HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parise To Devils...

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2004, 04:34 PM
Brisson11

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Parise To Devils...

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/03/208998.html

This sums it up better than I can so there :p

Man the way they describe him, I want him in a habs uniform :mad:

Old
03-29-2004, 04:57 PM
L3DZ3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/03/208998.html

This sums it up better than I can so there :p

Man the way they describe him, I want him in a habs uniform :mad:
Pouahaha this guy is the most overrated prospect of the last year draft.Don't worry my friend our last year first rounder is way better than Parisé.

Old
03-29-2004, 05:03 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3DZ3P
Pouahaha this guy is the most overrated prospect of the last year draft.Don't worry my friend our last year first rounder is way better than Parisé.
That is nonsense. Kastitsyn has proven nothing. Parise will be a top notch NHL player for the next 15 years or so, while the guy the Habs drafted ahead of him may never play in the NHL. That was a HUGE mistake.

Old
03-29-2004, 05:04 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Why is this here? He isn't a hab, he isn't french, he isn't canadian. Get this out of here.

Old
03-29-2004, 05:13 PM
L3DZ3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
That is nonsense. Kastitsyn has proven nothing. Parise will be a top notch NHL player for the next 15 years or so, while the guy the Habs drafted ahead of him may never play in the NHL. That was a HUGE mistake.
No he sure hasnt prove anything except of playing in a MAN elite league in Russia plus a strong performance at the u-18.This is my opinion and i'm not the only one to think Parise is overrated .

Old
03-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Why is this here? He isn't a hab, he isn't french, he isn't canadian. Get this out of here.
Trop d'accord avec toi!

Old
03-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
OK! I was bored and I wanted to post my first thread to make myself proud stop attacking my poor thread

Old
03-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
haha ! sure Parisé is a real fine prospect ! but he has not the same potential as Kastitsyn !
Kastitsyn offensive weapons: Good speed,heavy slap shot,top notch passing skills,incredible vision, good wrist shot,lots of creativity with the puck and the most intense player you'll see in the offensive zone (reminds me Hossa )

Parise offensive weapons: Good playmaker, good vision on ice and a good skater, play through traffic(reminds me Koivu)

Kastitsyn potential = Future Gamebreaker
Parise potential = 1st line center with good defensive skills

I'll stick with Kastitsyn !

sure Parise proven way more than Kastitsyn in the NHL ! give me a break !
Kastitsyn is a boom or bust type of prospect! if he didnt pan out it worthed the try IMO ! also we have already have a Parise type of player in our system in Higgins !

Old
03-29-2004, 06:14 PM
felixd

I thought Parise was always Devils property...but either way I was never too fond of this guy. I think Kasts will be way better offensively.

Old
03-29-2004, 06:18 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
... and Kastitsyn would have been a top 3 draft pick if it wasn't of his epilepsy problem. So when you think about it, Kasts has way more potential than Parisé...

Old
03-29-2004, 06:32 PM
habitants9_4

Kastsitsyn has the potential to be the best player to come out of that draft. As for Parise, he is good, but I think Kasts will be better in the long run.

Old
03-29-2004, 07:06 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Meanwhile, Parise has proved oh so much - with already multiple solid seasons of NHL experience under his belt and a couple of Stanley Cup rings to boot. Oh yeah!

Both these guys have proved to be unproven, and for that I'd say both are highly overrated.

Old
03-29-2004, 07:39 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
Meanwhile, Parise has proved oh so much - with already multiple solid seasons of NHL experience under his belt and a couple of Stanley Cup rings to boot. Oh yeah!

Both these guys have proved to be unproven, and for that I'd say both are highly overrated.
Averaging 1.5 points per season in his first two NCAA years and leading the U.S. WJC team in scoring (as well as winning the MVP Award) two years in a row is proof enough for me that he will be a top level NHL talent. Parise had more points in the A Pool at the WJC than Kastitsyn did in the B Pool.

Old
03-29-2004, 08:11 PM
tnq

Parise could not better than Koivu or Ribeiro

Old
03-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Cloudigger

Quote:
Averaging 1.5 points per season in his first two NCAA years and leading the U.S. WJC team in scoring (as well as winning the MVP Award) two years in a row is proof enough for me that he will be a top level NHL talent. Parise had more points in the A Pool at the WJC than Kastitsyn did in the B Pool.
In all honesty a lot of WJC "star" havent done much in the NHL...

Old
03-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3DZ3P
Yeah the MVP of the WJC is majorly overrated

Old
03-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Habs4Life

Plain and simple Parise has the potential to be a star in this league!

Old
03-29-2004, 09:55 PM
L3DZ3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey
Yeah the MVP of the WJC is majorly overrated
Actually im pretty sure everyone here will agree with me that Montoya deserved it way more than Parisé.Anyway i don't want to start a war on prospect but just don't come here and poop on our prospects please.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Corey

Parise may have more offensive potential than Chris Higgins, for example, but I doubt whether he will prove to be a better all around player. As for Kastsitsyn, He's still a riddle to me. I have no way of comparing him with anyone.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:00 PM
skoivu

Parise shoulda went higher then he did. I remerb watching the draft and like they were saying 5 picks be4 he got picked that he would be the next pick. they couldnt believe no one was drafting him

Old
03-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 1000
Is Parise eligible to play with the Devils this season?

Old
03-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Of course. If one dominates in the NCAA (stat-wise), they will certainly dominate in the NHL.

db23's logic is impressive. I have to wonder if he's ever seen Kastitsyn play. In fact, I have to wonder if db23 has ever seen any of these players play outside of the WJC.

Old
03-30-2004, 12:15 AM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8

db23's logic is impressive.
Thanks Mike. Nice to be appreciated. Parise has been a top scorer at every level. No reason to presume that he won't do the same in the NHL. That Belarussian with the bad teeth and the ridiculous suit, on the other hand, has not produced at the top level. Not even on team that plays three or four players younger than he is. Either Kastitsyn has had an off year or you can kiss that pick goodbye.

It is one thing to blow a pick, but when it means passing over players like Parise, Dustin Brown, etc. then the people responsible should have to pay the price. Send Savard so far into the backwoods of rural Quebec than he can never screw up anything else remotely connected with the team again.

Old
03-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Send Savard so far into the backwoods of rural Quebec than he can never screw up anything else remotely connected with the team again.
Too bad we can't have signatures on this board, cause I just found one of the best quotes on this board.... EVER!

Wow, I love you... You really don't talk through your ass. What I really enjoy is the fact that before enlightening us with your wisdom, you take your time to ponder if you really know the subject on which you're ranting.

Thank you Oh Mighty One!

---

Grow a freaking brain... AS rebuilded this team from scratch and (NEWS FLASH!) he made us the #1 organisation as far as prospects are concerned.

Once again...

Old
03-30-2004, 12:34 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Thanks Mike. Nice to be appreciated. Parise has been a top scorer at every level. No reason to presume that he won't do the same in the NHL. That Belarussian with the bad teeth and the ridiculous suit, on the other hand, has not produced at the top level. Not even on team that plays three or four players younger than he is. Either Kastitsyn has had an off year or you can kiss that pick goodbye.

It is one thing to blow a pick, but when it means passing over players like Parise, Dustin Brown, etc. then the people responsible should have to pay the price. Send Savard so far into the backwoods of rural Quebec than he can never screw up anything else remotely connected with the team again.
Thinking a player will be a top scorer in the NHL because they have been a top scorer at every level they've played at (NCAA and under) is flawed logic.

Presuming a player will not produce at the NHL level because they have failed to do so on a top team in the RSL is terribly flawed logic.

You have yet to bring any substance to any of your posts on these boards in your short time (under this alias) here. If you're going to make bold statements claiming a player was a bad draft pick then you need to present some objective commentary on said player's game. Stats don't count; they're irrelevant, especially when comparing NCAA to the RSL.

Closed Thread