Ranking so far for the Top 20 prospects Summer 2009 edition
1. P. K Subban
2. Max Pacioretty
3. Yannick Weber
4. Louis Leblanc
5. Ben Maxwell
6. Matt D'Agostini
7. Kyle Chipchura
8. David Fisher
9. Danny Kristo
Please vote for #10. The poll will be opened for 48h.
Please don't forget to mention that player that you want to be added next
I've added David Desharnais, C
As a reference, here is the Top 20 list of last summer (2008):
1. Max Pacioretty Drafted 22nd overall in 2007
2. Ryan McDonagh Drafted 12th overall in 2007
3. Jaroslav Halak Drafted 271st overall in 2003
4. Kyle Chipchura Drafted 18th overall in 2004
5. Ryan O'Byrne Drafted 79th overall in 2003
6. Ben Maxwell Drafted 49th overall in 2006
7. Pavel Valentenko Drafted 139th in 2006
8. P.K Subban Drafted 43rd overall in 2007
9. Alexei Yemelin Drafted 84th overall in 2004
10. David Fisher Drafted 20th overall in 2006
11. Yannick Weber Drafted 73rd overall in 2007
12. Danny Kristo Drafted 56th overall in 2008
13. Matt D'AgostiniDrafted 190th overall in 2005
14. Mathieu Carle Drafted 53rd overall in 2006 (Tie Breaker was necessary)
15. Ryan White Drafted 66th overall in 2006
16. J. T Wyman Drafted 100th overall in 2004
17. Maxim Trunev Drafted 138th overall in 2008
18. Greg Stewart Drafted 246th in 2004
19. Olivier Fortier Drafted 65th in 2007
20. Shawn Belle Drafted 30th overall in 2003 by the St-Louis Blues
Carle. The guy would get a LOT more hype if a: he hadn't suffered those two injuries in camp and b: if we didn't have 2 terrific offensive RD prospects ahead of him. He had a 0.49 PPG in the AHL last year, that's solid for a 2nd year defenceman.
Can't believe I didn't pick Stewart, since he's far closer than anyone left to spending the full season in the NHL, but I went with upside and picked Nattinen. A big center with some offense would be so nice to have. Someday. Hopefully during my lifetime.
Quailer is a guy that interests me as he's got an impressive frame and skates well with good speed. I like the Pacioretty comparison, minus the physical game, and less offensive skills.
Trunev if he came over would be one of our most skilled prospects, it's hard to say how he would do on the smaller ice since I only saw him play 1 game in the KHL but from everything I hear, he's highly skilled, got the speed and hands but who knows how it's going to work out, if he will come over or not. Looks to be a very exciting prospect if we can get him over here.
Carle is a good passer/puck mover and likes to pinch in down low, he's got to get stronger and improve his defensive zone play, and it's going to be tough for him with Weber/Subban in front of him, as Weber was so damn impressive last year and if Subban does what I think he can do, it's going to be hard to get ice over them but boy does Hamilton look good when they roll out these 3 next season.
The new guys like Bennett, Avtsin, and Nattinen are going to be hard to slot at this point but I am sure all of them will be in my next top 20 as they all appear to be interesting prospects to say the least (at this point i've only seen Nattinen play in game action once, the others only clips)