HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

KHL wants Lampman back

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-04-2009, 03:46 PM
  #1
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
KHL wants Lampman back

Quote:
The Kontinental Hockey League was surprised with National Hockey League vice-president Bill Daly's recent statement, published in the Detroit Free Press on July 30, 2009. Commenting on the registration of Jiři Hudler's contract with the KHL club Dynamo Moscow, Mr. Daly said, "The NHL respects the terms of individual player contracts in other leagues. the KHL has chosen not to respect NHL contracts."

However, on July 29 the NHL's St. Louis Blues announced the signing of a contract with American defenseman Bryce Lampman, who has, in fact, a valid and registered two-year agreement with the KHL club Amur Khabarovsk. As a result of this action, copies of the contract have been sent by the KHL to the NHL and the International Ice Hockey Federation.

The Kontinental Hockey League expects to receive an official comment on the situation from the National Hockey League and the International Ice Hockey Federation.
http://www.fromtherink.com/2009/8/4/...s-from-the-khl

First Joel Kwiatkowski and now Lampman.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
  #2
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
First Joel Kwiatkowski and now Lampman.
if NHL clubs want the KHL to respect their contracts, the NHL has to respect every khl contract, even if it is minor players like the above.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:53 PM
  #3
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,496
vCash: 500
Like they respected Radulov's contract?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:03 PM
  #4
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Like they respected Radulov's contract?
And that's the end of that debate. Easily resolvable, the KHL needs to suspend Radulov from play until his current NHL contract situation is resolved one way or another. Otherwise, they're just being hypocritical.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
  #5
X8oD
Registered User
 
X8oD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Like they respected Radulov's contract?
at some point the players need to wake up and not lock themselves into contracts they want to break a year later cause they aren't happy.

the NHL in NHLPA stands for National Hockey League. the NHLPA needs to take a stance and start removing privileges/rights to players who threaten to leave the NHL.

X8oD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:07 PM
  #6
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Like they respected Radulov's contract?
if the NHL is losing radulovs and hudlers while the khl is losing lampmans and kwiatkowskis, the incentive should be on the NHL's side to follow the agreement to a T because they are the ones who need this agreement to be followed, not the KHL.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:36 PM
  #7
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Let's be honest about it. KHL was wrong signing Radulov, BUT, a huge BUT there was no verbal agreement and since then there is. Since there's one NHL has signed Kwiatkowski, Dadonov, Lampman and there's a whole line of junior prospects that are being sucked into bolting to NA. Telegin is the first one. Then Vancouver has signed Shirokov and while NHL hasn't registered a contract there still was one.
For all that Dynamo moscow has signed Hudler and the KHL didn't register his contract untill Lampman and Dadonov were stolen. Now if NHL will act from position of power, which they certainly can, KHL will do anything they can to spoil the holiday and steal a piece of the NHL's pie. If NHL chooses a civilized way of dealing as two equals, things will be allright, I am sure of it.


Last edited by cska78: 08-04-2009 at 05:55 PM.
cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:38 PM
  #8
backs4mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burlington, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD View Post
at some point the players need to wake up and not lock themselves into contracts they want to break a year later cause they aren't happy.

the NHL in NHLPA stands for National Hockey League. the NHLPA needs to take a stance and start removing privileges/rights to players who threaten to leave the NHL.
And the PA stands for Player's Association. They are there to look out for the player's best interests.

backs4mvp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
  #9
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
and the POS Paramuzin the agent of Parshin, Dadonov, Shirokov and Telegin should be shot as he's ruining their careers and causing the rift between the leagues.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:45 PM
  #10
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
"The NHL respects the terms of individual player contracts in other leagues. The KHL has chosen not to respect NHL contracts"

Mr.Daly







And still the Russians are the bad guys here and you guys keep on repeating Radulov, that is just one player.

The NHL has done something like this numerous times and they´ve been doing things like this years before the Russians even thought of it.

I hope the European federations don´t sign the agreement with the NHL anytime soon, not until the NHL and the European federations/leagues will be treated equivalent.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:50 PM
  #11
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 50
There needs to be a formal transfer agreement.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:57 PM
  #12
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
"The NHL respects the terms of individual player contracts in other leagues. The KHL has chosen not to respect NHL contracts"

Mr.Daly







And still the Russians are the bad guys here and you guys keep on repeating Radulov, that is just one player.

The NHL has done something like this numerous times and they´ve been doing things like this years before the Russians even thought of it.

I hope the European federations don´t sign the agreement with the NHL anytime soon, not until the NHL and the European federations/leagues will be treated equivalent.
that's like besides the point...I mean who cares about them taking Malkin, Mogilniy, Fedorov all future hall of famer. Fetisov and the likes...the m....ing russians took Radulov (their own mind you)

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:57 PM
  #13
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue
 
rumrokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,757
vCash: 500
Why is this a fight between leagues who should be policing their own contracts instead of each others? Why isn't this a fight between the league that feels wronged and the player who bailed?

