HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers walk away from Zherdev arbitration ruling (Update: KHL Rumor False)

Old
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Not saying Tyutin should be ashamed, but the Jackets looked like they did not belong in the same league as the Wings. It is one thing to lose, it is another to get beaten the way they did.

A rookie goalie? You mean the rookie who won the Calder and was a finalist for the Vezina? Yeah, I guess he had nothing to do with the GA/G. Just like it was the Rangers stellar D that led to Lundqvist's very impressive numbers the past few seasons. Any team with Tyutin on it's first or second pairing is not going very far.

Actually he had a +/- of 0, along w/ Russell and Klesla... Commodore on the other hand was a -7. Pretty impressive to do considereing they were outscored 18-7 during that series.

It definately wasn't Tyutins fault they lost the series.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:58 PM
NYR Viper

So what is it that you like about this team Hoosier?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
tfong

I can't believe you guys are going to go with Kotalik over Zherdev.

Having been a big fan of Big Z at one point due to his crazy skills, I think he didn't fit into the NYR system (just like Gomez) but I still think that he would've been a better option than Kotalik. If you thought Z was streaky, Kotalik is even more so, except from the inherent primadonna thing going on that Z has.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
You say people get too wrapped up in players personalities and then use Drury's to prove your point of "Drury is boring and not a good player/captain"?
You called me out, good call. I've been bashing Drury non-stop for several months and you're the first one to actually wonder why. I've purposely did that to illustrate the way the board works. People have a burr up their butt about a player and continue to spew crap until the cocophany resonates through every thread. Doesn't matter if the comment are subjective they do not get called out for unsupported assertions about certain players.

You know, I know jack about Drury, I hear he's a nice guy. But you know what, all I care is what he does for 60 X 82. But enough about that.

I was just trying to blow some steam over my frustration with the team's ownership and stewardship. I apologize if I've detracted from your enjoyment of this forum.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:05 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
I find it hilarious that for weeks people have been doing roster/line mock-ups without Zherdev and now its a huge surprise that they let him go...

Plain and simple...he was lazy...he vanished during the playoffs...so they dropped him. I wish they could have traded him...but they didn't so I'm not going to cry over it...especially when Sather has done the things he has done in the last 5 weeks to make this team better...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Zher....oh wait. He's probably a Atlant Ufa fan now.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:09 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
And you do?
And you got I know him from "I defer to you since you seem to know him?"

Old
08-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I can't believe you guys are going to go with Kotalik over Zherdev.

Having been a big fan of Big Z at one point due to his crazy skills, I think he didn't fit into the NYR system (just like Gomez) but I still think that he would've been a better option than Kotalik. If you thought Z was streaky, Kotalik is even more so, except from the inherent primadonna thing going on that Z has.
meh who cares aslong as Kotalik produces............Lisin can be the new Zherdev with fancy dancy moves, lets just hope he does'nt coast

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
And you got I know him from "I defer to you since you seem to know him?"
I was just wondering. I want an autograph collection of my favorite Atlant stars. I have Perezhogin and Radulov. I need the Zherdev one to get a full $20's worth!

Old
08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
At this time some of the young guys on the team, the goalie. I don't place much faith in the pipeline until their in the line-up. History has shown me that a bird in hand beats two in the bush. I'll step back and half-ass follow the team out of habit, I honestly find it hard to root for this bunch Not like anyone would notice..

I feel like the Chicago fans and their love hate relationship with the team and the Wirtz family.

What do you like about this team?

Old
08-04-2009, 04:15 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Get me Tanguay to replace Zherdev's production.

Tanguay-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Higgins-Drury-Kotalik
Avery-Anisimov-Callahan
Brashear-Boyle-Lisin

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
Get me Tanguay to replace Zherdev's production.

Tanguay-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Higgins-Drury-Kotalik
Avery-Anisimov-Callahan
Brashear-Boyle-Lisin
I would rather go after Bert. Tanguay no doubt is a very nice player, but with his two bum shoulders no one knows how we handle next year.

Quote:
At this time some of the young guys on the team, the goalie. I don't place much faith in the pipeline until their in the line-up. History has shown me that a bird in hand beats two in the bush. I'll step back and half-ass follow the team out of habit, I honestly find it hard to root for this bunch Not like anyone would notice..

I feel like the Chicago fans and their love hate relationship with the team and the Wirtz family.

The contracts.

Old
08-04-2009, 04:18 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Tanguay or Sykora to Rangers now? Maybe? Hopefully?

Hopefully not. Haven't checked how much cap we have left but if we can get a forward it better be a C. We have enough wingers...

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:21 PM
darko

Quote:
Oh well, must not have been able to move him, lets see where he ends up.

My guess is Atlanta. It would've been nice to get a draft pick at least for him but oh well, it wasnt to be...

Old
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Z-Bag! Ahaha that's classic. You mind if I steal that one from you?
Use it in good health!

