HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Luke's take on 09-10 and 10-11 roster setup

Old
07-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

vCash: 500
Luke's take on 09-10 and 10-11 roster setup

Consistent with a lot of the things we have been discussing:

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/decock...-down-the-road

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 05:44 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

It's too early, maybe JR will surprise us on deadline or in next offseason with trades who move players with contracts?

But we definitely should sign top 4 d-man next offseason. I saw this morning list of 2010 ufa and think JR will go after one of Hamhuis, Lebda, Lydman, Robidas, Michalek or O' Brien for top 4 and eventually guy for third pairing like Eaton if Aaron don't stay in Raleigh. Carson is good option, i like him and want to get chance.

Pitkanen- new guy
Gleason- McBain
Ward/ Carson or new guy- Alberts

For offence it's too early.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 04:44 PM
BanginLikeaBiscuit
Dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
It's too early, maybe JR will surprise us on deadline or in next offseason with trades who move players with contracts?

But we definitely should sign top 4 d-man next offseason. I saw this morning list of 2010 ufa and think JR will go after one of Hamhuis, Lebda, Lydman, Robidas, Michalek or O' Brien for top 4 and eventually guy for third pairing like Eaton if Aaron don't stay in Raleigh. Carson is good option, i like him and want to get chance.

Pitkanen- new guy
Gleason- McBain
Ward/ Carson or new guy- Alberts

For offence it's too early.
I wouldn't be surprised if our D for 2010-2011 was this:

Pitkanen-Ward
Gleason-Corvo
Alberts-McBain

I like those parings, all are balanced with one physical defensive minded guy and one offensive minded guy. Each pairing also has one left and one right handed shot.

BanginLikeaBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
My best guess is McBain may take over Corvo's spot for the beginning of the 2010-2011 season. However, that also all depends on if he is ready. By that time aswell you can be certain Carson will have a spot. If that isn't the case, we mise well trade him to a team that will give him an opportunity.

Heading into 2010-2011 I could see the following,

Pitkanen - Ward
Gleason - McBain
Alberts - Carson

With that said, we'll see how Ward is and where he is at. He may not even be good enough for a top pairing or a top 4 role at that time. We'll see. He'll be 37 turning 38, so it's a wait and see approach for me. However, as it stands today, this is my best guess. Who knows, maybe it ends up being Carsons spot. We're not a team who follows the rules when it comes to 'legit top 4 defenceman' so I wouldn't rule out Carson potentially being in the mix if Ward can no longer handle the duties.

Last edited by Guerzy: 08-01-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 05:03 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
I do think Luke is a bit off in one regard: the 2nd and 3rd lines. Personally I see it breaking down like this:

UFA-Staal-Cole
Jokinen-Boychuk-Ruutu
Samsonov-Sutter-LaRose
Blanchard-Brind'Amour-Kostopoulos

I think, with Boychuk being a natural center, he'll get his shot at a top 2 spot next year (2010-11 that is). The UFA slot will hopefully be a guy like Frolov, although I'm not counting Kobasew out of the mix either. Bowman may get an extra year in the AHL to develop. Sutter I see taking over our #3 center role for Brindy in the meentime.

On D, whether or not we bring back Corvo depends on just how much McBain lights up the AHL and whether or not he can be had for less then 3 million per.

Last edited by DaveG: 08-01-2009 at 05:11 PM.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 10:34 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

I'd be hesistant to bring back Corvo at 2 million, definitely nowhere near 3 though. Any team who gives him that will regret it. It's hard for me to make any predictions for the 10-11 season til I see how the youngsters perform in the AHL.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote