Notices

Signees for next year

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Signees for next year

Who should be signed? i guess the CBa makes it tough to get Euros to come over as does the uncertainty with Utah. I imagine Vagner and Crombeen out of major junior. Rosa out of college. possibly Nickerson. Out of the Euros I think Lundqvist makes some sense while Hagos Erikkson and Jokinin likely will stay another year. polak and naurov would do well to play major junior IMO but I doubt that is likely. Our poor drafting in the 2000 2001 is hurting us now hopefully tjarnqvist and Miets can eventually develop.

Old
04-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Dr GLU

Vagner will almost certainly be signed.

Crombeen probably won't since he's still got a year before they have to lock him up.

I'm not sure the Stars will sign Rosa, but I hope they will.

Out of Europe, I really am not expecting much. Lundqvist may have killed off interest with a poor year, and Hagos, Jokinen, and Eriksson would benefit by a year (or more for Eriksson) in the elite leagues there. Naurov and Polak aren't going anywhere. If anyone gets signed from Europe, I think it'll be unexpected guys, like Khomitski and maybe even Teemu Elomo.

And by poor drafting in '00 and '01, I hope you're talking about early drafting (which was pretty poor) because the later round picks were solid.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:31 AM
Dundalis

Why is this Rosa fellow not on the Stars prospect page?

Old
04-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Starsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLUhipfan
Vagner will almost certainly be signed.

Crombeen probably won't since he's still got a year before they have to lock him up.

I'm not sure the Stars will sign Rosa, but I hope they will.

Out of Europe, I really am not expecting much. Lundqvist may have killed off interest with a poor year, and Hagos, Jokinen, and Eriksson would benefit by a year (or more for Eriksson) in the elite leagues there. Naurov and Polak aren't going anywhere. If anyone gets signed from Europe, I think it'll be unexpected guys, like Khomitski and maybe even Teemu Elomo.

And by poor drafting in '00 and '01, I hope you're talking about early drafting (which was pretty poor) because the later round picks were solid.

It seems we have alot of agreement. I guess my biggest issue other than taking so Cash right after taking Ellis is the poor drafting in the 3/4 rounds. Guys like Bernikov, Aquino Chernov tershenko. The latter three smallish plyers who really do not fit the stars system. also 1998 and 1999 stuck as well with guys like Bouck karlson and Ryan never amounting to much.

Old
04-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Dr GLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundalis
Why is this Rosa fellow not on the Stars prospect page?
Because I never had enough information to write a profile on him, and he was an 8th round pick.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Starsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLUhipfan
Because I never had enough information to write a profile on him, and he was an 8th round pick.
Seemingly a nice senoir year though and clearly we lack North American forward prospects

Closed Thread