HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Alex Tanguay's agent: Tampa is one of the teams he has strong interest in....

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2009, 01:09 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
What I should have said, and need to clarify, was a significant downgrade over what has been available through free agency. This has nothing to do with who was on the ****ing roster last year. Listen, if I am wrong, I will be the first one to come in here and say I was wrong, I have no problem admitting that. I also think that the day Prospal was bought out was the day he was handed a spot on the top 6. So time will tell. I just think that you do all this work to improve the team, and you are taking a pretty big gamble here. Let me ask you this, if I am so wrong, why has Lawton always said that he wanted to aquire a top 6 winger? (before Prospal got waived no less) They seem to at least recognize the same thing I do.
The thing is, the way this team is expected to play hockey, I don't think it is a significant downgrade. Tanguay is soft but produces well, Sykora is slow and soft and produces less. Neither one you'll see digging the puck out of the corners or doing anything of that sort. He'll keep both his teammates and the opponent honest, doesn't hesitate to go against anyone to defend people, works his ass off on the PK (which I dont know how good Tangora is on that)... I think hes better than people realize.

Old
08-07-2009, 02:07 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Team is Jealous View Post
Tanguay-Lecavalier-St. Louis
Malone-Stamkos-Downie
Veilleux-Halpern-Tyrell
Fedoruk-Szczechura-Artyukhin

1st line-The French connection that would be hard to stop.
2nd line-Stamkos played well with Malone and Downie and I really think he's in for a big year.
3rd line-Very good defensively and could provide some spark. I really like Tyrell and think that he could be a member of the team when the season starts
4th line- Not really too sure of how things will play out. I really like Szczechura and hope Arty could consistently be a pest to the opposition. Fedoruk could be a part time enforcer as well.

All this to go with a solid D and 2 formidable goalies when healthy.
Your proposed lines sound really good. Malone and Downie w/ Stammer will be great because they'll open up the prime scoring areas for him to such a large extent. Plus, we'll have a really unstoppable first line so there won't be as much scoring pressure on the 2nd line. DO IT!

Old
08-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Team is Jealous View Post
Tanguay-Lecavalier-St. Louis
Malone-Stamkos-Downie

Veilleux-Halpern-Tyrell
Fedoruk-Szczechura-Artyukhin

1st line-The French connection that would be hard to stop.
2nd line-Stamkos played well with Malone and Downie and I really think he's in for a big year.
3rd line-Very good defensively and could provide some spark. I really like Tyrell and think that he could be a member of the team when the season starts
4th line- Not really too sure of how things will play out. I really like Szczechura and hope Arty could consistently be a pest to the opposition. Fedoruk could be a part time enforcer as well.

All this to go with a solid D and 2 formidable goalies when healthy.

PP Lines. The lines are a bit more balanced if you flip around Tanguay and Malone, but that kind of stuff changes almost daily anyway.

Old
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Acehawk74
HFBoards Sponsor

Here's a translated link that works guys - Link

Old
08-07-2009, 07:56 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
When he is here, he has. If you can't tell the difference between AHL Downie and NHL Downie, at least in Tampa, you need to look closer.

How can you say its a significant downgrade when he had Matt Pettinger last year filling in the top six? Are you ****ing kidding me? Who else did we have last year that was better? Tell me, who? I'm tired of this poor "oh hes a grinder and a downgrade" argument when you had **** last year. Hes an upgrade on Pettinger, Arty, the only person he isn't an upgrade on was Recchi, and they have similar playstyle, with Downie being more of a set up man than a shooter like Rex. The kid has produced in his NHL time, works his ass off, will do anything to win, is the kind of guy you want to go to war with. He makes guys that much better by being a bulldog along the wall and allowing someone like Stamkos to just stand there and finish.
Good point Bryan. I'm now convinced Downie should fill a spot on the third line. Although I don't agree with Mike completely, Downie just shouldn't be on the second line on this team. He is a liability every time he steps on the ice soley due to reputation and that isn't going away any time soon. The less ice time he has the less of a chance he can impact the game in a negative way. I love him as a player, don't get me wrong, but he is tagged and I'd be surprised if he saw much time with the big club at all.

Old
08-09-2009, 01:30 PM
bassassin

When is Richards contract up? Is it the end of this season or next?

I just realised because he would be perfect for this team after this season if Tanguay is only a short term fix, solve all problems, experience PPQB top 3 forward, chemistry with Vinny. Admittedly he would have to take a pay cut but if he would sign for something like $5-6 million. And plus it looks odd seeing him on another team.

Old
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
When is Richards contract up? Is it the end of this season or next?

I just realised because he would be perfect for this team after this season if Tanguay is only a short term fix, solve all problems, experience PPQB top 3 forward, chemistry with Vinny. Admittedly he would have to take a pay cut but if he would sign for something like $5-6 million. And plus it looks odd seeing him on another team.
2 years left. He will be 31 at that point, and had a rough year with injuries. Will be interesting to see what type of market there is for him at that point.

08-09-2009, 02:46 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
2 years left. He will be 31 at that point, and had a rough year with injuries. Will be interesting to see what type of market there is for him at that point.
Ok thanks, yeah you can tell it is the offseason as I am thinking that far ahead. But I really would like to see him back.

Old
08-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Pat664422

I think the beauty of signing Tanguay is that it would give us the right mix of forwards. We could do something like:

Tanguay Vinny Malone
Downie Stammer Marty

or

Malone Vinny Marty
Downie Stammer Tanguay

Malone and Downie give each line grit, and some one who will go to corners and the net to create some space for the skaters on those lines. I don't think we'd want to put Tanguay, Vinny and Marty on the same line. Maybe for a power play unit, but not at even strength.

I think Downie deserves a shot at the 2nd line. I don't see why playing on the 2nd line will make him more prone to a mental meltdown than playing on the third line. We could switch him out with Vellieux occasionally on the third line.

Old
08-10-2009, 03:23 PM
CSampson

Where the **** are you Tanguay? SIGN ALREADY!

Old
08-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Bolts9204

I love the idea of Tanguay on this team, but will his shoulders hold up?

Old
08-11-2009, 02:45 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts9204 View Post
I love the idea of Tanguay on this team, but will his shoulders hold up?
Probably but the same question is true with Ranger too and we haven't dumped him yet...

Old
08-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Bolts9204

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
Probably but the same question is true with Ranger too and we haven't dumped him yet...
Would we be comfortable giving Ranger an extension at $3.5 to $4.5 mil per year? Don't get me wrong, I like Tanguay, but we're still paying Denis and now Prospal for nothing. More or less, I was just fishing for something that would boost my confidence that Tanguay isn't going to fall apart on us.

Old
08-11-2009, 04:01 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
And Meszaros and Lecavalier, what is wrong with this team and shoulder injuries?

Looking back on that hit he took from R2 you can see why he was injured though.

Old
08-11-2009, 06:46 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Would we be comfortable giving Ranger an extension at $3.5 to $4.5 mil per year? Don't get me wrong, I like Tanguay, but we're still paying Denis and now Prospal for nothing. More or less, I was just fishing for something that would boost my confidence that Tanguay isn't going to fall apart on us.
Ranger isn't worth that kind of money.

Old
08-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Bolts9204

Quote:
Ranger isn't worth that kind of money.
I know he's not, but we can't afford anymore dead money. Tanguay would already be in the boat somewhere if it weren't for questions about his durability. And giving Ranger fmv is not near the risk of giving Tanguay what his fmv is if it weren't for concerns about his injuries.

Old
08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
ultra63

Rumor Tangauy in talks with TB & MIN

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=671598

Old
08-12-2009, 07:32 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
I know he's not, but we can't afford anymore dead money. Tanguay would already be in the boat somewhere if it weren't for questions about his durability. And giving Ranger fmv is not near the risk of giving Tanguay what his fmv is if it weren't for concerns about his injuries.
Well the things is, whatever they off Tanguay, its most likely going to be short (1-2 years).

Old
08-12-2009, 07:44 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra63 View Post
After reading that thread, if it was even possible, I hope now more then ever that he signs here...
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
08-12-2009, 08:43 AM
odishabs

Tanguay - Lecavilier - Downie
Malone - Stamkos - St.Louis

is that right?

Old
08-12-2009, 09:01 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Tanguay - Lecavilier - Downie
Malone - Stamkos - St.Louis

is that right?
Meh, maybe. Downie fit a lot better with Stamkos so i'd imagine it'd be more like Vinny with Tanguay and Malone, and Marty-Stamkos-Downie.

Old
08-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

I think he would be a good addition to Tampa's line up.

08-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Tackleberry

Any new word (or rumors) concerning Tanguay? Seems like he was abducted by aliens or something.

Old
08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Any new word (or rumors) concerning Tanguay? Seems like he was abducted by aliens or something.
Saw a french article where someone asked if he wanted to be united with the two frenchies on the team and he just grinned.

Old
08-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Tackleberry

Quote:
Saw a french article where someone asked if he wanted to be united with the two frenchies on the team and he just grinned.
In your opinion, what would be the holdup of him signing with TB? Do you think he is going for the big$$. Cant see him signing for more than $3.5mil. Or do you think it is TB management??

Closed Thread