top offensive players in the 60-75% range with nearly double his ES production. Even those players close to him in the rankings have at least 50% more ES points than Richards. I also see that you have no response for why Briere, Gagne, and Knuble ALL had their ES production drop significantly when paired with Richards. I guess it's because you just like talking out your backside, don't ever watch the Flyers and refuse to admit that you could possibly be wrong. Thus, you just ignor FACTS!!!

Look at you go off.. relax.. Think.. for a minute.. honestly.. relax and think.. it will help you out in the long run.. you are off so far I wonder if you think the world is flat.. Watch out at the 8th parallel you might fall off Earth...

Comical at best...






Oh and BTW, I see that you have no answer for why Richards scores over half his points on special teams but other top offensive players in the 60-75% range with nearly double his ES production. Even those players close to him in the rankings have at least 50% more ES points than Richards. I also see that you have no response for why Briere, Gagne, and Knuble ALL had their ES production drop significantly when paired with Richards. I guess it's because you just like talking out your backside, don't ever watch the Flyers and refuse to admit that you could possibly be wrong. Thus, you just ignor FACTS!!!


WOW hello mr looking WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy to far into things.. man oh man this is getting funny..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 09:31 PM
  #81
Karlssonlee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
lol this is getting off topic from the OP

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 01:50 AM
  #82
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Thanks for the obvious Captain Obvious.. If you want to continously backtrack.. it's your stance.. You're making me and a room of people laugh so continue..

I can read fine.. I have to write 20 reports a day being a cop.. thanks for that tho.. Anyways dude just rewind and think of reality.. It's a nice place..
Well you must be a pretty bad cop because oyu can't read time stamps can you. I'm not rewinding anything. Before you even chimed in I acknowledged that Heatley was better than Briere so there is no back tracking, no revsing of history. Can you read the times posts were posted??? Go back and look, I quoted the sequence in order of when they were posted.

I highly doulbt that someone who can't follow a thread or read someting as simple as a time stamp should be laughing at anyone. You're wrong , I never said that Briere was better than Heatley, I never went back and tried to revise what I said but go ahead and keep lying about what really happened. It'sall right there for everyone to read and laugh at you for getting caught. Go ahead and keep talking, I'm just feeding you more and more rope to hang yourself.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 02:13 AM
  #83
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Look at you go off.. relax.. Think.. for a minute.. honestly.. relax and think.. it will help you out in the long run.. you are off so far I wonder if you think the world is flat.. Watch out at the 8th parallel you might fall off Earth...

Comical at best...






Oh and BTW, I see that you have no answer for why Richards scores over half his points on special teams but other top offensive players in the 60-75% range with nearly double his ES production. Even those players close to him in the rankings have at least 50% more ES points than Richards. I also see that you have no response for why Briere, Gagne, and Knuble ALL had their ES production drop significantly when paired with Richards. I guess it's because you just like talking out your backside, don't ever watch the Flyers and refuse to admit that you could possibly be wrong. Thus, you just ignor FACTS!!!


WOW hello mr looking WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy to far into things.. man oh man this is getting funny..
See, I actually watch the Flyers. I watch the match-ups. It's not all about the numbers but the numbers ARE undeniable. I can tell you without a doubt that Richards and his wings are played against the other teams top line on a nightly basis. Tell My Wizard, what line usually is played against the other teams top line??? I don't know about you but I think that if the cinter on one of your 2 scoring lines is only getting you 38 points at ES for the last 2 years then I think you really aren't getting much production from that line at ES especially whne you are talking about a team that was 6th and 4th in the league in scoring for the last 2 seasons.

However, feel free to keep putting your foot in your mouth, it's fun laughting at you. Keep speaking from ignorance, it's fun and entertaining. I just love it when people are so set in their opinions that they refuse to let facts get in their way of professing their ignorance. You know, standing by your guns when you are CLEARLY wrong doesn't make you brave, it makes you a fool.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 07:20 AM
  #84
Stassino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, On
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Watching NH games? What does it have to do with the Flyers.. JVR is on the team..


I read what you said.. you still said Heatley won't make the team better.. plain and simple..