Seems like the leagues are the ones acting victimized by each other when it's the players who are making these choices despite already having a contract. If a player doesn't want to play in your league, that's not the other league's fault, it's your own fault or the player's fault. Respond accordingly. Suspend him. Seek damages.

Seeking official statements and finger pointing by the KHL is a publicity stunt more than an actual effort to get fair treatment. They would rather not have a transfer agreement because that would make them look smaller than they'd like to project.

rumrokh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:57 PM
  #14
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Let's be honest about it. KHL was wrong signing Radulov, BUT, a huge BUT there was no verbal agreement and since then there is. Since there's one NHL has signed Kwiatkowski, Dadonov, Lampman and there's a whole line of junior prospects that are being sucked into bolting to Europe. Telegin is the first one. Then Vancouver has signed Shirokov and while NHL hasn't registered a contract there still was one.
For all that Dynamo moscow has signed Hudler and the KHL didn't register his contract untill Lampman and Dadonov were stolen. Now if NHL will act from position of power, which they certainly can, KHL will do anything they can to spoil the holiday and steal a piece of the NHL's pie. If NHL chooses a civilized way of dealing as two equals, things will be allright, I am sure of it.
People just need to realize that the verbal agreement is and will always be a farce. They knew Hudler was going to the KHL weeks before the Lampman signing. The KHL registering the contract had no bearing on that and was simply a PR move.

There's never going to be a civil working relationship between the two leagues because the war started with Radulov and will continue until one of the league goes under.

I think it's laughable to ask the NHL to follow the 'agreement' to a T because they're losing Hudlers and Radulovs. When you are the best league in the world by a very long shot, losing a couple 2nd liners doesn't matter to the league and gaining all the prospects they want to get their greedy little hands on matters to the teams.

If the teams wanted to keep the Radulovs and Hudlers, they would pay them to do so. I think people overestimate just how much this hurts teams that lose the players and the health of the league relative to the KHL.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:59 PM
  #15
guyincognito
Registered User
 
guyincognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 31,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by backs4mvp View Post
And the PA stands for Player's Association. They are there to look out for the player's best interests.
once they are no longer a part of the NHL, they are not members of the NHLPA... so I'd say the NHL part trumps the PA part.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:00 PM
  #16
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
There needs to be a formal transfer agreement.
It was the Russians that bailed on the agreement going for more money. They knew this type of bickering and poaching was going to happen.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
  #17
guyincognito
Registered User
 
guyincognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 31,300
vCash: 500
also, I think if I were the KHL, I'd have no interest in any kind of transfer agreement (even a small one involving, say RFA rights), because they have an opportunity next summer. so they're talking out of both sides of their mouths.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:12 PM
  #18
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
People just need to realize that the verbal agreement is and will always be a farce. They knew Hudler was going to the KHL weeks before the Lampman signing. The KHL registering the contract had no bearing on that and was simply a PR move.

There's never going to be a civil working relationship between the two leagues because the war started with Radulov and will continue until one of the league goes under.

I think it's laughable to ask the NHL to follow the 'agreement' to a T because they're losing Hudlers and Radulovs. When you are the best league in the world by a very long shot, losing a couple 2nd liners doesn't matter to the league and gaining all the prospects they want to get their greedy little hands on matters to the teams.

If the teams wanted to keep the Radulovs and Hudlers, they would pay them to do so. I think people overestimate just how much this hurts teams that lose the players and the health of the league relative to the KHL.
For godnes´ sake, do Hudler and Radulov have brothers or something now since you keep refering to them as Radulovs and Hudlers. It is two freaking players.

The NHL needs to stop acting like the emperor of the hockey world and stop expecting the European federations and leagues bowing to them. And why does the NHL keep on acting as if they´re innocent if they act exactly the same as those horrible Russians!!??

Because if they keep acting like they´ve always did, there is no way the other European countries sans Russia are gonna be on their side. It is pretty logical that they´ll much rather turn to the league that pays them a true value for the players it takes than the league that pays 200.000 dolars for the likes of Ovechkin or doesn´t pay anything at all in some cases.

Lulea probably got more for Harju and Omark than the laughable amount of money that was paid for Ovechkin.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
  #19
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0
 
RandV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Let's be honest about it. KHL was wrong signing Radulov, BUT, a huge BUT there was no verbal agreement and since then there is. Since there's one NHL has signed Kwiatkowski, Dadonov, Lampman and there's a whole line of junior prospects that are being sucked into bolting to NA. Telegin is the first one. Then Vancouver has signed Shirokov and while NHL hasn't registered a contract there still was one.
For all that Dynamo moscow has signed Hudler and the KHL didn't register his contract untill Lampman and Dadonov were stolen. Now if NHL will act from position of power, which they certainly can, KHL will do anything they can to spoil the holiday and steal a piece of the NHL's pie. If NHL chooses a civilized way of dealing as two equals, things will be allright, I am sure of it.
You can't seriously be including Shirokov in here. You really think that an agreement in good faith can exist where one side can sign a player whenever the contract expires, but write in their own special rules that prevent the other side from signing them till they're like 27/28 or whatever?

