HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

How much is my hockey stick worth?

Old
08-06-2009, 07:17 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
How much is my hockey stick worth?

Sorry if it's in the wrong section but i was wondering this for awhile
I've had this stick since i can remember and i've never bothered to check out if it was worth anything(not that i would sell it) but now it's bugging me and i want some opinions on how much it could be worth possibly.

A Signed(but i think all of them had this? maybe)
Pavel Bure Bauer Hockey Stick RED/BLUE colors with Bure's #10 on it.

If it matters i could take a pic of it.

Comments?

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Sorry if it's in the wrong section but i was wondering this for awhile
I've had this stick since i can remember and i've never bothered to check out if it was worth anything(not that i would sell it) but now it's bugging me and i want some opinions on how much it could be worth possibly.

A Signed(but i think all of them had this? maybe)
Pavel Bure Bauer Hockey Stick RED/BLUE colors with Bure's #10 on it.

If it matters i could take a pic of it.

Comments?
Probably about $5.00 for an older (dried out) mass produced wood stick in otherwise good shape.

Obviously more if the signature is real and not just a reproduction.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 08:27 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
It's in good condition if thats what you mean by "dried out"

wouldn't it be worth more since they don't make them anymore?

Old
08-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Is it a real signature or just a laser print thingy? Did Pavel Bure actually sign it?

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
It's in good condition if thats what you mean by "dried out"

wouldn't it be worth more since they don't make them anymore?
Is there a demand for them?

Wood tends to lose resilience over time as it drys out. If it's in good shape it is probably somewhat more brittle than it was when new.

Old
08-06-2009, 09:29 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
Is there a demand for them?

Wood tends to lose resilience over time as it drys out. If it's in good shape it is probably somewhat more brittle than it was when new.
Well last i checked there are hockey fans that liked wood better and i don't know about "Demands" i was refering to people like collectors ,who rather have it for looking more than playing and breaking lol.

I ran a bunch of google searches and checked sites like ebay but didn't find jack s**t AT ALL so i thought i'd try here and see what people value this kind of stuff at.

Old
08-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Well last i checked there are hockey fans that liked wood better and i don't know about "Demands" i was refering to people like collectors ,who rather have it for looking more than playing and breaking lol.

I ran a bunch of google searches and checked sites like ebay but didn't find jack s**t AT ALL so i thought i'd try here and see what people value this kind of stuff at.
Fair enough. It is just my opinion that the "play" utility of the stick, value $5 range, is higher than the "display/take up room in the closet/collector" value of it unless it has an real autograph or some historical significance.

But it only takes one person willing to pay more, so who knows.

Old
08-06-2009, 09:46 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Is it a real signature or just a laser print thingy? Did Pavel Bure actually sign it?

I know i know , camera phones suck

Old
08-06-2009, 10:06 AM
EmptyNetter

The way I see it you have two options for finding out what it's worth. Put it up on ebay and see how much money you can get for it or bring it to a sports memorabilia shop and have the guy behind the counter tell you what it's worth.

From what you've said the Bure signature seems like it was printed on every stick in that line by the manufacturer because he had an endorsement deal with them. That doesn't make it worth anything to a collector. Maybe a guy who always loved using that blade curve might pay a couple of bucks extra but that's about it. Blade curves are named and retired all the time and I've never heard of any of them being collectible. As others have said if Pavel Bure hand signed the stick it might be worth something. It would be worth more if the stick were used by Bure in a game. It's all about supply and demand, so even if that stick is the last mass produced Pavel Bure stick in existence but nobody's looking for it then it's just an old hockey stick and nothing more.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Heat McManus

It was a mass produced stick. There's really no demand for it. Sticks that are that old get dried out unless they've been stored well. This means that it's going to look fine, but chances are that it will snap quickly because the wood fibers have no moisture and will not bend.

Even if it's a real signature, unless it is a game used stick it's not a high demand item. Bure signed almost anything back in the day.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote