HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

The All Capitals Fantasy Discussion/Inquiries/Injuries Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2009, 12:20 PM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
per TEB, Jurcina officially on IR; last game played 11/11 so he is eligible to play as soon as the next game on 11/20

Old
11-17-2009, 09:00 PM
sk84fun_dc

http://twitter.com/cmasisak22: "Quintin Laing will stay here overnight for observation ... Boudreau says he might have a broken jaw."

Old
11-17-2009, 09:09 PM
frasnap

I, of course, appreciate the diligence, sk8. I might, however, want to point out that...perhaps...the fantasy thread is an interesting choice for Quintin Laing updates. Unless there's a league out there that counts blocked shots...

Old
11-17-2009, 09:12 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasnap View Post
I, of course, appreciate the diligence, sk8. I might, however, want to point out that...perhaps...the fantasy thread is an interesting choice for Quintin Laing updates. Unless there's a league out there that counts blocked shots...
ha, I look at this thread as both fantasy and injury related...not one and the same, but perhaps that is not the right way to look at it

and given some of the leagues I have heard about, I imagine there are some where blocked shots count

Old
11-17-2009, 09:22 PM
frasnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
ha, I look at this thread as both fantasy and injury related...not one and the same, but perhaps that is not the right way to look at it

and given some of the leagues I have heard about, I imagine there are some where blocked shots count
Ha. We make the rules here. I'd probably put them in News & Notes, but maybe it makes sense to move some stuff like that out of the mega-thread. I just thought it was funny, especially considering the post followed one about Milan Jurcina...

An all-blocked-shots league. First overall: Quintin Laing. Second: Jay McKee.

Old
11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Ha. We make the rules here. I'd probably put them in News & Notes, but maybe it makes sense to move some stuff like that out of the mega-thread. I just thought it was funny, especially considering the post followed one about Milan Jurcina...

I don't care; fwiw, in general I think line-up updates and injuries impact fantasy teams even if the player himself doesn't have much fantasy team value, so I view this as the active roster update as well as the fantasy updates as it impacts call-ups, playing time, etc. If people prefer this stuff is in news and notes, exclusively, just say the word.

Old
11-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Ty Webb*

Any word on Semin as far as playing on Friday?

Old
11-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Foy

Quote:

you better have lots of IR slots in that league.

Old
11-18-2009, 12:14 PM
sk84fun_dc

updates from 11/18 http://twitter.com/cmasisak22

Theodore may miss the games on 11/20 and 11/21, nothing definite

Semin is day to day "cmasisak22: McPhee said Semin had an MRI on his wrist and it is just sore. He said he could miss this weekend's games, but is day-to-day."

Laing may be out 4-6 weeks

Old
11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Laing may be out 4-6 weeks
Just a note...If anyone out there has Laing on thier fantasy team...give up now.

Old
11-18-2009, 01:23 PM
frasnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Just a note...If anyone out there has Laing on thier fantasy team...give up now.
you have me on ignore, don't you

Old
11-18-2009, 01:24 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:

but as noted earlier, keeps all the information in one place and when a player's out it does impact the roster since that slot gets filled by someone else

Old
11-18-2009, 01:24 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
you have me on ignore, don't you
No, I just don't read very well...or not at all.

Old
11-18-2009, 01:34 PM
frasnap

Quote:
No, I just don't read very well...or not at all.
You said it funnier than i did anyway.

Old
11-18-2009, 01:42 PM
sk84fun_dc

so get your jokes ready for round 2, Shaone Morrisonn is questionable to play this weekend per Japers Rink updates from Caps Report.

Old
11-18-2009, 01:46 PM
jeffsens11

vCash: 580
Semin injured

Hey, sens fan here
I've got Semin in my pool (and OV) but he didn't play last night. Yahoo says he's out indefinitely, does n e one know what he's hurt with or how long he might be out for?

Old
11-18-2009, 01:51 PM
sk84fun_dc

see post 138

Old
11-18-2009, 01:52 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsens11 View Post
Hey, sens fan here
I've got Semin in my pool (and OV) but he didn't play last night. Yahoo says he's out indefinitely, does n e one know what he's hurt with or how long he might be out for?
No one knows. Don't look in this thread labeled fantasy discussion. Don't do it.

11-18-2009, 02:06 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
No one knows. Don't look in this thread labeled fantasy discussion. Don't do it.
this seems like a remarkably high degree of consolidation. could there be a fantasy thread and a separate injury thread for people who actually care about the caps and not their office pool?

it seems almost crass to have discussions like: "yo, shud i pick up fleischmann on my hockey pool's waiver wire?" and "is liang's jaw going to be wired shut for two months?" coexisting.

Old
11-18-2009, 02:11 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
so get your jokes ready for round 2, Shaone Morrisonn is questionable to play this weekend per Japers Rink updates from Caps Report.
I know we'd have to make a roster move, but do we have the cap space for an Alzner cameo this weekend?

Old
11-18-2009, 02:24 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
this seems like a remarkably high degree of consolidation. could there be a fantasy thread and a separate injury thread for people who actually care about the caps and not their office pool?

it seems almost crass to have discussions like: "yo, shud i pick up fleischmann on my hockey pool's waiver wire?" and "is liang's jaw going to be wired shut for two months?" coexisting.
speaking just for myself:

The Semin update was on the last page when the person decided to start a completely new thread to ask their question. Most of us respond quickly to fantasy questions when they are asked in this thread, regardless of how recently the topic was addressed, but the info. really was not buried, fwiw. The annoyance is people feeling the need to start a new thread every time someone is hurt. Ovechkin being an exception and that thread stayed as a standalone.

Old
11-18-2009, 02:31 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I know we'd have to make a roster move, but do we have the cap space for an Alzner cameo this weekend?
Don't quote me on this But if Knuble is on LTIR, I believe the answer is yes; with a portion of the bonus cushion being used. They also could place Laing on LTIR. ** also, note, Beagle and Perreault have some performance bonuses built into their contracts

Roster update:

3G: Theodore and Varlamov (plus Neuvirth on emergency recall one assumes)

7D: Erskine, Green, Morrisonn, Pothier, Poti, Schultz, Sloan

14F: Backstrom, Beagle, Bradley, Clark, Fehr, Fleischmann, Laich, Laing, Morrison, Perreault, Semin, Steckel, Ovechkin, plus Nylander

Injured: Gordon, possibly on IR, too, in order to only have 23 on active roster; or maybe somehow Nylander is on non-active roster and does not count against the 23?

IR: Knuble and Jurcina (and now Laing)
LTIR: assume Knuble (and likely Laing, if needed)
Nylander - on the roster, but in limbo

Gordon - last game played 11/14, back injury
Jurcina - last game played 11/11, on IR, lower body injury
Knuble - last game played 11/13, assume on LTIR, surgery on broken finger
Laing - last game played 11/17, on IR, broken jaw
Semin - last game played 11/14, day to day with wrist injury

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 11-18-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old
11-18-2009, 03:15 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post

Generally the majority here has made it's opinion known that less stickied threads the better. To me the logic having having fantasy in with injured player as most of the fantasy inquires (non-capitals fan/regular poster) are when <insert injured player> will play in X game.

11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Morrisonn is day-to-day with an upper body injury.

Here's a look at man-games lost thus far with the Caps coming in at #9. Seems like that's likely to rise a spot or two in the next few weeks at least.

The fantasy and injury stuff tends to dovetail but really only for the big names on the team. Most of the time injury info tends to be spread over a few different threads with this one, News & Notes and the Hershey thread if there are resulting call-ups.

Old
11-18-2009, 04:52 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Morrisonn is day-to-day with an upper body injury.

Here's a look at man-games lost thus far with the Caps coming in at #9. Seems like that's likely to rise a spot or two in the next few weeks at least.
i'll just point out a rather obvious fact that this list is in no way normalized to reflect the quality of the absent player. brian sutherby's pulled groin and ilya kovalchuk's broken foot make it seem like the stars and thrash have been just as shorthanded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
The fantasy and injury stuff tends to dovetail but really only for the big names on the team. Most of the time injury info tends to be spread over a few different threads with this one, News & Notes and the Hershey thread if there are resulting call-ups.
i guess it's a little academic anyways since people just post wherever they feel like it instead of in the designated uber fantasy/injury thread. ... ...remind me not to let hfboards goons use my bathroom.

Closed Thread