The ignorance here is uncanny!!!


phlocky

And what des watchin NH's games have anything to do with the Flyers games??? If you actually WATCHED the flyers game then you'd know exactly what role Richards has been put in EVERY YEAR HE'S BEEN IN THE NHL!!!! Hitchcock and Stevens both have used Richards as a shutdown line EVERY SINGLE GAME HE'S PLAYED!!!! Watch the effing games. I'm right and you are wrong, there is nothing more to say. Watch the games for gods sake.

No you said even with Heatley on the line it would be a shutdown line.. Heatley is the worst pk'er/defensive forward on our team..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 07:47 AM
  #85
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup
 
Malkin4Top6Wingerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,003
vCash: 500
Phlocky is easily one of the angriest posters I've come across on HF boards, and that's saying a lot.

I think it's a little ridiculous to say that Richards isn't on a scoring line. We're probably just getting into semantics here but I think it is just as much of a scoring line as it is a shutdown line. It's obviously a more defensive line than most scoring lines but I don't think you can consider any line with a multiple 40 goal scorer still in his prime to be a pure shutdown line. Perhaps it's a hybrid of sorts?

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
  #86
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aislephive View Post
Phlocky is easily one of the angriest posters I've come across on HF boards, and that's saying a lot.

I think it's a little ridiculous to say that Richards isn't on a scoring line. We're probably just getting into semantics here but I think it is just as much of a scoring line as it is a shutdown line. It's obviously a more defensive line than most scoring lines but I don't think you can consider any line with a multiple 40 goal scorer still in his prime to be a pure shutdown line. Perhaps it's a hybrid of sorts?
It's a very good 2-way line which I've said at least 2 other times inthis thread alone. However, that doesn't change the fact that at ES he does NOT open up his offensive game to it's fullest potential because he plays conservative as he realizes that it's much more important for him to stop the other guys than it is for him to score himself. Does this mean that they go into a complete defensive shell and not play any offense??? No, it just means that they don't take the chances that say Carters line would.

Carter and his line will all 3 crash the net and often have a shot wide of the net that results in a quick 3v2 against the other way. If Richards line did did that and gave 3v2's to Crosby multiple times a game it would likely be a disaster. For that reason you RARELY see Richards line getting caught with all 3 guys deep and giving up odd man rushes. It's just how they play when they are out there.

Regarding Heatley being on Richards line, I was NOT the one who put him there, I was simply commenting on the fact that somebody else believed that doing so would give the Flyers 2 awesome scoring lines. I was just pointing out how Richards line plays and that Heatley would NOT instantly make them equal to or better than Carters line at ES. Regarding Heately being bad defensively and him not being put on a shutdown line, well he can't be too much worse than Briere and Briere started the season on Richards line. Everyone thought that putting a purely offensive player like Briere on Richards line would make it both good defensively and good offensively. Well, it didn't work out that way, they STILL didn't score that much at ES. Briere and Gagne we quickly pulled off Richards line and THEY formed a 2nd scoring line (at least until Briere got hurt). Heatley would not change the concept of the line much even if he were placed there in the same spot that Briere held at the beginning of last year.

Personally, IF the Flyers were to trade for Heatley I'd have him on the 2nd scoring line with Giroux as his center. Right now, ???-Giroux-Healtey would probably be a better line than JVR-Giroux-Briere but probably not by a lot and probably not for very long. If scoring goals was a problem for the Flyers then it would make sense for the Flyers to aquire one of the primere goal scorers in the league. However, scoring goals is really not an issue with the Flyers and you'd have to question the wisdom of making such a trade if it really isn't addressing an area of need for your team.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 06:58 AM
  #87
SensDude
Registered User
 
SensDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
IMO, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of a prospect in Ottawa's case, a veteran like Jason Smith should be added in the deal (so ottawa frees up room for upcoming talent) and Sens remain under the cap. Trading Briere to Ottawa wouldn't solve the cap issue. And Daniel in the past 2 seasons hasn't even been as effective as he was with the Sabres. My projection of a good trade would be:

To Ottawa: Simon Gagne + JVR or a 1st round pick + 2nd round pick

To Philly: Dany Heatley + Jason Smith or Ilya Zubov (if phill wanted a prospect)

I added the 2nd round pick, because Gagne has been injured quite a bit so Ottawa surley would want a cherry on top in the deal.

SensDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:15 AM
  #88
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
id rather have brieres huge contract then cry baby who thinks he's more important then his entire team when he publicly asks for a trade cause he can't listen to his couch.
couch's don't talk

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:22 AM
  #89
ArmchairGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensDude View Post
IMO, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of a prospect in Ottawa's case, a veteran like Jason Smith should be added in the deal (so ottawa frees up room for upcoming talent) and Sens remain under the cap. Trading Briere to Ottawa wouldn't solve the cap issue. And Daniel in the past 2 seasons hasn't even been as effective as he was with the Sabres. My projection of a good trade would be:

To Ottawa: Simon Gagne + JVR or a 1st round pick + 2nd round pick

To Philly: Dany Heatley + Jason Smith or Ilya Zubov (if phill wanted a prospect)

I added the 2nd round pick, because Gagne has been injured quite a bit so Ottawa surley would want a cherry on top in the deal.
Salary Cap

I don't think these two teams make good trading partners.

ArmchairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:41 AM
  #90
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vimmerby, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,582
vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensDude View Post
IMO, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of a prospect in Ottawa's case, a veteran like Jason Smith should be added in the deal (so ottawa frees up room for upcoming talent) and Sens remain under the cap. Trading Briere to Ottawa wouldn't solve the cap issue. And Daniel in the past 2 seasons hasn't even been as effective as he was with the Sabres. My projection of a good trade would be:

To Ottawa: Simon Gagne + JVR or a 1st round pick + 2nd round pick

To Philly: Dany Heatley + Jason Smith or Ilya Zubov (if phill wanted a prospect)

I added the 2nd round pick, because Gagne has been injured quite a bit so Ottawa surley would want a cherry on top in the deal.
I'd much ratcher keep Gags and JVR and the pick than having Heatley and a salary dump (why would the Flyers even take on a salary dump?).

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:44 AM
  #91
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensDude View Post
IMO, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of a prospect in Ottawa's case, a veteran like Jason Smith should be added in the deal (so ottawa frees up room for upcoming talent) and Sens remain under the cap. Trading Briere to Ottawa wouldn't solve the cap issue. And Daniel in the past 2 seasons hasn't even been as effective as he was with the Sabres. My projection of a good trade would be:

To Ottawa: Simon Gagne + JVR or a 1st round pick + 2nd round pick

To Philly: Dany Heatley + Jason Smith or Ilya Zubov (if phill wanted a prospect)

I added the 2nd round pick, because Gagne has been injured quite a bit so Ottawa surley would want a cherry on top in the deal.
Flyers will laugh in your face. We do not want Smith either. Smith was done a year ago. Enjoy his cap hit.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 08-17-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 01:06 PM
  #92
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
heatley is better than briere but his contract is worse for us. if your asking in any way for the flyers to eat yet more salary the deal becomes laughable.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 01:14 PM
  #93
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensDude View Post
IMO, it wouldn't make sense to get rid of a prospect in Ottawa's case, a veteran like Jason Smith should be added in the deal (so ottawa frees up room for upcoming talent) and Sens remain under the cap. Trading Briere to Ottawa wouldn't solve the cap issue. And Daniel in the past 2 seasons hasn't even been as effective as he was with the Sabres. My projection of a good trade would be:

To Ottawa: Simon Gagne + JVR or a 1st round pick + 2nd round pick

To Philly: Dany Heatley + Jason Smith or Ilya Zubov (if phill wanted a prospect)

I added the 2nd round pick, because Gagne has been injured quite a bit so Ottawa surley would want a cherry on top in the deal.

Well, I was going to make fun of you but I won't I'll just explain why this doesn't work from the Flyers POV. First, right now the Flyers have a 20 man roster and about 1.5 mil in cap space Just swapping Gagne for Heatley would put the Flyers over the cap limit. Adding in Smith would put us over the limit by about 4 mil. Even dropping Carle or Jones from our defense wouldn't get us under the cap.

Next, scoring goals isn't a problem for the Flyers, it's shutting down guys like Crosby, Malkin and Heatley (lol I had to include him ) is what we need to focus on. Trading away one of our 2 best defensive forwards does not help us in that regard.

