HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dimitri Yuskevich

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Leaf_Crazy

vCash: 500
Dimitri Yuskevich

Why is this guy still available?

Hes 32, a playoff warrior, a proven leader and still has a lot of hockey left in him. Hes realitivly young at 32 years old.... and will do anything for his team.

The reason he hasnt been signed is because his agent requests something like 2-3 million correct?

Old
04-01-2004, 07:54 PM
GD|eNSo

He has fired the agent he was with. People say he is to injured to play, and dosnt have it in him anymore. I think that is just B.S.

He also has a one year contract with a Russian league. Not sure if it has expired yet.

Old
04-01-2004, 08:30 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy

Hes 32, a playoff warrior, a proven leader and still has a lot of hockey left in him. Hes realitivly young at 32 years old.... and will do anything for his team.

The reason he hasnt been signed is because his agent requests something like 2-3 million correct?
I keep thinking the same thing. He was my favorite dman when he was on the Leafs. You want to talk about a player who puts his body on the line to win one for the team. He should have never left the Leafs.

Old
04-01-2004, 08:36 PM
richardn

The Leafs + Dimitri Yuskevich - Aki Berg = Me doing a dance :gman: and the Leafs winning the cup :win

Old
04-02-2004, 07:52 AM
wasting time

he got old really fast. His expectations for the Kasparitis type contract really hurt him too. So he drifted around. Got greedy. Now look at him.

Move on guys. :turkey

Old
04-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
he stil lan nhl calibre player

he can fit in on some team

prob notthe leafs though

Old
04-02-2004, 08:12 AM
LeeIs
M a t s

Quote:
He has a bloodclotting problem. If you remember thats why Quin refused to play him, just incase he drops dead then it would be becuase he played hockey when he's not fit to do so. And hence it would be the TML facing any lawsuits that came out of that situation.

I would advice him to concentrate on his own life.. There are more iimportant things in life than to play hocky, realy.

We don't need him. Specially after what he said about the most honest leaf. ??? How do you forget that?

Old
04-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
wasnt that problemresolved before he playedfor the flyers?

Old
04-02-2004, 01:29 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
wasnt that problemresolved before he playedfor the flyers?

Yes, the blood clot problem is no longer an issue. He injured his shoulder last year in the Leafs series, but I don't believe it was anything that wouldn't have been 100% come October.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:00 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Yes, the blood clot problem is no longer an issue. He injured his shoulder last year in the Leafs series, but I don't believe it was anything that wouldn't have been 100% come October.
He was a major contributor for the Flyers beating the Leafs last year. He played really well. I just don't see why he is not playing in the NHL .

Old
04-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
He was a major contributor for the Flyers beating the Leafs last year. He played really well. I just don't see why he is not playing in the NHL .
I think it's even weirder that Oleg Tverdovsky isn't in the NHL. For all of his problem slast year he still is a better NHL option than 80% of the players on the Minnesota, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Altanta rosters. He still has a lot of upside and has been a great offensive defenseman before. It just makes no sense.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:25 PM
GD|eNSo

Interesting thing is that both players, Tverdovsky and Yushkevich signed with the same clubs in Russia.

If I recall correctly, Leafs and Tverdovsky deal was in the works, but was ditched cause of the Svehla situation.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:42 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by emen|us
Interesting thing is that both players, Tverdovsky and Yushkevich signed with the same clubs in Russia.

If I recall correctly, Leafs and Tverdovsky deal was in the works, but was ditched cause of the Svehla situation.
Robert Svehla, how I wish he had returned. He was mister consistancy. He was by far our best dman last year and still had plenty left for another season. He is going to regret not coming back when he sees the Leafs hoisting the cup with out him. He would have been a good guy to contact at the deadline. Does any one know what Svehla is up to these days.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
Robert Svehla, how I wish he had returned. He was mister consistancy. He was by far our best dman last year and still had plenty left for another season. He is going to regret not coming back when he sees the Leafs hoisting the cup with out him. He would have been a good guy to contact at the deadline. Does any one know what Svehla is up to these days.
He's part of the coaching staff of Ducla Trencin, his Slovakian hockey team.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:15 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
He's part of the coaching staff of Ducla Trencin, his Slovakian hockey team.
Thanks for the info.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Leaf_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs
He has a bloodclotting problem. If you remember thats why Quin refused to play him, just incase he drops dead then it would be becuase he played hockey when he's not fit to do so. And hence it would be the TML facing any lawsuits that came out of that situation.

I would advice him to concentrate on his own life.. There are more iimportant things in life than to play hocky, realy.

We don't need him. Specially after what he said about the most honest leaf. ??? How do you forget that?

ACtually I dont recall what he said about the most "honest Leaf"

Fill me in

Old
04-02-2004, 03:41 PM
BlueBlood17

Quote:
ACtually I dont recall what he said about the most "honest Leaf"

Fill me in
After he was sent to Florida, he made some negative comments about Quinn and the organization.

He said that the only honest person in the organization was Carlton the Bear, and that's only because he never spoke.

Old
04-02-2004, 04:46 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood17
After he was sent to Florida, he made some negative comments about Quinn and the organization.

He said that the only honest person in the organization was Carlton the Bear, and that's only because he never spoke.
Thats a good one :lol Carlton The Bear

Old
04-02-2004, 05:18 PM
OldTimeHockey

Ummmm why doesn't someone sign Jyrki Lumme? Oh wait, I heard Jamie Macoun and Brad Marsh were still looking good. Get them too.

Come on people, get over it.

I'm pretty sure I heard that the Russian team is paying Yushkevich quite handsomly and he get's to play in his home country. I'd choose 2 million to play here in canada as opposed to 3.1 to play in russia, wouldn't you?

Closed Thread