HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[UPD] Marleau-Heatley speculation, etc.; 3-way trade debunked 9/10

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2009, 06:46 PM
one2gamble

vCash: 500
some of those guys on senschirp are just out of their mind

Old
08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
D Huang

Send a message via AIM to D Huang
What other options are out there? Gagne from Philly is untouchable, Kovalchuk is untouchable. Not many out there better than what we have now

Old
08-06-2009, 08:19 PM
gonegonegone*

Looks like the Heatley trade won't happen. So what can we do now? My guess is tossing/waiving Cheechoo, signing someone like Moore or Afingoenvov to our third line to play with Mitchell and McGinn, and fielding an untalented 4th line of Ortemeyer, Shelly/Staubitz, and Nichol. I can see us trading off Luko too for a low pick too and bringing up Joslin as our 7th. I really don't know how this team is better than last year, unless all the young players improve by a lot.

Old
08-06-2009, 09:46 PM
SJeasy

Summary of Sharks picks since the issue is coming up.

Next year, the Sharks have their picks for rounds 1, 2 and 3. They have traded away 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Old
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Summary of Sharks picks since the issue is coming up.

Next year, the Sharks have their picks for rounds 1, 2 and 3. They have traded away 4, 5, 6 and 7.
I think we have Buffalo's 2nd, too, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
08-06-2009, 10:10 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks junkie View Post
I think we have Buffalo's 2nd, too, right?
Posted via Mobile Device
http://www.prosportstransactions.com...rades/2010.htm

You are correct. I missed it when counting.

Old
08-06-2009, 11:23 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
I find it entertaining how adamant some of the posters are about their predictions. If there's anything I've learned about hockey, it's that 5 percent of what you think will happen actually does happen.

Doug Wilson cares deeply about our projections.

That hasn't stopped people from semmingly devoted their lives to it, and writing novels

Old
08-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
Looks like the Heatley trade won't happen. So what can we do now? My guess is tossing/waiving Cheechoo, signing someone like Moore or Afingoenvov to our third line to play with Mitchell and McGinn, and fielding an untalented 4th line of Ortemeyer, Shelly/Staubitz, and Nichol. I can see us trading off Luko too for a low pick too and bringing up Joslin as our 7th. I really don't know how this team is better than last year, unless all the young players improve by a lot.
We need to move Cheechoo and Lukowich (or equivalent salary) just to sign the 3 RFA's (Griess, Staubitz, Mitchell), to sign a very cheap replacement for Cheechoo ($1 mil or less), and to have some cap space for injury call-ups. I don't see Moore or Afinoganov coming at that price. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if DW waited until after the season started to both give the internal guys a shot (Vesce, Helminen, etc) and to see if other teams need to dump a cheap salary because a rookie has played a vet out of a roster spot.

Old
08-07-2009, 01:17 AM
StalockSuperfan

maybe we could give ottawa a little more and have them throw in j ruutu.

ehrhoff + cheechoo + michalek for heatley + ruutu + later pick?

no?

Old
08-07-2009, 01:21 AM
sjshrky27

Somebody on the Hockeybuzz chat board mentioned having Cheechoo, Ruutu, and Tootoo on the same line, and how the announcers would die. kinda funny actually.

Old
08-07-2009, 03:55 AM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
Ive said it before but i would absolutely love seeing dominic moore signed. He was a great pker and reuniting moore and ortymeyer would be a dream come true. When those 2 were with the rangers their line was the second best line on the rangers. The line could constantly put pressure on the opposing defenses by cycling the puck. Problem is after breaking out and scoring dominic moore wanted to be paid like a scorer so signing him might be tough.

Old
08-07-2009, 06:32 AM
gonegonegone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadadaimhollaing View Post
Ive said it before but i would absolutely love seeing dominic moore signed. He was a great pker and reuniting moore and ortymeyer would be a dream come true. When those 2 were with the rangers their line was the second best line on the rangers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
I don't see Moore or Afinoganov coming at that price.
Yah that was a pretty good line for NYR, Mitchell could replace Hollweg and that might be a good checking line. Afinoganov is too expensive, but I really don't see why Moore would demand a lot of money, he had a pretty good year last year but I doubt any team will give him more than 2 mil to be on their 2nd line. There's still a lot of forwards out there that haven't been signed after all, and not much cap space left. Also he's been tossed around like a cheap trick so maybe some stability will appeal to him, and playing for a cup contender is definitely a bonus.

So we waive or trade for picks Cheechoo and Lukowich, freeing up 4.6 mil. Mitchell at 1 mil, Griess at .8, .5 for Staubitz, .6 for Ortemeyer, and 1.2 mil for Moore. This still leaves a lil less than .5 too for uh the occasional call up.