The only player on the Flyers that makes any sense to trade in a deal for Heatley would be Briere. They are close is cap cost but the implications on the rest of the team for the Flyers makes even adding just 1 mil in cap space pretty precarious. We'd definitely have to waive/trade Jones and then if we have any injuries we'd be looking at having to bring up either Kevin Marshall (good looking prospect but he was in juniors last year and 20-yr old rookie dmen rarely are anything but god aweful if thrown into the NHL and Marshall is far from a future franchise dman) or a career AHL dman.

From a Flyers POV, Briere is a proven playoff performer and he showed that the past 2 off-seasons for the Flyers where he was probably our best playoff performer each year. To upgrade (if it really is an upgrade) to Heatley isn't worth the price of JVR IMO. JVR is a future 1st line winger and he'll most likely be on the Flyers by mid season if not right out of traning camp.


Gagne-Richards-Lappy
Hartnell-Carter-Pyorala
JVR-Giroux-Briere

is a better roster from a "team" perspective than after this trade

Giroux-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Heatley
Pyorala-Lappy-Nodl


Heatley has basically quit on both teams he's been on now and forced a trade. That doesn't really sound like a "team" player to me. It sounds more like a "me first" player and not one dedicated to doing all it takes to win the cup. Briere wanted to stay in Buffalo, they just weren't willing to pay him fair market value. He took less more per season to come to Philly where he felt he had the best chance to win the cup. Tht sounds like a player who wants to win. Gagne COULD have gotten more money from another team but he wanted to stay in Philly. He got paid fair market value and chose to stay with a team in transition rather then jump ship after one bad season (like what Heatley is doing now). That again doesn't sound like a selfish player like Healey seems to be.

For all of these reasons (character of the player, cap implications, Flyers team "needs" and others) I know for a fact that I wouldn't trade Gagne straight up for Heatley and honestly, I doubt I'd trade Briere straight up for Heatley either. I certainly wouldn't be including JVR in any deal for him.

The Flyers have made all their big moves for this season. They don't need Heatley nor are they going to pay the price necessary to get him IMO. The Flyers have just 2 top 6/top 4 NHL prospects left in their system (JVR and Marshall) along with a bunch of long shots. I highly doubt they move either at this point. The Flyers are goin to be needing some quality young players on entry level contracts to keep as much of their core together. If the Flyers aquire Heatley and lets say the price is Briere + JVR, in 2 years the Flyers won't be able to keep one of Gagne, Carter or Giroux. Thus the cost is FAR more than what you propose initially. If it's Gagne + JVR then Briere will DEFINITELY be here in 2 years and we say goodbye to one of Carter or Giroux. Gagne + JVR + Carter >>>>> Heatley and Gagne + JVR + Giroux >>>> Heatley and that's exactly what trading for Heatley would end up costing us in the long run.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 04:09 PM
  #94
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Jeez phlocky, it's almost like your spamming here. Chill out man, and take your line-up posts back to our mess of a Line Predictions thread.

Richards and Gagne have to be shutdown because they are the only guys capable of it. Briere doesnt play defense and Richards is a Selke nominee. Why don't we trade him for a scoring Center then if your going to ***** about him so much. Putting Richards on the third line only works if he has legit shut down guys with him. Lappy and Carcillo is a BS line that goes NO WHERE and shuts down NO ONE. It's why we rolled 3 top lines with Briere and Giroux splitting Center duties, because Giroux is a natural RW and Briere SHOULD be a RW, he doesnt play a Center game. Having Richards and Gagne as a shutdown line also is an even strength threat. The Carter and Giroux lines can be more offensive.

I also hope with Pronger in the fold, that opens the offense up for Richards and Gagne. We shall see though.

Ottawa fans have to realize that if they trade Heater, they will NOT get full value for him, especially with his No-Trade. By all accounts, they accepted the Penner, Smid, and Cogliano deal and HEATLEY nixed it because he didn't want to go to another building organization. He wants to go to a contender (Philly, Boston, San Jose, New York). With Heatley being the **** and determining where he goes, Ottawa has almost no leverage other then making him play out his contract, in which case he can just refuse to play or play well (as a fan of hockey, this would be a travesty, he is a terrific player.)

In order to make such a deal work, Ottawa is inherently going to get f'd with his value. This Briere, JVR and a 2010 1st nonsense will NOT fly for 2 reasons. Heater's current market value is not that high for a few reasons and the Flyers don't even own their 2010 1st rounder. Anaheim does.

