HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roenick retiring Thursday!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-04-2009, 02:10 PM
  #51
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow
 
DrFeelgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Redwood City, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
Always was one of my favorites as well. Sad to see him go, but congratulations on a great career, it's a real shame he didn't get a chance to win the cup.
He had a chance, but the Flyers lost in the finals.

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
  #52
DanyHeatleyfnAllstar
French Coach!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgry
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Modano lives to play another day.

DanyHeatleyfnAllstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
  #53
druncan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: the city
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Worst 500th goal...EVER!!!

I've had many Sundin vs JR debates with Flyer fans and his 500th compared to Sundin's record breaking assist kind of summed up the two players.

Sundin was awarded an assist that would have broken the team record but he knew he didn't deserve the assist so he skated over to the ref and had them nullify it. Conversely, Roenick scores a goal on something he doesn't even shoot on net and runs around celebrating like he's won the Cup. Now I realize he couldn't nullify it like Mats did but the celebration? Come on JR.

Then you have Mats' 500th. A shorthanded, hat trick goal in overtime.
JR wasn't celebrating that goal, he was celebrating the fact that he had scored 500 of them, something not very many people have done. no, he didn't wait until the most intense situation like mats to get there, but anyone that reaches a milestone like that can celebrate however they want, as long as it's tasteful. giving your kid a piggy-back ride seems pretty tasteful to me.

druncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:29 PM
  #54
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns
 
SCinSJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Rafael, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Nah... he's not done. I predict a Neidermeyer. We'll see JR on the Sharks squad by the Playoffs for sure. It just makes too much sense.

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:42 PM
  #55
Ender
Registered User
 
Ender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: keep it secret...
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,153
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ender Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
I had a feeling he's go, but it sucks to see it starting to become official. His two years in San Jose were fantastic, absolutely sucks to see him retire without getting a cup on our team of chokers.

Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
  #56
PolarBear1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Sad to see him go. He was a bit of an idiot and incredibly arrogant but he was damn entertaining to watch.

Too bad for we Kings fans that his little pre-season boogie was about the only thing he did to keep "in shape" while he was mailing it in here in Los Angeles.

******* slug!

And I used to like him too!

PolarBear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:07 PM
  #57
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bridge View Post
Huh, why bring it all up then?
Because when I think Roenick, things like his 500th goal are what I think of. It epitomizes him for me. And then it brings back memories of many long discussions with Flyer fans. Too bad really because he was a guy whose game I liked but just an impossible person to like personality wise (for me anyhow).

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:09 PM
  #58
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by druncan View Post
JR wasn't celebrating that goal, he was celebrating the fact that he had scored 500 of them, something not very many people have done. no, he didn't wait until the most intense situation like mats to get there, but anyone that reaches a milestone like that can celebrate however they want, as long as it's tasteful. giving your kid a piggy-back ride seems pretty tasteful to me.
Whatever you say.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
  #59
hockeycore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Patrick Roy will miss his retirement speech. His Stanley Cup rings will be plugging his ears.
That's alright, Roy's aura of extreme self importance will still be very much present.

hockeycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.