HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

OHL Prospects Sunday Top 10 - Players Who Could be Traded During 2009-10

Old
08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Jim Morrison

vCash: 500
Rangers should be stoked. Landeskog is a great player and I see him going top3 in the 2011 draft. Should fit right in with the NA type of play and I could even see him develop his physical play even more (even though he's one of the most physical forward prospects I've seen).

Would've loved seeing him playing for Djurgården in SEL this season, but if OHL is his dream then I can't see why he shouldn't go.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Haven't heard anything regarding MacKinnon, or Kitchener in general. My guess is they wait to see how they start the season in order to see what they've actually got. New faces in Morin, Moore, and Maxwell. Probable improvements in guys like Skinner, Aleardi, and Randell, Andersson the import (and unlikely Tatar).

If they start out the season well, I could see them being players in the trade market, looking for more depth.

As for MacKinnon, you are not alone. He may be the quietest 85 point player I've ever seen. He's obviously not a big factor unless he's putting up points. That being said, he is really the only veteran amongst the top 6 forwards and is likely to be counted on to provide leadership. I just can't see a team who's hoping to improve, trading their leading scorer from the year before.
MacKinnon was actually going to be attending UWO this coming season. He was totally disillusioned by being traded from the Soo to O.S then onto London in less than a year. Then after coming to Kitchener he connected quite nicely with Scott Timmins but then Timmins was traded to Windsor. MacKinnon was on the verge of quiting the OHL but Spott convinced to tough it out till the end of the season. When MacKinnon was teamed up with Jeff Skinner and Akeson it totally rejuvinated him and he told Spott at season end that he would love to be back.
I have no proof to base this on but I believe Spott promised becuse of the turmoil that CM went through that he wouldn't be traded!!
Add in the additions of Landeskog, Andersson, Moore, Maxwell, Morin and Murphy (what a player!!) that he'll be enjoying this season!

Ward Cornell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:43 PM
colt4ever

Quote:
I think it's a bit of a toss up really. With how competitive some of the division races could be this coming season, would two guys playing in their last OHL season fetch more value now (so they would play a whole season with their new team) or more at the deadline when teams have realized their team needs.

Lalonde should have value either way. However, Cameron, I think has more value right now. I'm not sure he's the type of player who can create his own offence (I love him as a player, but he's a finisher). With the rebuilding process, is he going to have someone on his line that can allow him to put up the goals and points?

In return for either of these guys, Belleville should do quite well. I'm sure they are after more than just draft picks and recent draft picks though. My guess is that they look for 1991 and 1992 born players in order to load up for the 2010-2011 season when guys like Judson, Alcock, Silas, etc, are all more mature.

For instance, if Barrie is after a guy like Shawn Lalonde, I can't see them acquiring him without giving up someone like Sgarbossa, Payerl, Mitch Bennett or David Mazurek.

like i said before i could see barrie putting a big package together for both lalonde and cameron.barrie lacks RW and D and they have prospects and tons of picks to deal not to mention they only have 2 overagers.

colt4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt4ever View Post
like i said before i could see barrie putting a big package together for both lalonde and cameron.barrie lacks RW and D and they have prospects and tons of picks to deal not to mention they only have 2 overagers.
I wonder if Barrie is currently regretting trading Brian Lashoff, considering how much he has progressed. I think Lashoff really cements himself as one of the league's top two way defenceman this season.

I mean Barrie got back Josh Brittain in the deal, but considering the strength on the teams left side, he almost seems redundant now.

I think Lashoff would look a lot better in a Barrie line up than Brittain does right now.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Torgo

So we are getting Landeskog in Kitchener? Since when? I was just talking to a guy who is up to date on everything the Rangers do and did not mention it, I would think it would be big news.

Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThreat View Post
Hold on.
It's a done deal. Landeskog will play for Rangers the coming season.
http://images.sportsverige.com/files...7_original.jpg

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Torgo

Wow, time to revive the Landeskog thread, I must know more.

EDIT: I want to post this on another site, anyone have a link on the info of the trade?

Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThreat View Post
So we are getting Landeskog in Kitchener? Since when? I was just talking to a guy who is up to date on everything the Rangers do and did not mention it, I would think it would be big news.
Maybe you need to buy him lunch?

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/main...sp?newsid=1536

Ward Cornell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

And the first one on the list to bite the dust is...Cody St. Jacques

http://news.guelphmercury.com/Sports/article/518965

Back to Guelph, as Brandon Foote is out till at least January after undergoing hip surgery.

Old
08-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/ne...add-goaltender

Beskorowany to Kingston.

Old
08-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
The last thing Kingston needs to do is trade for another goaltender. They're fine with Parks and Cullen as their one-two punch.

While I don't disagree with you about dealing Moon (in fact, I actually thought they should have dealt him this past trade deadline), a goalie coming back the other way makes zero sense for Kingston.
Would you like a side dish with your crow!

All kidding aside, I am somewhat surprised Kingston was the one who stepped forward to acquire Beskorowany.

Old
08-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Already posted this in your thread on the OHL forum.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote