HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[UPD] Marleau-Heatley speculation, etc.; 3-way trade debunked 9/10

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
5H4RK5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
They get reliant on the PP during the year when the calls come more often and the defenses aren't as tight. A team has to work to score 5on5. When the playoffs come around, it doesn't work so well and the effort level isn't practiced.

As much as McLellan wanted them to go for the throat last year, they really didn't learn how to do it.
I hope a lot of our guys step up and score from many different areas on the ice so the D can't pencil in this guy as a 1/4 qtr ice scorer. You want the D to be insecure and worry about where our pts are coming from every time.

Last edited by 5H4RK5: 08-06-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
What was the cap hit on Hossa-Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Lidstrom-Rafalski?
$30.25M. The only reason it's less is because of Zetterberg's criminally low salary last year.

However, it'll be $30.2M this year with Franzen in the place of Hossa. Neat!

Old
08-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Pinkfloyd

Trading for Dany Heatley will cost Doug Wilson his job. That is my prediction for this whole ordeal.

Old
08-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

So, on HBuzz they say that Dany will be a Shark within the next two days ... So I guess this means the next two months.

Old
08-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
So, on HBuzz they say that Dany will be a Shark within the next two days ... So I guess this means the next two months.
That's an "old" rumor posted on the ottawa rumor site and then refuted by Pollak, I think.

Old
08-06-2009, 12:17 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://blog.canoe.ca/offtheposts/200...ton_hey_dany_1
Quote:
Here's a thought: If Bill Clinton can get two North American journalists out of a North Korean prison and sweet talk loopy Kim Jong Il, surely he can get Dany Heatley out of Ottawa. Worth a try?

Old
08-06-2009, 12:26 AM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Honestly the only reason the sharks should need to sign zherdev is if the sharks made a multi player deal to acquire an impact forward that shakes up the lineup. While i think zherdev is getting a bad rap from the rangers because torterella didnt like him. Zherdev actually surprised me with the way he wasnt afraid of contact and hit players. Rangers made the playoffs in large part due to zherdev, dubinsky and voros having a hell of an october last year. Sure his playoff was nothing to write home about who else was good torterella became head coach and a couple games later zherdev was loafing on a backcheck that allowed the canes to score. Torterella ripped him and zherdev wasnt the same. Under tom renney zherdev was really good but at this point in his young career consistency isnt there yet. Personally i hate seeing zherdev let walk because replacing zherdev with kotalik is not a good move

Trading for heatley would be the move i find the most intriguing. Sharks are up against the cap with most of their top forwards signed. I think if the sharks could trade a scoring forward and a defensman they could possibly land heatley and open some cap space at the same time which would allow them to easier fill the lower lines with players who can help on the pk and keep a veteran presence.

Kessel is out of the question because the sharks and bruins just dont have the cap space or pieces needed to make it happen.

Old
08-06-2009, 12:37 AM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
I posted this in a thread in the trade board, but it's something I want folks to think about when they are advocating moving players:
----------------
* Vlasic has only been the in the league for 3 years.
* Ehrhoff has been in 4.5 seasons.
* Murray has played 2 full seasons, and 2 half seasons before that (and didn't play in the playoffs for either of those 2 half seasons).
* Pavelski has been in the league for 2.5 seasons.
* Setoguchi has been in the league for 1.5 seasons.
* Clowe has played less than 2 full seasons in the league, spread out over 4 years.
* Michalek has been in the league for 4 years.
* Mitchell has been in the league for 1 season.
* McGinn has been in the league less than 1 full season.

The only guys on that list who are even 25 or older are Clowe (26), Pavelski (25), Ehrhoff (27), and Murray (29). That's 3 of the top-6 D, including 2 of the top 3; 4 of the top 6 forwards; and 2 of the 3 players on the 3rd line; who have all been in the league for 4 years or less. In some cases quite a bit less. The only 3 who have even played in all 4 recent playoff series are Ehrhoff, Clowe and Michalek, who were all rookies when the Sharks recent playoff run started. The fact that the Sharks younger players have performed as well as they have is a testament to the players. But anyone who has been expecting these guys to carry the team to the Cup at this stage in their development is deluded.
I actually agree with this somewhat. While nabby, thornton, marleau have been getting killed and called chokers they arent the guys i was most concerned with. To win a stanley cup you still need scoring spread around. Your top scorer in the finals on average is going to have scored between 13-18 goals which equates to 4 goals a round average if i go with 16 goals. That still leaves a lot of goal scoring to go around. Still at this point clowe, pavelski, michalek need to step their games up in the clutch. Marleaus done a good job in quite a few series scoring goals but once marleaus goals dried up the sharks were a quick out.

Old
08-06-2009, 10:47 AM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

Say what you will about Eklund, but he has this to say:

Quote:
* I am told that all is not well in the deal with the Sharks right now and tensions got extremely high last night into this morning...still waiting to see how this plays out.
I guess Murray didn't like DW's latest lowball. Let's just get it done already!

Old
08-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammsteinGT View Post
If by done you mean Heatley not coming to San Jose, I'm all for it

Old
08-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

I find it entertaining how adamant some of the posters are about their predictions. If there's anything I've learned about hockey, it's that 5 percent of what you think will happen actually does happen.

Doug Wilson cares deeply about our projections.

Old
08-06-2009, 11:43 AM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
If by done you mean Heatley not coming to San Jose, I'm all for it
I'd be down with a Marleau trade first and foremost, followed by his free agent re-signing for cheap 11 months from now.

Old
08-06-2009, 11:58 AM
sjshrky27

Quote:

Thats just EKs way of pumping BS into this because he has no info on this what so ever...

His sources are probably the hotdog vendor and the beer guy at the tank

Last edited by sjshrky27: 08-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old
08-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
Thats just EKs way of pumping BS into this because he has no info on this what so ever...

His sources are probally the hotdog vender and the beer guy at the tank
It's his pull-back from the 48-hour prediction because he realized the Sharks weren't going to do anything to overshadow JR's retirement announcement today.

Old
08-06-2009, 12:05 PM
hockeyball

Maybe DW plans to break someone's knee's before the season starts to put them on LTIR to solve the cap.

"Johnathan, I need to see you in my office, I have some bad news"

Old
08-06-2009, 02:51 PM
matt trick

Have we discussed Prospal at all. He is a pretty decent 2nd liner who has put up some solid PO years.

At 1.5-2 million he would be a good fit. I think that is possible because he has been bought out.

Marleau-Thornton-Setoguchi
Prospal-Pavelski-Clowe
McGinn-Mitchell-Michalek
FA-Nichol-Park
Staubitz

Yes, I checked there is enough money if they deal Cheechoo, Murray, and Luko and replace with Park, Moore, and Joslin.

Old
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Mr Scarface*

Dany Heatley is just fugazy. Fake, in other words. He ain't Real. Well, nobody's fake, even fake people are real, cause they almost always faking, so they real, cause they faking, so that's real, cause they are faking and staying always real. They know they fake, cause they is faking thangs. But Heatley really is just a fugazy.

Does we want fugazy players playing for us? Complaining, wanting money. Think about it.. playing with that small, black puck and getting paid. Millions. While other people are just happy bout this life. They complain, cause they getting paid. Millions.

Wow.

Old
08-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarface View Post
Dany Heatley is just fugazy. Fake, in other words. He ain't Real. Well, nobody's fake, even fake people are real, cause they almost always faking, so they real, cause they faking, so that's real, cause they are faking and staying always real. They know they fake, cause they is faking thangs. But Heatley really is just a fugazy.

Does we want fugazy players playing for us? Complaining, wanting money. Think about it.. playing with that small, black puck and getting paid. Millions. While other people are just happy bout this life. They complain, cause they getting paid. Millions.

Wow.
As long as you aren't talking about Fugazi in that way. If you correlate "Fugazy" with "Fugazi", I will have to go all Ian MacKaye on your &&&&.

Old
08-06-2009, 05:03 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:

I have a feeling it's the other way around. Ottawa might be asking for more than DW's willing to deliver for a locker room liability. Especially if Kessel is still available from Boston.

Old
08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Mr Scarface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
As long as you aren't talking about Fugazi in that way. If you correlate "Fugazy" with "Fugazi", I will have to go all Ian MacKaye on your &&&&.
No I ain't mane.

I just think Heatley is fugazy. And not for us, hopefully not.

Interesting though.... they was really fugazied in nam back in the day.... so this is very interesting, us having JR and Claude as our cong vets last season. Nam... vietcong... fugazi.

Our team might be fugazied next season. And that's bad. We gotta have our cong vets back mane.

Old
08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

I feel like sites such as senschirp.ca and other Ottawa publications are saying Bryan Murray is turning offers down just to increase Heatley's perceived trade value. Hmm. Then again that's a little far fetched.

Old
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
hockeyball

If we trade anything more than:

Michalek/Ehrhoff + Cheechoo/Lukowhich + 1st

for Healtey, I'm going to blow a gasket

if that is the deal, i'll be displeased, but I don't think it will destroy this team. Just cause us a lot of headaches potentially down the roa.d

I am not completely opposed to the idea of bringing in a ringer to scare some life into our players. Nothing makes you work harder than knowing you are expendable.

Old
08-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Le Rosbeef

I think giving up Michalek would be a big mistake...

We should be looking at him as a long term top line partner to Thornton and Setoguchi IMO. Perfect fit.

Old
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post
I think giving up Michalek would be a big mistake...

We should be looking at him as a long term top line partner to Thornton and Setoguchi IMO. Perfect fit.
True, I should have actually put Clowe in there, as I really don't care if he's traded at this point. I guess I was just buying into the BS around here that he won't sign & trade.

Old
08-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
I feel like sites such as senschirp.ca and other Ottawa publications are saying Bryan Murray is turning offers down just to increase Heatley's perceived trade value. Hmm. Then again that's a little far fetched.
I agree. I think he (Senschirp) is filling the blanks with light 'em up comments designed at lifting the price. Some of the insane Senators commentary on there is beyond mere homerism. My favourite quotes in the comments sections (paraphrased):

'' Setoguchi + Cheechoo + Vlasic for Heatley. Not bad. A decent young winger and an ok defenseman would be the price to swallow Cheechoo's contract... ''

As if!

And best of all "I like the Dallas deal - Richards + Neal/Ericsson."

Yeah, good luck with that!

Seriously, Murray can keep his problem if he wants the Earth for a guy who is desperate to leave. Don't overpay Doug - you had the best team in the league last year - we're not miles away from a cup (Well, we're closer than the Sens that's for sure...) - don't overpay for him. If Murray knows as much about our players as the average Senator fan comes across as knowing we'll never get fair value. There are other options!

Closed Thread