HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Chances of Bozak making the team?

Old
08-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsInSeven View Post
I wouldn't jump the gun on penciling Bozak into the NHL lineup. Free agent NCAA signings like Bozak have struggled to be even decent AHL players. Let's see him in the Fall, it's a huge step from NCAA to the AHL, let alone the NHL..
This is in addition to, Bozak rehabbing a major knee injury with ligament damage, that forced him to miss over 1/2 of his last NCAA season to boot, and only play 19 hockey games last season.

Also listed at 165lbs, he is apparently putting on weight and bulking up and that has its own adjustments attached to playing at a new weight.

This is very much a wait and see situation, and likely requiring an exhibition season evaluation process first to determine where he stands and his chances at making the team.

He is going to need to be very impressive indeed, based on his 2-way contract with waiver wire ineligible status to force a vet to the sidelines and out of the line-up. He will not remain on the team unless he is playing/getting significant ATOI, otherwise he will playing on Marlies getting that large TOI/G..

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
This is in addition to, Bozak rehabbing a major knee injury with ligament damage, that forced him to miss over 1/2 of his last NCAA season to boot, and only play 19 hockey games last season.

Also listed at 165lbs, he is apparently putting on weight and bulking up and that has its own adjustments attached to playing at a new weight.

This is very much a wait and see situation, and likely requiring an exhibition season evaluation process first to determine where he stands and his chances at making the team.

He is going to need to be very impressive indeed, based on his 2-way contract with waiver wire ineligible status to force a vet to the sidelines and out of the line-up. He will not remain on the team unless he is playing/getting significant ATOI, otherwise he will playing on Marlies getting that large TOI/G..
Bozak recently said that he weighs 190-195 now.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 06:04 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsInSeven View Post
I wouldn't jump the gun on pencilling Bozak into the NHL lineup. Free agent NCAA signings like Bozak have struggled to be even decent AHL players. Let's see him in the Fall, it's a huge step from NCAA to the AHL, let alone the NHL.
As for Stajan being "inconsistent", I don't see it. He goes through scoring droughts but if there is one thing I'd say about Stajan it's that he gives a consistent effort through most of the season. Still, I agree that Stajan probably isn't the sort of NHL talent that Burke likes.
Good point. I think it was a great pick up by Burke, and several GM's and scouts seem to think the same. I hope he does well, but would be suprised to see him make an impact in his first year in the NHL. Same can be said for Stalberg, Hanson. Good moves none the less.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 06:05 PM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4LIFE View Post
Good point. I think it was a great pick up by Burke, and several GM's and scouts seem to think the same. I hope he does well, but would be suprised to see him make an impact in his first year in the NHL. Same can be said for Stalberg, Hanson. Good moves none the less.
Also many scouts believe he's able to step right in because of his two way ability. Defensively responsible players usually find their way to the NHL first, offensive wizards aside of course

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihlmvp View Post
To start the season...slim.

Grabovski, Mitchell, Stajan, Wallin, Primeau

Then the 9 game tryout potential for Kadri or DiDomenico.

After game 9, different story. He'll play more in NHL than AHL.
I guess Dido will be playing on one leg?

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote