HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roenick retiring Thursday!!

Old
08-04-2009, 02:10 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
Always was one of my favorites as well. Sad to see him go, but congratulations on a great career, it's a real shame he didn't get a chance to win the cup.
He had a chance, but the Flyers lost in the finals.

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
DanyHeatleyfnAllstar
French Coach!

Modano lives to play another day.

DanyHeatleyfnAllstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
druncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Worst 500th goal...EVER!!!

I've had many Sundin vs JR debates with Flyer fans and his 500th compared to Sundin's record breaking assist kind of summed up the two players.

Sundin was awarded an assist that would have broken the team record but he knew he didn't deserve the assist so he skated over to the ref and had them nullify it. Conversely, Roenick scores a goal on something he doesn't even shoot on net and runs around celebrating like he's won the Cup. Now I realize he couldn't nullify it like Mats did but the celebration? Come on JR.

Then you have Mats' 500th. A shorthanded, hat trick goal in overtime.
JR wasn't celebrating that goal, he was celebrating the fact that he had scored 500 of them, something not very many people have done. no, he didn't wait until the most intense situation like mats to get there, but anyone that reaches a milestone like that can celebrate however they want, as long as it's tasteful. giving your kid a piggy-back ride seems pretty tasteful to me.

druncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:29 PM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

Nah... he's not done. I predict a Neidermeyer. We'll see JR on the Sharks squad by the Playoffs for sure. It just makes too much sense.

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Ender

Send a message via AIM to Ender Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
I had a feeling he's go, but it sucks to see it starting to become official. His two years in San Jose were fantastic, absolutely sucks to see him retire without getting a cup on our team of chokers.

Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
PolarBear1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Sad to see him go. He was a bit of an idiot and incredibly arrogant but he was damn entertaining to watch.

Too bad for we Kings fans that his little pre-season boogie was about the only thing he did to keep "in shape" while he was mailing it in here in Los Angeles.

******* slug!

And I used to like him too!

PolarBear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:07 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bridge View Post
Huh, why bring it all up then?
Because when I think Roenick, things like his 500th goal are what I think of. It epitomizes him for me. And then it brings back memories of many long discussions with Flyer fans. Too bad really because he was a guy whose game I liked but just an impossible person to like personality wise (for me anyhow).

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:09 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by druncan View Post
JR wasn't celebrating that goal, he was celebrating the fact that he had scored 500 of them, something not very many people have done. no, he didn't wait until the most intense situation like mats to get there, but anyone that reaches a milestone like that can celebrate however they want, as long as it's tasteful. giving your kid a piggy-back ride seems pretty tasteful to me.
Whatever you say.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
hockeycore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Patrick Roy will miss his retirement speech. His Stanley Cup rings will be plugging his ears.
That's alright, Roy's aura of extreme self importance will still be very much present.

hockeycore is offline   Reply With Quote