HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Steve Ott VS Milan Lucic

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your team?
Steve Ott 17 10.43%
Milan Lucic 146 89.57%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-04-2009, 02:10 PM
  #1
SenatorArmy*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 1568
Send a message via MSN to SenatorArmy* Send a message via Yahoo to SenatorArmy*
Steve Ott VS Milan Lucic

Who would you rather have on your team?

SenatorArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:29 PM
  #2
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah
 
CamDegs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UMass
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
This will be decisive

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:03 PM
  #3
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,235
vCash: 500
There is one vote for Ott... I already know who it is.


This is going to one of the most lopsided polls ever.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:04 PM
  #4
ace111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Riverview
Country: Canada
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
I'm a Leafs fan and voted for Lucic. I got to watch him at the Memorial Cup back in 06 in Moncton and he was a BEAST then.

ace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:06 PM
  #5
ScottyDoesntKnow
 
ScottyDoesntKnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
There is one vote for Ott... I already know who it is.
Mike Komisarek ?

ScottyDoesntKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:10 PM
  #6
The Main Event
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
The winner of this CLEARLY should be Ott. I'm not sure what people find funny about this, because the man is obviously one of the best players in the game today, if not the best.

Ott = 2009/2010 Hart Trophy Winner

You heard it here first folks.

The Main Event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:13 PM
  #7
TimeZone
Euro talent
 
TimeZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,864
vCash: 500
Steve Ott...pretty easily. He's just the more talented player plain and simple.

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:24 PM
  #8
Dominic Roussel
Adios HF
 
Dominic Roussel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ATX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 970
I'd rather have Ott on the team simply because he fills a need. Were this a fantasy draft and building the team from scratch I might take Lucic, but there are a number of players I would take instead of either of them. However, for the team the Stars have built right now, Ott is a better fit, just as Lucic is a better fit for Boston.

Ott will never make big money, so worrying his affect on the cap shouldn't be an issue. He's a damn good guy off the ice especially so he's great with fan interaction and community services. He's a great leader, and is capable of elevating his game when needed.

Also, he pisses everyone off so easy.

I mean, look at this poll. The only reason is was even created was so someone could feel better about other people sharing their opinion as opposed to a differing one. You can't compare these two players, they're completely different types of players, playing on teams with completely different styles.

I've provided reasoning for why I'd have him on my team, and none of my reasons are thrown out there attempting to say that Lucic is missing any of those qualities, but are simply the qualities that Ott has that makes him favorable.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:33 PM
  #9
SenatorArmy*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 1568
Send a message via MSN to SenatorArmy* Send a message via Yahoo to SenatorArmy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi4Vezina View Post
Mike Komisarek ?
Either that, or Steve Ott

SenatorArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 03:36 PM
  #10
SenatorArmy*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 1568
Send a message via MSN to SenatorArmy* Send a message via Yahoo to SenatorArmy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeShizzle View Post
I'd rather have Ott on the team simply because he fills a need. Were this a fantasy draft and building the team from scratch I might take Lucic, but there are a number of players I would take instead of either of them. However, for the team the Stars have built right now, Ott is a better fit, just as Lucic is a better fit for Boston.

Ott will never make big money, so worrying his affect on the cap shouldn't be an issue. He's a damn good guy off the ice especially so he's great with fan interaction and community services. He's a great leader, and is capable of elevating his game when needed.

Also, he pisses everyone off so easy.

I mean, look at this poll. The only reason is was even created was so someone could feel better about other people sharing their opinion as opposed to a differing one. You can't compare these two players, they're completely different types of players, playing on teams with completely different styles.

I've provided reasoning for why I'd have him on my team, and none of my reasons are thrown out there attempting to say that Lucic is missing any of those qualities, but are simply the qualities that Ott has that makes him favorable.
That's where you're wrong. if Ott puts up numbers this year that are similiar to the numbers he put up last year, you can bet he'll be in for a HUGE raise.

SenatorArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
  #11
Dominic Roussel
Adios HF
 
Dominic Roussel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ATX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorArmy View Post
That's where you're wrong. if Ott puts up numbers this year that are similiar to the numbers he put up last year, you can bet he'll be in for a HUGE raise.
I seriously doubt he will though. The only reason he did last season was because of a rash of injuries that put him on the top line with Eriksson and Ribeiro. Now if he was given a chance there, which I believe he earned last season, and ended up producing to warrant being paid well, then I would have no qualms about it.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:10 PM
  #12
Kosikarzzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi4Vezina View Post
Mike Komisarek ?
Good one! Voting Lucic.

Bit of a homer vote I sappose but I think Lucic is more unique than a guy like Ott. I like Ott though.

Kosikarzzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:37 PM
  #13
SenatorArmy*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 1568
Send a message via MSN to SenatorArmy* Send a message via Yahoo to SenatorArmy*
Is this a joke?

SenatorArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:01 PM
  #14
State of Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 11,409
vCash: 500
Only because of a certain player's hype is this so lopsided. In reality, this should be a very even poll. I'll go with the numbers. I'll take Ott.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:05 PM
  #15
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe
 
Ryan Van Horne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
Ott's numbers last year are a career year. Using those to argue you'd rather have him than a not-finished-developing Lucic isn't very wise, IMO.