Mitchell, Moore, Ortey<- not terribly bad for a checking line
Shelly/Staubitz, Nichol, McGinn <- less than 5 minutes a game

Joslin will be our 7th dman, we can rotate Vesce, McLaren, Helminen, etc for injuries/cap savings as needed (taking out McGinn for instance).

It's not a horrible team to start the season with, and come trade deadline we'll probably trade away Ernhoff I'd imagine, I get the sense that DW has decided he's expendable. Anyway with Seto, Pavs, Clowe, Mich, and Vlassic all with another year under their belt (and hopefully better), our top 6 arguably is better than last year. Blake is going to be worse, and Nabby is progressing downward. All in all, I'd say we are only a lil bit worse than last year, probably not a pres trophy winner, but likely the 2nd seed all the same (we can still beat out Ana for the division). Come playoff time, we'll see I guess, DW will do some trade deadline trade since he's probably going to do jack-all during the off season.

Old
08-07-2009, 10:53 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/arti...e-wants-return

Ottawa deal with Sharks for Heatley falling apart?

Old
08-07-2009, 11:10 AM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post

I dont think it was ever really together but in all honesty, cheech, error and a first meet murrays demands. He just wants gooch or milan and DW wont give them up.

Old
08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post

Ottawa looks really bad right now. Taking offers, denying them, publicly talking about players, and now souring two teams out of the deal.

Old
08-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins

time to walk away dougie..Dont do somethin youll regret..What ever happened to the Patrick Sharp talks?

Old
08-07-2009, 12:25 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundsHansen32 View Post
time to walk away dougie..Dont do somethin youll regret..What ever happened to the Patrick Sharp talks?
Amen, it sounds like this is way more trouble than it's worth. Course, I don't think getting Heatley solves any problems, especially when the team needs depth, not more top-heavy-ness.

Old
08-07-2009, 12:26 PM
hockeyball

The stupid thing is, if he's going to aquire Heatley, it really doesn't matter much who he sends back. Certain people are gone anyway.

For sure:
Cheechoo
Lukowhich

Pretty much sure:
Ehrhoff
One of Michalek/Clowe

So whether he sends them Michalek or Clowe instead of Cheechoo only effects the return we get for the following deal to clear that salary.

If he really want's Heatley, I really don't see an issue switching out Clowe for Heatley. Sure it's too much, but cap and roster wise, it has a very minimal impact whichever way he does it. We'll just get a better prospect/draft pick if they take Cheech and we trade Clowe/Michalek.

Old
08-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

Agreed ... Treat Murray like a used car dealership - walk away and make him come crawling back to you.

Old
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Winky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Ottawa looks really bad right now. Taking offers, denying them, publicly talking about players, and now souring two teams out of the deal.
Seriously. The funniest part of that article to me is that it says Bryan Murray is reportedly looking for a top 6 forward, a 1st, and a ready d-man. Well, that was exactly DW's reported offer, and Murray supposedly declined that.

So either those reports are false, or Murray is being too picky, and reneged on what his initial asking price was.

Old
08-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Crazy Joe Divola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky View Post
Seriously. The funniest part of that article to me is that it says Bryan Murray is reportedly looking for a top 6 forward, a 1st, and a ready d-man. Well, that was exactly DW's reported offer, and Murray supposedly declined that.

So either those reports are false, or Murray is being too picky, and reneged on what his initial asking price was.
I think Ottawa leaking the names of players involved in potential trades with TWO different teams now has got to be pissing off those GM's. DW has said he doesn't mention names in trade talks because he considers it tampering, meanwhile, Murray is leaking names like a sieve within hours of receiving these supposed offers.

Old
08-07-2009, 01:09 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Divola View Post
I think Ottawa leaking the names of players involved in potential trades with TWO different teams now has got to be pissing off those GM's. DW has said he doesn't mention names in trade talks because he considers it tampering, meanwhile, Murray is leaking names like a sieve within hours of receiving these supposed offers.
Or reporters are just making up names, heh.

Old
08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins

patrick sharp!..patrick sharp!

seriously,forget the heater..Doesnt PS potentially make more sense?

Old
08-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Crazy Joe Divola

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Or reporters are just making up names, heh.
A distinct possibility.

Old
08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Lebanezer

Latest from Eklund:

"Donovan McNabb's mother to provide Sharks with Campbell's Chunky Soup before each game. (E5)

Could turn the tides for the Sharks in playoffs... I'll post an update later with flavor information, but my sources say it's Corn Chowder and Chicken and Dumplings"

Closed Thread