HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Schneider

Old
08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I think I would still lean towards Bouillon. To me he is the better fit and if there is an injury then make a small deal or call up another young player for a few games.
Bouillon could also play a little forward, which would be perfect under Torts... a guy is in the lineup on the 4th line but really a 7th defenseman in case the rookie dmen aren't playing up to par or if you wanna sit one of those defensemen.

Dare I say it but where is Thomas Pock?

I also was surprised we didn't give Jason Strudwick any consideration early on this offseason.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 01:56 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
You are making a big effort to ignore the fact that there is more than one powerplay unit in all of your posts. Schneider was brought in to Anaheim because they thought Neidermeyer was going to retire. Him and Beauchiman ran the powerplay and they ran it well.

Anyway, just because Schneider is running one powerplay doesn't mean a kid can't run the other. Get used to the idea that Del Zotto is going back to junior, there are too many other prospects further along and the Rangers never rush the youth. And I just don't see a possibility of Gilroy, Potter, Heikenen, Sanguinetti and Sauer filling out the 4 through 7 spots on the roster. 2 of them and Schneider would be great balance.
I am not ignoring it, but when you are on teams that have Niedermeyer, Pronger, and Lidstrom they are out there for most of the PP. So you are saying he is good at running the PP for 30 seconds?

I dont think MDZ is going to make the team either.

I dont want 3 rookies on the team. I would rather go out and get a #7 guy who can play 30-40 games a season and be okay with sitting for long stretches. I dont see Schneider being okay with that because he probably should be playing every night. I like the idea of possibly a 3-man rotation towards the beginning of the season but Schneider I dont think would be okay with that considering he was either a 1st or 2nd pairing d-man on both teams he played on.

I will write down what I would like to see:

Staal-Rozsival
Girardi-Redden
Gilroy-Potter
Bouillon

If there is a long-term injury to a d-man they can either move a young player up if they think they are ready or they can go out and make a deal for someone. Signing Matheiu Schneider just in case someone gets injured I have a feeling isnt something he is looking for in an opportunity in the NHL.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Bouillon could also play a little forward, which would be perfect under Torts... a guy is in the lineup on the 4th line but really a 7th defenseman in case the rookie dmen aren't playing up to par or if you wanna sit one of those defensemen.

Dare I say it but where is Thomas Pock?

I also was surprised we didn't give Jason Strudwick any consideration early on this offseason.
I would have though they would have gone out and tried to sign a 7th d-man as well early in the offseason but I think Struds likes Edmonton and with Renney now there I think he wanted to stay.

Old
08-08-2009, 01:46 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
That is where I saw him the most as well as my roommate is a Habs fan and I watch the games with him quite a bit. Markov is without a doubt their PP QB and the one piece that PP was missing all year was a shooter from the point. They lost Rivet, Souray and Streit in a matter of a few years and no longer had a shooter from the point. Schneider came in and started just ripping the puck from the point off of passes from everyone which opened up room for everyone else.

I think people may be taking what I am saying incorrectly. I like him and he is effective on the PP but I dont think he is THE guy that makes a PP tick. The Rangers have enough complimentary players who will help like Drury, Higgins and Kotalik, what they need is a PP QB on the blue-line. I dont see Schneider bringing that.
You're right...when he was teamed with Markov, he concentrated on shooting. But when Markov got hurt, he stepped up his playmaking. Look, he ain't Leetch in his prime and for that matter he isn't Schneider in his prime either, but at 5th/6th defenseman money, he's a nice, safe addition.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 03:28 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
You're right...when he was teamed with Markov, he concentrated on shooting. But when Markov got hurt, he stepped up his playmaking. Look, he ain't Leetch in his prime and for that matter he isn't Schneider in his prime either, but at 5th/6th defenseman money, he's a nice, safe addition.
I agree that he would be a good addition to pretty much any team at the #5/#6 role but I dont feel the Rangers need a #5 or a #6 d-man. I think they should go for a #7 who would be okay with playing 40 games because of the depth the Rangers have in the system.