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
All that I was saying is that you needed to relax for a second. You were obviously pretty heated and needed to take a step back. I am not going to run off and follow another team, no. But I dont think I get that heated because I try to find the good in most deals.
You're a smart guy - very composed. I appreciate that you comments are for the most part hockey related. I saw your Drury post regarding his production. As you're from that area I'll take your word for it.

I look back and see how I've hijacked this thread trading barbs with the Zherdev haters and you know what, you're right. What's the point.

Old
08-04-2009, 04:25 PM
bumrusherer

Kinda upset, if I'm honest.

Too much talent to just let go and we dont really have enough of it to let go, IMO. I thought he would be the type to progress once he feels settled but we move on and I wish him the best.

That being said, we still need a couple of pieces in the top 6 if we are to compete with the better teams.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

You havent detracted from my enjoyment of this forum, dont worry. I enjoy readin everyones opinions.

I like the youth and the energy that should be brought this year with this team. I like the constant flow of the younger players but my hope is Sather has some sort of an idea how to form a solid core to move forward with.

Old
08-04-2009, 04:31 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
You're a smart guy - very composed. I appreciate that you comments are for the most part hockey related. I saw your Drury post regarding his production. As you're from that area I'll take your word for it.

I look back and see how I've hijacked this thread trading barbs with the Zherdev haters and you know what, you're right. What's the point.
Yeah, unfortunately some people cant have a conversating but instead must insult. Oh well. We all get that way sometimes where we are frustrated.

Let me just say that I am in no way defending the contract he got from Sather but that he is a pretty good player who people seem to undervalue. I like the mold of this current team with the high-energy and physicality but I think they are missing a few key pieces to be legit contenders but I didnt feel they would be anyways this upcoming season. I am looking long-term.

Old
08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
My guess is Atlanta. It would've been nice to get a draft pick at least for him but oh well, it wasnt to be...
Ehh, it may be a fit if he comes cheaper than what he was already looking for. They already tied up a considerable amount of money in Kubina and Antropov.

Old
08-04-2009, 04:40 PM
darko

Quote:
Ehh, it may be a fit if he comes cheaper than what he was already looking for. They already tied up a considerable amount of money in Kubina and Antropov.

14 mill in cap space. They can give him his 4.5 mill and still have enough to re-sign Kovy...

Dont see him going to Edmonton, no one wants to go there.

Old
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
eco's bones

Players come and players go--we're not talking about an elite player. We're talking about a player with elite skills who needed to play harder to be an elite player but who didn't seem to want to make that extra effort. Not everyone who has those kind of skills does. To some extent you expect your coaching to bring it out--depending on the player and sometimes even on the coaching it doesn't always work that way. Tortorella though as a new coach here and as a successful coach as any Stanley Cup winning coach can claim to be deserves to have as much of his thumbprint on this team as his GM can give him. How it works out in the long run is a matter of waiting and seeing.

Like it or not you cannot dismiss the playoff performance--NHL players make their name in the playoffs much more so than in the regular season. If a player is going to be a leader on his team--he has to be a leader in the playoffs. With or without Zherdev this season, with or without Drury, Redden or Rozsival or any combination of them for that matter I don't see this team really contending (as in getting in the final 4 teams) this year. We are still in the process of building towards something and it may be that the Grachev's, Anisimov's, MDZ's, Sanguinetti's etc. will be the guys who one day get us there along with Staal, Dubi, Callahan, Lundqvist and other vets who by that time might be in their prime. One way or another this was probably going to be Zherdev's last season with this team if they had decided to keep him--and if you think like I do that we're still some ways away--it doesn't really matter that he's gone to be replaced by someone else because he would be due to be replaced sooner or later anyway.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
14 mill in cap space. They can give him his 4.5 mill and still have enough to re-sign Kovy...

Dont see him going to Edmonton, no one wants to go there.
Its just a lot of money for a team with a self-imposed cap.

Old
08-04-2009, 04:58 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
And a team with Dan Girardi/Michal Rozsival/Wade Redden/Rookie D/Rookie D on the top pairing is going to win the Cup?

Which of our defenseman other than Staal is better than Tyutin right now?
When did I say the Rangers would win the Cup? Roszival, and Girardi are both better than Tyutin. Put Tyutin on this team, and they are maybe a point or two better in the standings and barring 4 ridiculous games from Lundqvist, they are still out in the first round.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

The level of misunderstanding of where we are, cap wise, in this thread is appalling. Unless we made another move, we could not have afforded Zherdev so how does the $3.9m we're not spending there become free to spend elsewhere? With a spare forward and a spare D, the Rangers have under $1m in Cap space with Voros and Gilroy on the roster. I've said this repeatedly. They aren't going into October without the space to have Gilroy on the team provided he has a good camp. Effectively, because you can send Voros down, they have maybe $2m to spend if they really wanted to. You aren't getting Tanguay or any other top-6 forward for $2m on the open market.

We can add a bottom 2 veteran defenseman, that's about it.

I would've liked to see some return for Zherdev, but this outcome falls right into the way I've been looking at the team for over a month. Neither happy nor disappointed.

Last edited by Tawnos: 08-04-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote