HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rituals or Superstitions

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 09:33 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 500
Rituals or Superstitions

Do you have any. Every year I burn a CD for the car ride home for work, stop at same beer store, buy Molson Canadian, sit in same spot, wear my stanley cup banner as a cape (I'm a loser), I am looking for something new this year as my routine has not been too good lately. I am going to test a few for the Montreal game, see what works. I think we should all ban together and come up with something to do together, I am going to tap the TV 2 times with my right hand before the game, I am scared of flying and always tap the plane twice with my right before i get in, It's worked so far as I am still here ! I am feeling particualrily good this year for some reason, even though we are stinking it up right now , Good vibes, boys!

Old
03-31-2004, 09:41 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Let's see. Always wear the black home jersey no matter how hot it is, it did get hot during the playoffs last year. Always keep a puck in my hand. Kiss it 8 times (Recchi) for good luck.
Always say "Let's go Boys" before the game. CSN has it before the intro rolls as well.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:47 AM
Teezax

Turn of all phones, short circuit the doorbell, Flyers Orange Jersey, bottle of Porto, big ashtray, itchy playoff beard, bedpan :lol oh man...the playoffs are what life is about!

Old
03-31-2004, 09:58 AM
Coburnfan05

Here Goes.

1)I drive the same route home from work and listen to the same radio satation every game day.

2)Take the phone off the hook.

3)Molson Export and wings are a must for me every game day.

4)I can't forget the herbs either.

5)If it is a home game I wear my home jersey, road game road jersey...you get the picture.

6)The poor dog doesn't get taken out for a walk.

7)I alternate between Canadian and US coverage of the games depending on if we are winning or losing.

8)I always have a game of NHL 2004 with the same matchup.

9)I do not move or talke to anyone until the game is over...well I do get up to get more beer.

10)If we play the leafs and win then I call all my buddies just to piss them off and put my Leaf flag with an X through it on my car for the drive in to work. It is amazing how many people will flip you the bird.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:37 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Forgot about the libations. I have whatever beer that I like at the moment. Maybe Bud or Coors because they start to taste like water after a short while. Helps me stay calm during the games.

Old
03-31-2004, 01:50 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
1.Listen to my Bodom,usually these songs in order: Everytime I die,You're better off dead,Little Bloodred Riding hood,Hate me and Triple Corpse hammerblow

2.Throw on my Gagné jeresy

3.Eat Greek food

4.Cuddle my orange care bear

5.Scream so the whole neighborhood can hear me

6.Drink some beer

Old
03-31-2004, 02:56 PM
tytech

I move the couch closer along with the coffee table, turn it up, swear at every mistake, cheer for every player who makes a good play and finally during power play I move form the couch and sit on the coffee table (when they get good position on pp).
A game seven or something where it is close I change the channel on penalty kills. Too nervous!

Old
03-31-2004, 03:04 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
A game seven or something where it is close I change the channel on penalty kills. Too nervous!
Haha, me too, 2 mins is way too long on the PK yet always seems so short on the PP

Old
03-31-2004, 03:46 PM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Haha, me too, 2 mins is way too long on the PK yet always seems so short on the PP
Kissing @ss now I see? Don't start!

Old
03-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Teezax

I wouldn't touch your @ss with a 10 foot pole, let alone kiss it.

Old
03-31-2004, 06:25 PM
donelikedinner

drink dr. pepper
sit in same couch spot (alone of course)
wear fav flyers cap, tshirt
swear and curse regularly
standup to watch 3rd period

Old
03-31-2004, 09:10 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
swear and curse regularly
yeah, im good for that one too--objects are occasionally thrown. My personal favorites are when i threw a box of toothpicks after the leafs scored one of the OT goals last year, and I broke a glass when the Flyers lost one of the Sens games in 2001-02

i start the game in my recliner--if it is bad, i stand up and/or move to another room.

last year i was hooked on dr. pepper---with the new diet i am on, it'll probably be doses upon doses of diet dew code red.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:11 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
move from couch to coffee table to floor as game gets more exciting. wear flyers jersey and flyers blanket. drink soda during each game. doesn't matter what kind. demand silence in the room. if the game gets good, mute TV and listen to radio.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:51 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
yeah, im good for that one too--objects are occasionally thrown. My personal favorites are when i threw a box of toothpicks after the leafs scored one of the OT goals last year, and I broke a glass when the Flyers lost one of the Sens games in 2001-02

i start the game in my recliner--if it is bad, i stand up and/or move to another room.

last year i was hooked on dr. pepper---with the new diet i am on, it'll probably be doses upon doses of diet dew code red.
the wife moved me to diet dr. pepper this year cuz she thought i got too wound up watvhing games on sugar. but i sneak in the real stuff in once and a while too.

Old
03-31-2004, 11:22 PM
RoDu

I had a little tradition going one playoff. Don't remember the year, the first Devil's cup win. I wore my home Lindros jersey, and had the same shirt underneath, and had my soivenir mini plastic flyers stick i got at a Jets game a few years back in hand. Unfortunatly, when in the final game of the series, and the game became out of reach, i shattered the poor stick on the concrete floor. It was my first real Flyers playoff experiance, and I was rather upset.
Now I just wear my old road jersey and orange Flyers cap and chill during playoffs
Somtimes, for whatever reason, I'll have to have the channel on "channel return" on a specific channel as i get superstitous at times over the dumbest things

Old
04-02-2004, 09:42 AM
tytech

Statscan says Duracell and Energizer have record sales in months of April-May in Canada. I wonder how many of us pick up batteries and lock the wife/fiance/girlfriend in the bedroom while we watch our playoffs?

Closed Thread