Heater's value is messed up because
-He requested a trade, and made a SHORT list of destinations
-He is an ******* (subjective observation)
-This is NOT the first time he has taken a Me-first attitude and demanded a trade
-His salary is $7.5 mill in a cap world
-Any GM trading for him is receiving a very expensive and very volatile player

Even though he is worth his contract, no GM will make that trade unless they feel he will continue to produce and play out his contract at his next destination. No GM wants to be stuck with a $7.5 million superstar that wants out AGAIN when they are tight to the cap. No GM wants to be Murray in 2-3 years.

A guy like Heatley, with his contract, and literally CRIPPLE an organization by requesting a trade.

So there you have it guys, as much as it sucks, you need to come to the realization that Heater will most likely be moved and the return will not make more then a handful Ottawa fans happy.

At this point, Heater for Briere would be a solid deal for Ottawa considering they get back a solid Center, but I honestly think Ottawa should seek out a package of picks and young players to build around. Briere and Gagne are to old to help them now.

Also, Carter is not going anywhere. If I hear one more Heater for Carter proposals, I'm going to flip out. We will cut Simon Gagne before we trade Jeff Carter. That's how important he is.

Philly also doesn't move Giroux in any deal, because if they move salary, to much talent is going back to make it worth it.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 06:06 PM
  #95
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Iam just bored hear, so don't kill me I am not a big fan of Heatley (just MY PERSONAL viewpoint) but w/e.

Briere, Jones, JVR
for
Heatley, Eric Karllson
???

I would guess Senators say NO.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 06:06 PM
  #96
Laoghaire
Registered User
 
Laoghaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Heater's value is messed up because
-He requested a trade, and made a SHORT list of destinations
-He is an ******* (subjective observation)
-This is NOT the first time he has taken a Me-first attitude and demanded a trade
-His salary is $7.5 mill in a cap world
-Any GM trading for him is receiving a very expensive and very volatile player
- Have you seen the list? Does anybody know what teams are on it or how long it is? (Hint: No.)
- That hurts value?
- Seriously, are you going to compare playing on the same team as the friend you accidentally murdered and asking for a trade is in any way comparable?
- Hey look a fact, though not really, his salary is 4 million this year.
- Volatile? How so?

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 08:37 PM
  #97
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
- Have you seen the list? Does anybody know what teams are on it or how long it is? (Hint: No.)
There is one (a list), and we know Edmonton isn't on it. It is fairly ballsy to demand a trade, and then demand that it be to one of a specific group of cities. It is indicative of an attitude of entitlement that is not something I would want near my team were I a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
- That hurts value?
Yes, it reduces demand (see: Law of Supply and Demand). If you can't see how that hurts his value, I don't know how to show it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
- Seriously, are you going to compare playing on the same team as the friend you accidentally murdered and asking for a trade is in any way comparable?
No, but this Summer's events are telling enough, even if one were willing to forget entirely about his situation in Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
- Hey look a fact, though not really, his salary is 4 million this year.
His hit is $7.5 million. That is the ONLY thing that matters in a trade to Philadelphia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
- Volatile? How so?
Heatley was charged with vehicular homicide; he pleaded guilty to second-degree vehicular homicide, driving too fast for conditions, failure to maintain a lane, and speeding. He admitted to drinking some prior to the incident

Aside from that prior incident of mortal recklessness, he has demonstrated a willingness to hang his current club out to dry in order to suit his wants. He has a NMC and isn't afraid to A, ask for a trade, and B, refuse one he doesn't like. He can seriously screw your club if you don't make him happy.

Daniel Briere on the other hand, has spent the Summer working out and talking about how all he wants to do is prove he is worth his contract next year. If you asked me who I wanted on the ice with the Flyers to win one game, it is Dany Heatley. If you ask me who I would rather see on the Flyers for an entire season, it is Daniel Briere.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:53 PM
  #98
Stifle87
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
i think an easier trade 2 make would be jvr straight up for heatley

Stifle87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 10:00 PM
  #99
Ibrahim
I Am A God
 
Ibrahim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 613
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifle87 View Post
i think an easier trade 2 make would be jvr straight up for heatley

Ibrahim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 10:00 PM
  #100
ArmchairGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifle87 View Post
i think an easier trade 2 make would be jvr straight up for heatley
Salary Cap

ArmchairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.