HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nylander: "Boudreau said I'm not good enough"

Old
08-04-2009, 01:32 PM
AO

vCash: 500
Nylander: "Boudreau said I'm not good enough"

Bombshell originally from swedish newspaper, translated and posted on jasper's rink:

http://www.japersrink.com/2009/8/3/9...old-me-i-wasnt

I found this on the caps official board, where the "fans" regularly tear him to pieces. Green is berated all the time for being too good offensively and not being better than bobby orr on defense. Semin constantly attacked for dreamt up "stupid" penalties or phantom work ethic problems. Who cares he gets well in excess of a point per game and takes over some games for peanuts compared to lesser players' higher salaries, that isn't relevant. Needless to say I don't post there, only check in for a laugh.

http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/ind...howtopic=89404

People forget it was considered a coup to get him at the time because he was one of the top centers on the market, whether or not we really needed him. I agree nylander is not right for this team and was a questionable signing, particularly in hindsight, but he isn't the worst player of all time.

That might be shultz...and even then it's the gm's and coaches fault for playing and even resigning a career echler because of emotional ties (he is not the only similar example). Now it comes out that they've completely burned the bridge with an unmovable player? Not smart.

Nylander needs to sign with Jagr's Khl team if he wants to play at all because if he wasn't sure whether he would then he ought to know now.

AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Rickety Cricket

I'll give Michael a hug

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 01:37 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO View Post
Bombshell originally from swedish newspaper, translated and posted on jasper's rink:

http://www.japersrink.com/2009/8/3/9...old-me-i-wasnt

I found this on the caps official board, where the "fans" regularly tear him to pieces. Green is berated all the time for being too good offensively and not being better than bobby orr on defense. Semin constantly attacked for dreamt up "stupid" penalties or phantom work ethic problems. Who cares he gets well in excess of a point per game and takes over some games for peanuts compared to lesser players' higher salaries, that isn't relevant. Needless to say I don't post there, only check in for a laugh.

http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/ind...howtopic=89404

People forget it was considered a coup to get him at the time because he was one of the top centers on the market, whether or not we really needed him. I agree nylander is not right for this team and was a questionable signing, particularly in hindsight, but he isn't the worst player of all time.

That might be shultz...and even then it's the gm's and coaches fault for playing and even resigning a career echler because of emotional ties (he is not the only similar example). Now it comes out that they've completely burned the bridge with an unmovable player? Not smart.

Nylander needs to sign with Jagr's Khl team if he wants to play at all because if he wasn't sure whether he would then he ought to know now.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=669184

But your ravings are still entertaining.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Richter35

i'll give you redden for nylander

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Kazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
i'll give you redden for nylander
That would be like gouging both of your eyes out after stepping on a nail.

Nylander has a painful contract but Redden's contract makes Nylander's contract look good all of a sudden.

Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:21 PM
MCI Center

Sounds about right. While he was at it, Boudreau should have kicked the **** out of him, maybe that would wake him up.

MCI Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Tree444

Quite glad at this point that his wife stopped him from coming to edmonton...

Tree444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:29 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Best line ever.

Boudreau is a *****, go Nylander!!!

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Awe, poor little fella. That's just mean. Someone should tell Boudreau that he looks like a three hundred pound baby. See how he likes being insulted.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Redden Hogalot*

He's wishing he was in Edmonton now.

Redden Hogalot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Tuggy

Truth hurts.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Golden Road View Post
He's wishing he was in Edmonton now.
That shows how desperate he is

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:03 PM
marty20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO View Post
Agreed, Straka's back there somewhere too, it's time for Michael Nylander to get a big KHL payday and run.

marty20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:05 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

maybe he can go play on a team in Europe with Sykora and they can both share whining/*****ing stories about how the coach doesnt like them

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty20 View Post
, it's time for Michael Nylander to get a big KHL payday and run.
why? he is getting his big payday doing nothing in the NHL.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:08 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

As long as you can work out the cap numbers, I'd take a chance on him in Buffalo. I think I proposed a deal involving Hecht a few months ago. Two players that need a change of scenary.

If I remember correctly, the problem was that Nyds has 2 years remaining, and Hecht 3, and Wash fans said Nyds was/could be bought out after this year. But we thought they'd both help a weakness on the opposing team.

There were a few others in the deal to offset cap issues.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Esa 10

In retrospect, Nylander to Washington was a horrible move for the Caps, Rangers, but most of all, Michael Nylander. Should've taken Sather's lesser offer. The contract was all but done and then Michael fired his agent.

Esa 10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:33 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
In retrospect, Nylander to Washington was a horrible move for the Caps, Rangers, but most of all, Michael Nylander. Should've taken Sather's lesser offer. The contract was all but done and then Michael fired his agent.
The thing is, it wasn't bad at first, at all. It probably would have worked out decently even with the coaching change if he hadn't been injured that season and Fedorov hadn't been brought in to replace him. Rotten luck all around.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Yep, Rangers would have been a different team.

Jagr would have been around for at least last year. Gomez, Drury, or both wouldn't have been signed. They would have acquired different players and Tom Renney may possibly have still been coach.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:53 PM
BIG

Quote:
And hired Mike Gillis.

BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:59 PM
txpd

I think people forget that Nylander was a point per game player before the shoulder injury removed him from the lineup and the Caps chance to make the playoffs created the need for the deadline trade for Fedorov.

The bottom line is that Nylander was in effect hired as a point guard for a half court offense style team that changed coaches to a run and gun style offense. The Caps would never have signed Nylander had Boudreau already been the coach.

However, forgotten in this is that Backstrom's emergence as an impact center was a direct result of Nylander being on the team to help him get started and then getting injuried to open up the ice time and need for Backstrom to play first line/first pp unit time.

My take is that another team with a better offensive fit were to take Nylander, he would earn his money.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Awe, poor little fella. That's just mean. Someone should tell Boudreau that he looks like a three hundred pound baby. See how he likes being insulted.
Top notch my friend, top notch.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Crossovert*

Boudreau is an idiot

Crossovert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:36 PM
free0717

Washington should just buy him out. Let the guy go to Omsk and play with Jags

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
I think people forget that Nylander was a point per game player before the shoulder injury removed him from the lineup and the Caps chance to make the playoffs created the need for the deadline trade for Fedorov.

The bottom line is that Nylander was in effect hired as a point guard for a half court offense style team that changed coaches to a run and gun style offense. The Caps would never have signed Nylander had Boudreau already been the coach.

However, forgotten in this is that Backstrom's emergence as an impact center was a direct result of Nylander being on the team to help him get started and then getting injuried to open up the ice time and need for Backstrom to play first line/first pp unit time.

My take is that another team with a better offensive fit were to take Nylander, he would earn his money.
That's a great description of what transpired. I LOVED Nyls in NY, but he fits Torts' offensive scheme as little as he does Boudreau's.

Esa 10 is online now   Reply With Quote