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:27 PM
  #20
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
For godnes´ sake, do Hudler and Radulov have brothers or something now since you keep refering to them as Radulovs and Hudlers. It is two freaking players.

The NHL needs to stop acting like the emperor of the hockey world and stop expecting the European federations and leagues bowing to them. And why does the NHL keep on acting as if they´re innocent if they act exactly the same as those horrible Russians!!??

Because if they keep acting like they´ve always did, there is no way the other European countries sans Russia are gonna be on their side. It is pretty logical that they´ll much rather turn to the league that pays them a true value for the players it takes than the league that pays 200.000 dolars for the likes of Ovechkin or doesn´t pay anything at all in some cases.

Lulea probably got more for Harju and Omark than the laughable amount of money that was paid for Ovechkin.
It's just a way to say those specific players and players like them without saying Hudler, Radulov, and anyone like them. lol

They act innocent for PR and propaganda purposes. They're not innocent and they know that. They're not expecting the European Federation to bow to them...really. They're using the avenue available to them because Russia opted out of the transfer agreement. They don't really mess with the leagues that agreed to the transfer agreement so they have no reason to go against the NHL at this point.

And it's unlikely that they would opt out because Russia could offer them more for certain players because once one of those leagues decides to cross the NHL, they will take any player they want from them w/o any fee like they're doing to the KHL. So yeah, you can make a quick buck on a good player supposedly or you can get the agreed upon money for any and all transfers or you can get nothing.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:38 PM
  #21
Samuelson
 
Samuelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
While the KHL does have a point about keeping their own players under contract, I think they need to show NHL teams the same respect and not cry foul every time a reverse-radulov occurs

Samuelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:46 PM
  #22
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
It's just a way to say those specific players and players like them without saying Hudler, Radulov, and anyone like them. lol

They act innocent for PR and propaganda purposes. They're not innocent and they know that. They're not expecting the European Federation to bow to them...really. They're using the avenue available to them because Russia opted out of the transfer agreement. They don't really mess with the leagues that agreed to the transfer agreement so they have no reason to go against the NHL at this point.

And it's unlikely that they would opt out because Russia could offer them more for certain players because once one of those leagues decides to cross the NHL, they will take any player they want from them w/o any fee like they're doing to the KHL. So yeah, you can make a quick buck on a good player supposedly or you can get the agreed upon money for any and all transfers or you can get nothing.
First of all I´m not idiotic, I got what you meant, I was expecting you to name the other Radulovs and Hudlers except for Radulov and Hudler themselves.

For the bolded part just : And this is exactly why the NHL is considered to be the most arrogant league in the hockey world.
Quite obviously the fans aren´t any better. Ahh, well the apple doesn´t fall far from the tree.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
  #23
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
First of all I´m not idiotic, I got what you meant, I was expecting you to name the other Radulovs and Hudlers except for Radulov and Hudler themselves.

For the bolded part just : And this is exactly why the NHL is considered to be the most arrogant league in the hockey world.
Quite obviously the fans aren´t any better. Ahh, well the apple doesn´t fall far from the tree.
First of all, you don't need to be so rude if you knew what I meant. Secondly, it's arrogance, for sure. But there isn't a doubt that the NHL is the best hockey league in the world. And because the NHL is a business, they'd like to keep it that way and cutthroat international tactics happen. It's pretty damn naive to expect the NHL to play nice guy to an up and coming competitor.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:55 PM
  #24
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
There's never going to be a civil working relationship between the two leagues because the war started with Radulov and will continue until one of the league goes under.
From an NHL perspective the 'war' started with Radulov because (for once) the NHL got a taste of its own medicine.

From Russians perspective the war started 20+ years ago when NHL started stealing tons of players under contract....giving nothing to little back.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
  #25
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
From an NHL perspective the 'war' started with Radulov because (for once) the NHL got a taste of its own medicine.

From Russians perspective the war started 20+ years ago when NHL started stealing tons of players under contract....giving nothing to little back.
There's nothing wrong with what you said. However, this is a business of hockey players and millions of dollars. Nobody's getting killed over this. lol

The Russians knew the cutthroat poaching thing was going to happen both ways and behind closed doors, neither are really crying about it. I think the Russians were ballsy to opt out of the agreement but I think it was very short-sighted of them to do so considering their league's standing right now. They're on shaky ground with their league in general and it would've been better served to have some sort of cooperation with the NHL until they establish themselves as a league...then screw 'em and take what you want. lol

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.