HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Randy Jones

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-31-2009, 12:13 PM
  #1
KingsCrown
Registered User
 
KingsCrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Randy Jones

Seems like his name keeps coming up in trade talks with LA to clear cap space. My impression of him is that he is a physical, steady, veteran defenseman. Is that correct? Id assume we'd be getting a pick back too since we are taking on his salary.

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:14 PM
  #2
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Randy Jones is the ****ing man.

This is a guy you want on your team.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:14 PM
  #3
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Absolute stud, will be sad to see him go, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
  #4
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
I find it incredibly hard to believe that a trade for Jones wouldn't land us the other teams 1st round pick.

...looks like Holmgren has lost his lid.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
  #5
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
He's a very underrated, top-4 defenseman that can basically do it all. Its gonna be sad to see him go, but the salary cap leaves us no choice.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:21 PM
  #6
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,973
vCash: 500
solid top 4.
vastly underpaid.
a definite fan favorite.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
  #7
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
I'd hate to see him go. But for the right return, I could probably be convinced. You have to give to get.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:28 PM
  #8
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
The is bull**** if true. If we keep overpaid bums like Timonen on this team and move a guys like Jones I will disown this team.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:31 PM
  #9
ChiTown Flyer
Registered User
 
ChiTown Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
Too mean.

ChiTown Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
  #10
intro9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
One of the most under-rated defensemen in all of hockey. Very unfortunate that Homer screwed up the cap so bad and we can't afford to keep this guy.

LA is in a position to really fleece the Flyers out of an exceptional defenseman.

intro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:40 PM
  #11
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,149
vCash: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCrown View Post
Seems like his name keeps coming up in trade talks with LA to clear cap space. My impression of him is that he is a physical, steady, veteran defenseman. Is that correct? Id assume we'd be getting a pick back too since we are taking on his salary.
Working on the assumption of a serious question: Jones is a suitable third-line d-man and he played well in the 2008 playoffs. His contract is a stigma and he is best suited for the third pairing, not second. The current tag attached to him is his hip and surgery (a link to his May surgery -- http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/news/bc...ry-successful/ ).

OK, back to the churlishness, I mean plaudits.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:48 PM
  #12
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
He's one of those d men that does a tiny bit of everything. Sometimes physical, sometimes offensive. If healthy hes a number 4

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:48 PM
  #13
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown Flyer View Post
Too mean.
Very...


Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:51 PM
  #14
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Am I the only one who just realized that one of the village people was named Randy Jones?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:51 PM
  #15
Kambo
 
Kambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
He's all that and a bag of chips. But really, I'll cry like a ****ing baby if he leaves. Our D will apart without him. He's the anchor, and the heart and soul of that defense.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:51 PM
  #16
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Randy Jones is the ****ing man.

This is a guy you want on your team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Absolute stud, will be sad to see him go, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I find it incredibly hard to believe that a trade for Jones wouldn't land us the other teams 1st round pick.

...looks like Holmgren has lost his lid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
He's a very underrated, top-4 defenseman that can basically do it all. Its gonna be sad to see him go, but the salary cap leaves us no choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
solid top 4.
vastly underpaid.
a definite fan favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I'd hate to see him go. But for the right return, I could probably be convinced. You have to give to get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by intro9 View Post
One of the most under-rated defensemen in all of hockey. Very unfortunate that Homer screwed up the cap so bad and we can't afford to keep this guy.

LA is in a position to really fleece the Flyers out of an exceptional defenseman.
You guys are so full of ****.

This thread is hilarious. This isn't Hextall we are talking to, no use lying.

Randy Jones blows. He is a #5 being paid like a #4 or #3. He is teh suck, and will frustrate you night in and night out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Very...

Ouchies.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:55 PM
  #17
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Am I the only one who just realized that one of the village people was named Randy Jones?
You mean...he doesn't pitch for the Padres???

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:55 PM
  #18
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular
 
claude boivin lives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Working on the assumption of a serious question: Jones is a suitable third-line d-man and he played well in the 2008 playoffs. His contract is a stigma and he is best suited for the third pairing, not second. The current tag attached to him is his hip and surgery (a link to his May surgery -- http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/news/bc...ry-successful/ ).

OK, back to the churlishness, I mean plaudits.
Continuing with the serious talk...I think he could be plenty suited for second pairing duties for plenty of teams if he's made a full recovery. Which I can't see any reason that he shouldn't have with all this time to rehab. It's not like he's old or has had past issues with his hip or anything.

This thread must be confusing.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:55 PM
  #19
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Am I the only one who just realized that one of the village people was named Randy Jones?
My mom figured that one out too.


DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 12:57 PM
  #20
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Am I the only one who just realized that one of the village people was named Randy Jones?

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:00 PM
  #21
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,149
vCash: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Continuing with the serious talk...I think he could be plenty suited for second pairing duties for plenty of teams if he's made a full recovery. Which I can't see any reason that he shouldn't have with all this time to rehab. It's not like he's old or has had past issues with his hip or anything.

This thread must be confusing.
What are the Kings' (OP) current D pairings? Could Jones make top two?

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
  #22
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,149
vCash: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Am I the only one who just realized that one of the village people was named Randy Jones?
I thought of this Randy Jones:


MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:03 PM
  #23
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
What are the Kings' (OP) current D pairings? Could Jones make top two?
I think they have an open spot in the bottom pairing, unless Hickey or Drewiskie makes the team.

Doughty
Scuderi
Johnson
Greene
O'Donnell

I think those are the "for sure" defensemen in the lineup.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:05 PM
  #24
flyguys7475
Registered User
 
flyguys7475's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
jones is awful! he coughs up the puck like it his job! i would be happy if we aquired a bag of pucks for him... he is awful....GOD AWFUL!!

flyguys7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
  #25
flyguys7475
Registered User
 
flyguys7475's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
The is bull**** if true. If we keep overpaid bums like Timonen on this team and move a guys like Jones I will disown this team.
if you think that kimmo timonen is an overpaid bum you are an idiot. so it sounds like you would rather have randy jones than kimmo timonen... you dont make much sense!

flyguys7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.