Habs fan (albeit wavering) voting for Lucic.

OP really Ott to know better.

Ryan Van Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:19 PM
  #16
SenatorArmy*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 1568
Send a message via MSN to SenatorArmy* Send a message via Yahoo to SenatorArmy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Only because of a certain player's hype is this so lopsided. In reality, this should be a very even poll. I'll go with the numbers. I'll take Ott.
That's not a very wise choice. Ott is 26 & all of a sudden he puts up a career year because of a bunch of injuries gives him a chance to play on the TOP LINE. Lucic put up similar numbers playing on the THIRD LINE. Lucic is far & away the better player & Lucic is doing it at 6 years younger than Ott. Look at the kind of numbers Ott was putting up when he was Lucic's age. You can bet if Lucic was playing on Boston's top line he would put up some majorly inflated numbers as well. but the fact that Lucic is putting up the same kind of numbers as Ott is, playing on the 3rd line, while Ott is playing on the 1st line should be pretty telling.

SenatorArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 07:21 PM
  #17
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
I have to go with Lucic but I don't think it's a far and away, 100% clear decision. If we remove age from the equation, it's pretty close to me.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
  #18
State of Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 11,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorArmy View Post
That's not a very wise choice. Ott is 26 & all of a sudden he puts up a career year because of a bunch of injuries gives him a chance to play on the TOP LINE. Lucic put up similar numbers playing on the THIRD LINE. Lucic is far & away the better player & Lucic is doing it at 6 years younger than Ott. Look at the kind of numbers Ott was putting up when he was Lucic's age. You can bet if Lucic was playing on Boston's top line he would put up some majorly inflated numbers as well. but the fact that Lucic is putting up the same kind of numbers as Ott is, playing on the 3rd line, while Ott is playing on the 1st line should be pretty telling.
Oh my! It's not wise to choose a player just entering his prime versus a player that's 21!!! Oh noes!

Milan Lucic didn't get a chance on top lines? Come on. Lucic's numbers were made because of him playing on the top two lines! Did you ever watch Boston play? If Lucic hit the scoresheet, it was commonly with Savard, Krejci, Sturm, Ryder, or Kessel at his side. Look it up. Take Lucic away from top offensive players, and he becomes average, just like Ott. That was evidenced by his second half fall-off. Face the facts. Last year Steve Ott was at worst an equal player. He played on an imploding team with usually weaker linemates, and yet he was a pesky force that was always noticeable. He had a consistent season. Every game Steve Ott was one of the most noticeable players for Dallas. He scored more goals and points playing in fewer games than Lucic. The only disadvantage Ott has in numbers is that he played more per game.

Steve Ott was drafted in the first round. His road to his prime has been slower, but don't forget that he was never a no-name in terms of potential. There's no evidence to say that Ott has hit his peak and Lucic hasn't. The facts show that BOTH appear to be on the upward track. Right now Ott has the slight edge in my view, and I easily dislike him more. So I'll take him.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
  #19
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorArmy View Post
That's not a very wise choice. Ott is 26 & all of a sudden he puts up a career year because of a bunch of injuries gives him a chance to play on the TOP LINE. Lucic put up similar numbers playing on the THIRD LINE. Lucic is far & away the better player & Lucic is doing it at 6 years younger than Ott. Look at the kind of numbers Ott was putting up when he was Lucic's age. You can bet if Lucic was playing on Boston's top line he would put up some majorly inflated numbers as well. but the fact that Lucic is putting up the same kind of numbers as Ott is, playing on the 3rd line, while Ott is playing on the 1st line should be pretty telling.
I voted for Lucic, and he did spend a lot of time on the top line. I just would rather have Lucic, I think he is a different kind of player than Ott and I have much more respect for his game than I do for Ott's. Not saying Ott is not a good player, because he is.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 09:42 PM
  #20
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Steve Ott no question

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
  #21
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Oh whoops I voted before I read the question I assumed it would be who would win in a fight so I voted Ott. I would probably go Lucic, however it should be noted that Ott actually put up more points than Lucic last season- however, I imagine Ott won't go much beyond this recent point total while Lucic is expected to go further.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 10:15 PM
  #22
SenatorArmy*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 1568
Send a message via MSN to SenatorArmy* Send a message via Yahoo to SenatorArmy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Oh whoops I voted before I read the question I assumed it would be who would win in a fight so I voted Ott. I would probably go Lucic, however it should be noted that Ott actually put up more points than Lucic last season- however, I imagine Ott won't go much beyond this recent point total while Lucic is expected to go further.
Pretty sure Ott would get smoked in a fight also

SenatorArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 06:24 AM
  #23
nilssont
Registered User
 
nilssont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Sweden
Posts: 712
vCash: 500
Wtf?

nilssont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 09:52 AM
  #24
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,054
vCash: 500
Is this serious? Lucic without a second thought. Wouldn't want a chicken **** like Ott on my team.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 09:56 AM
  #25
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Oh whoops I voted before I read the question I assumed it would be who would win in a fight so I voted Ott. I would probably go Lucic, however it should be noted that Ott actually put up more points than Lucic last season- however, I imagine Ott won't go much beyond this recent point total while Lucic is expected to go further.
Ott: 6 years in the NHL
Lucic: 2 years in the NHL

I'll bet that Lucic puts up more points this season.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.