HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Columbus

Old
08-04-2009, 03:10 AM
LTL

vCash: 500
Toronto - Columbus

Kaberle
for
John Moore, 1st 2010, 2nd 2010

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:13 AM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Kaberle
for
John Moore, 1st 2010, 2nd 2010
Any chance you can get CBJ to throw in the rights to Rick Nash's first born?

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:20 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Counter offer.

To Columbus:
Kaberle
4th

To Leafs:
Hejda

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:36 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Kaberle is not worth that, specially after the season he had. I doubt he gets traded for picks and prospects. He will prolly go for an impact forward.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:03 AM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post
Kaberle is not worth that, specially after the season he had. I doubt he gets traded for picks and prospects. He will prolly go for an impact forward.
Too much or too little?

I would even drop that 2nd pick if push came to shove

Old
08-04-2009, 05:36 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITING REAGENT View Post
An impact forward is worth more than this package. I think this is fair, but I agree that Burke will want more of a sure thing.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:43 AM
re5piration
'67 til

Scratch the 2nd and let CBJ dump.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:33 AM
DougGilmour93

Moore, Torres (dump), 1st in 2010

for

Kaberle

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:50 AM
mydnyte

this deal would have been made at the draft if either team was interested in either player. ...I really liked Moore (enough that I would have taken him in the top 10-12), but he was maybe the biggest project player in the 1st round coming out of High School ...if anyone thinks his value is even close to Kaberle they are nuts.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 08:36 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
this deal would have been made at the draft if either team was interested in either player. ...I really liked Moore (enough that I would have taken him in the top 10-12), but he was maybe the biggest project player in the 1st round coming out of High School ...if anyone thinks his value is even close to Kaberle they are nuts.
I think you have your first round picks confused. Unless you are calling the USHL high school now?

Howson isn't going to move Moore who fills a large need in our pipeline. To get that elite puck moving d-man the Jackets will have to grow it and Moore is our best shot at that for now.

I think we need to start focusing on a guy like Van Ryn as I just don't see Howson willing to part with the assests it would take to land Kaberle... and I certainly don't see Burke lowering his asking price.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 09:09 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
I think we need to start focusing on a guy like Van Ryn as I just don't see Howson willing to part with the assests it would take to land Kaberle... and I certainly don't see Burke lowering his asking price.
This.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 09:17 AM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leafinator View Post
Scratch the 2nd and let CBJ dump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Moore, Torres (dump), 1st in 2010

for

Kaberle
I'm fine with Torres being that dump

Old
08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
I think you have your first round picks confused. Unless you are calling the USHL high school now?

Howson isn't going to move Moore who fills a large need in our pipeline. To get that elite puck moving d-man the Jackets will have to grow it and Moore is our best shot at that for now.

Van Ryn for a 2nd in 2010 would be a fair deal IMO.

Agree with your points though.

Old
08-04-2009, 09:49 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

IF Columbus were willing to trade Moore and a 1st (extremely unlikely of course), the salary dump would be Modin or Chimera. Not Torres.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

why does columbus do this? they have a good team with young players positioned to grow, they drafted moore to fill the need of a PMD, why would they trade him along with a 1st and 2nd in '10 for 2 years of kaberle? they will be a much better team going forward keeping moore and using those picks.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
neofury*

What I find funny is how TO fans want to trade Kaberle. Sure he didn't have a great season, but who exactly is going to play offensively in the back end? Finger? Come on guys, you're going to be pinned in your own end for most of the games. Then you're going to ice a PP unit with very little offense coming from the back end? What's with that???

Trade Kaberle, please do, I hope he has a great career elsewhere.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
why does columbus do this? they have a good team with young players positioned to grow, they drafted moore to fill the need of a PMD, why would they trade him along with a 1st and 2nd in '10 for 2 years of kaberle? they will be a much better team going forward keeping moore and using those picks.
But, But, But, I thought the only reason Columbus was in the NHL was to assist team's in their rebuilding efforts by taking veterans that the fans of that team no longer wanted and returning our top prospects. At least that's the impression I get around here.

This is similar to last Saturday's Trade Kaberle to the Jackets thread, and last Friday's Trade Kaberle to the Jackets thread, and last Tuesday's Trade Kaberle to the Jackets thread, and sort of like last Monday's Trade Mike Van Ryn to the Jackets thread. (Think I'm exaggerating, look it up)

I'm guessing it'll be similar to this Thursday's Trade Kaberle to the Jackets thread as well.

