HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Financial/Ownership Situation #6

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2009, 06:37 PM
ssmatik

vCash: 500
Balsallie is allowed to bid on September 10.
I've pretty much had enough.

Old
08-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePuckCoyotes View Post
Really? I have NEVER been able to get my money back from Moyes. I always had to just make changes to my account, take cheaper seats, etc. I was specifically told last year that I couldn't get my money back when I had a major change in my financial situation.
Who is your rep may I ask?

Old
08-05-2009, 06:55 PM
AZCOYOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
Balsallie is allowed to bid on September 10.
I've pretty much had enough.
Enough of the rollercoaster, which is exactly what it is. I guess for me, I remain positive. But it'd be nice to be thrown a god damn bone here.

I guess I should be lucky the Coyotes aren't my only team, or i'm not sure what i'd do right now. Living in a city without the NHL would certainly have some serious draw backs for me but I'm also a guy who had Flames season tickets and dropped them because I didn't like going to all the games, so I could make the trip to anaheim/L.a. twice a year to make up for that but i'll still feel a huge, HUUUUUUGE void if the Coyotes weren't in Glendale.

Again, i'm too negative.. I hate this ****

Old
08-05-2009, 06:59 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
Enough of the rollercoaster, which is exactly what it is.
Welcome to erm... the past 5-6 years?

Old
08-05-2009, 07:07 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Canada is well known for it's crazies. It's why we're universally despised.
Only as much as the crazy hobo that doesn't really hang out in populated areas, lives pretty far away and never really causes any harm apart from saying nutty and ultimately funny things.

Old
08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

At some point, and it was discussed in court, the Judge is going to need to address the bigh white elephant in the room, how can ballsie purchase this thing (nor why would he want to) with 26 owners denying his application. I knew postponement was a bad idea.

Old
08-05-2009, 07:24 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
...Again, i'm too negative.. I hate this ****
Not negative, just mother****ing frustrated like the rest of us

I'm done reading and commenting on the frantic and confident speculation of our friends up north, and will just accept:

1) The Coyotes will be here playing in 2009-10, with GMDM in the front office and TGO or someone else coaching.

2) My wife and I will be in our seats each night at Jobing.

3) No matter what the judge rules on Sept. 10 or 11, there will be no final decision on ownership for 1-2 years as the case works its way through the Ninth Circuit and, if necessary, SCOTUS.

4) It doesn't help to be worried or angry now about something that won't be settled for more than a year.

Old
08-05-2009, 07:25 PM
THE_HABS_MTL

I think that there are few more businessmans interesting in bid on September 10... (relocation option)...Peladeau - Quebec City

Old
08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_HABS_MTL View Post
I think that there are few more businessmans interesting in bid on September 10... (relocation option)...Peladeau - Quebec City
But will they have time to formulate an offer in a month. The Judge will not accept anymore "letters of intent" on Sept 10th.

Old
08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
THE_HABS_MTL

It's better to fold the team, I now how it was when our Nordiques left Quebec... (((

Last edited by THE_HABS_MTL: 08-05-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old
08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Canada is well known for it's crazies. It's why we're universally despised.
You don't have to be universally despised to be crazy. Everybody loved Kramer on Seinfeld. Norway isn't universally despised and yet everyone there is crazy, who wouldnt be when you got 20hours of sunlight some days.

I was born and raised in canada and i can tell you that i left the country because of the crazies there (and the bad weather) But that's just my opinion

Old
08-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Not negative, just mother****ing frustrated like the rest of us

I'm done reading and commenting on the frantic and confident speculation of our friends up north, and will just accept:

1) The Coyotes will be here playing in 2009-10, with GMDM in the front office and TGO or someone else coaching.

2) My wife and I will be in our seats each night at Jobing.

3) No matter what the judge rules on Sept. 10 or 11, there will be no final decision on ownership for 1-2 years as the case works its way through the Ninth Circuit and, if necessary, SCOTUS.

4) It doesn't help to be worried or angry now about something that won't be settled for more than a year.
1. Ill be at most games regardless.

2. At this point it's more of a matter of wanting to see the Coyotes fans get justice out of this. I wish the judge would rule on something that would make Jerry moyes regret what he has done. Yet it doesn't seem to me that the judge has the guts to do so!

I wish the Judge would have ruled that the NHL was in control and throw the bankruptcy filling out of court so the league can sue for damages and move on with getting one of the other 2 parties involved becoming the owner.

3. If you wish, I'll join you for a drink or 2 during the home opener?

Old
08-05-2009, 07:48 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
1. Ill be at most games regardless.

2. At this point it's more of a matter of wanting to see the Coyotes fans get justice out of this. I wish the judge would rule on something that would make Jerry moyes regret what he has done. Yet it doesn't seem to me that the judge has the guts to do so!

I wish the Judge would have ruled that the NHL was in control and throw the bankruptcy filling out of court so the league can sue for damages and move on with getting one of the other 2 parties involved becoming the owner.

3. If you wish, I'll join you for a drink or 2 during the home opener?
you're on!

Old
08-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Z4dfence

Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
Quote:
It was a snide comment, Z. Maybe I should have a used a in suggesting a flood of calls to the ticket office from upset STH who received the DRH letter. A thousand or so calls might make a nice addition to the court record, and further backup the argument introduced today by the NHL about attempts to disrupt and deter the local auction.
LOL sorry ... can you tell I have too many days of Moyes ******** court under my belt and waaay too much time on my hands... I didn't realize I was so tetchy. (someone needs to find a job soon b4 she goes any further off the deep end)

Old
08-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
you're on!
Awesome! Were about 2 months away from that date and can't wait since this summer has been a drag not only because what of what gone on with the team but also the weather too. Its supposed to the monsoon season and it hardly rained here in Phoenix. At leats thats according to the weather reports at the airport.

I sent you a PM.

Old
08-05-2009, 08:08 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
At some point, and it was discussed in court, the Judge is going to need to address the bigh white elephant in the room, how can ballsie purchase this thing (nor why would he want to) with 26 owners denying his application. I knew postponement was a bad idea.
I think judge Baum has handled all the complex issues as well as can be expected.
His decision to allow any and all offers is his way of exposing all the potential bidders and eliminating Balsille. He is also showing that he is looking at all potential offers, which is his responsibility to the creditors.
Judge Baum is aware of all the issues that make relocation of the team through the bankrupcy court a virtual impossibility due to the Glendale claim, the NHL's rights and approvals and rejection of Balsille, the relocation fees, damages to the Leafs and Sabres, etc.
Have faith - this move is designed to get rid of Balsille. Watch and see!

Old
08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
His decision to allow any and all offers is his way of exposing all the potential bidders and eliminating Balsille.
I hope you are right, but you are jumping to conclusions. No one knows that for sure.

Quote:
Judge Baum is aware of all the issues that make relocation of the team through the bankrupcy court a virtual impossibility due to the Glendale claim, the NHL's rights and approvals and rejection of Balsille, the relocation fees, damages to the Leafs and Sabres, etc.
He is definitely aware, and again I hope you are right. Then again, bankruptcy can void things like leases. We don't know what he is going to do and assuming the best is not a good plan. Hope for the best sure, but assuming or asserting it is misguided.

Old
08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
AZCOYOT

Daly statement regarding bankruptcy court order issued today in Phoenix Wednesday, 08.05.2009 / 8:58 PM / News NEW YORK -- National Hockey League Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly released the following statement regarding the Bankruptcy Court order issued in Phoenix:

"We are in receipt of and have reviewed the Court's Order issued earlier tonight. Obviously, there is a lot to be done and possibly decided before September 10. We remain confident that the successful bidder will be one who is committed to continuing to operate the Coyotes in Glendale for the long term. We also remain confident that Mr. Balsillie's bid for the team will never be approved by the Court for a variety of reasons, including that his application for ownership was overwhelmingly rejected by the NHL Board of Governors last week. We look forward to making significant steps toward resolution of this unfortunate situation over the next several weeks."

Old
08-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Howler and The Pack

Lot of talk went on about the casualties with the whole bankruptcy.

What about Howler the mascot and the Pack dancers?
Does anyone have an idea of what their fate is at this point?

Both a have played a strong part with the team and the community.
In my eyes however it seems more that fans and AZ connect more with the mascot than the ladies even when the dance pack is handing out those great prizes at the games.

I would miss Howler if he is no longer with us and The Pack as well.

However I wouldn't be surprised if Howler is ramaing of the 2 since most hockey fans I just don't buy into the idea of having cheerleaders in Hockey and more so in football and basketball. Not to mention that many who dont like cheerleaders in hockey often refer to them as puckbunnies sad to say!

Old
08-05-2009, 11:14 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

The more I think about it todays ruling isn't good for us or bad for us. I think the Judge wants to openly compare apples to apples here. Look we all know had the Reinz offer be accepted Moyes would have cried and moaned and petition the Judge to hold off on accepting the Reinz offer to see "what better offers exist." I think this gives everyone their day in court (literaly) Force Moyes to prove why the COG isn't entitled to more than the $3m, Force the COG to demonstrate damages. I'm blocking out the entire day on the 10th as That will be a full day in court and will bleed into the 11th.

Old
08-05-2009, 11:29 PM
GophersGoneWild
Was MN_Hockey_in_AZ

Quote:
The more I think about it todays ruling isn't good for us or bad for us. I think the Judge wants to openly compare apples to apples here. Look we all know had the Reinz offer be accepted Moyes would have cried and moaned and petition the Judge to hold off on accepting the Reinz offer to see "what better offers exist." I think this gives everyone their day in court (literaly) Force Moyes to prove why the COG isn't entitled to more than the $3m, Force the COG to demonstrate damages. I'm blocking out the entire day on the 10th as That will be a full day in court and will bleed into the 11th.
Let's say the day comes and there are three bids left standing...Ice Edge, Reinsdorf and Balsillie. Now let's say the judge rules in favor of Ice Edge or Reinsdorf...does this mean Balsillie doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to an anti-trust suit? Wasn't his whole point in the first place that he just wanted his bid to be evenly considered with any other bids? Now that it is going to be considered and hopefully denied I don't really see how he would have a case. I'm not a lawyer and have limited legal knowledge, but that seems to be the case to me.

Old
08-05-2009, 11:43 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

But Judge Baum did say 2 months ago that PSE was getting ahead of itself claiming, "anti-trust" There were no damages, PSE looses, where are the damages? He wasn't out any money (other than what he paid that hack attorney Ms Freeman) The Anti-Trust issue is for PSE and the League to litigate in a separate civil court. The Anti-Trust issue is the least of our concerns. I still don't get why this guy wants to peruse this, the BOG took a vote, no one wanted to be in business with him. PERIOD!!! 26-0-3 Anyone know who abstained and why?

Old
08-06-2009, 02:06 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
26-0-3 Anyone know who abstained and why?
Leafs, Buffalo, Detroit, Phoenix

Legal reasons.

Old
08-06-2009, 02:11 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Leafs, Buffalo, Detroit, Phoenix

Legal reasons.
Is that reported or your guess?

Old
08-06-2009, 02:39 AM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
I think judge Baum has handled all the complex issues as well as can be expected.
His decision to allow any and all offers is his way of exposing all the potential bidders and eliminating Balsille. He is also showing that he is looking at all potential offers, which is his responsibility to the creditors.
Agreed..

Closed Thread