Columbus would love a player like Kaberle, but 1) can't afford the salary, and 2) because of #1, can't afford to give up the prospects on entry level contracts to get him.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Kencaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
What I find funny is how TO fans want to trade Kaberle. Sure he didn't have a great season, but who exactly is going to play offensively in the back end? Finger? Come on guys, you're going to be pinned in your own end for most of the games. Then you're going to ice a PP unit with very little offense coming from the back end? What's with that???

Trade Kaberle, please do, I hope he has a great career elsewhere.
We re-equipped our tank to be a devastating physical force.......but we had to remove the treads in order to add more armor.

If CLB fans feel that MVR is a better option for a trade b/w the two teams....start throwing us some offers, you know MVR is on the trading block.

Kencaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 10:17 AM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
Wow someone actually gets it around here. Kudos to you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kencaid View Post
If CLB fans feel that MVR is a better option for a trade b/w the two teams....start throwing us some offers, you know MVR is on the trading block.
As far as I see it there are two options: Jason Chimera for MVR or a 3rd round pick for MVR, might be able to swing a 2nd for him if its conditional. Either way, Toronto needs to lose a defenseman and add probably a 3rd or 4th line wing.

We've been through this a million times in the last month.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 10:54 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Van Ryn for a 2nd in 2010 would be a fair deal IMO.

Agree with your points though.
LOL.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 11:00 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
As far as I see it there are two options: Jason Chimera for MVR or a 3rd round pick for MVR, might be able to swing a 2nd for him if its conditional. Either way, Toronto needs to lose a defenseman and add probably a 3rd or 4th line wing.

We've been through this a million times in the last month.
That makes sense, and there's little doubt Van Ryn is available at that price. Still, if I was Columbus, I'd be looking at Kaberle even at the higher price he'd command over Van Ryn. There's a big difference between those two players, and Kaberle's the sort of guy it makes sense to pay a premium for IMO. Which, of course, is why I don't want the Leafs to trade him.

Old
08-04-2009, 11:13 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
That makes sense, and there's little doubt Van Ryn is available at that price. Still, if I was Columbus, I'd be looking at Kaberle even at the higher price he'd command over Van Ryn. There's a big difference between those two players, and Kaberle's the sort of guy it makes sense to pay a premium for IMO. Which, of course, is why I don't want the Leafs to trade him.
Yes he is. For CERTAIN teams. Columbus is not one of those teams. I don't know why Columbus fans keep having to repeat this, but here it goes, AGAIN.

Columbus can not afford to take on any money. They can't afford to trade young, CHEAP talent even more.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 11:21 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Yes he is. For CERTAIN teams. Columbus is not one of those teams. I don't know why Columbus fans keep having to repeat this, but here it goes, AGAIN.

Columbus can not afford to take on any money. They can't afford to trade young, CHEAP talent even more.
Look, I understand that. I just think this gets overstated by Columbus fans a bit too much. If they can afford to pay Freddy Modin 3.5 M and Raffi Torres 2.75, you'd think they could manage the slight jump in salary from one of them to Tomas Kaberle at 4.25 M. Any trade would be equal salary for the most part.

Conversely, why is MVR at 3.25 somewhat reasonable, but Kaberle at 4.25 is unreasonable? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Now, if the point is that they can't afford to weaken their pipeline, then thats reasonable, but its only tangentially related to financial pressure.

Old
08-04-2009, 11:24 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
IF Columbus were willing to trade Moore and a 1st (extremely unlikely of course), the salary dump would be Modin or Chimera. Not Torres.
Modin, Moore, 2010 1st Round Pick for Kaberle? I think Toronto would have to consider this.

heusy_79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Look, I understand that. I just think this gets overstated by Columbus fans a bit too much. If they can afford to pay Freddy Modin 3.5 M and Raffi Torres 2.75, you'd think they could manage the slight jump in salary from one of them to Tomas Kaberle at 4.25 M. Any trade would be equal salary for the most part.

Conversely, why is MVR at 3.25 somewhat reasonable, but Kaberle at 4.25 is unreasonable? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Now, if the point is that they can't afford to weaken their pipeline, then thats reasonable, but its only tangentially related to financial pressure.
I think Modin and Torres are more of a reason why they can't than they are a reason why the should.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote