Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Which prospects have a legit shot at the NHL this season?

08-07-2009, 01:40 AM
vCash: 500
Which prospects have a legit shot at the NHL this season?

I'm creating players in NHL 09 and I want to create all the players who will at least get a sniff, if not more at the NHL level. As a Rangers fan, I'm really excited about watching Evgeny Grachev in the future. Hopefully he impresses enough to win a roster spot this year, and if not not, maybe at least see a little action.

Which youngsters in your favorite organizations have a solid chance this season?

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Erik Karlsson for Ottawa

You may also want to put Peter Regin from Binghamton on Ottawa's roster as well. You should update his stats though because he should have more potential than the game originally projected. Should be a good playmaking 2nd line Center in a couple of years.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Thomas Hickey for LA.
The kings need someone, other than doughty, to run their PP. He has a fare chance at cracking the top 6. Although the PP is where he will see most of his minutes, Hickey can be paired with O'Donnel, like Doughty was. This way every D line has offence and also someone to count on defencively.

silverstick is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 02:07 AM
sonny side up
For the Bolts.. Aside from Hedman, I'm really pulling for Dana Tyrell to get a good stint in with the team this year.
Mihalik is another who will get a good set in.. last year he got 11 games in, this year, hopefully more, but then again, I am kinda hoping not too many as if that would mean we have a lot of injuries on D.
Would also be great to see Wishart get a nice stay with the team, but thats more of a long shot.. I can see him getting a call up for 5-10 games this year..

Other than that, I really have no idea cause I havent followed the team too much this offseason

sonny side up is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Usually Incorrect
Things should be a bit different in Phoenix, this season. Last year we had so many rookies make the team out of camp. There was Turris, Boedker, Tikhonov, Porter, and Lisin. This year, most of us expect Turris and Porter to start the season in the AHL, Lisin has been traded, and Boedker and Tikhonov are no longer rookies, of course. In fact, the only rookie I would expect to crack the opening night roster is Sami Lepisto. Turris and Porter will probably be the top call-ups and may even steal a spot at some point. Guys like Jonas Ahnelov(who made the team out of last camp but was unable to start the season because of injury), Brett MacLean(outstanding rookie camp), and Chad Kolarik(very good in the AHL, last season) all may end up getting shots, throughout the year, as well, depending on injuries, ect. Also, depending on when Michigan's season is over, you may end up seeing Chris Summers getting a look, at the end of the year.

So, in short, Sami Lepisto.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Duchene and Stoa have a pretty good shot at making the Avs.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 02:49 AM
Evander Kane for sure. Create him if no one else.

Paul Postma is another guy I can see getting a look. Everything i've heard about his rookie camp says that he will be a great NHL player and a hell of a draft steal. Probably in the AHL this year but he is still a great prospect.

Of course Angelo Esposito will get a good chance. Though he will end up in the AHL most likely. The other guys who have a chance are already in the game I believe. Spencer Machacek and Riley Holzapfel will be good third liners in the NHL.

ArVeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 04:27 AM
For Chicago the three most likely guys are Skille, Aliu and Beach (most likely just a 9 game tryout for Beach). Nobody is quite sure yet who will take Hossa's place on the roster as the decision will likely be made on how the guys perform in preseason.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Jake the Snake Man
For the Blues:
-Pietrangelo is very likely, considering his ineligibility for the AHL and that Brewer is injured to start the year. I'll go with 90%.

-Eller has a good shot at making the team out of camp, but if not, is probably the first call-up. Most Blues fans think he'll get decent time with the Blues this year. 70% chance he starts with the team, 90% chance he plays more than 20 games.

-Junland will compete with Strachan, Bell, and Wagner for the #7 d-man spot out of camp. Bell will probably get it, and Strachan will probably get a call-up sooner, but I wouldn't doubt seeing Junland getting a handful of games, more if there are significant injuries. 5% chance he makes the team out of camp, 10% chance he plays 10+ games.

-Palushaj definitely has the wheels and skills, but needs to bulk up and learn to play with the big boys. I think he's closer to NHL ready than most Blues fans seem to think, but it's likely he spends most, if not all of the year in the AHL. 10% chance he starts with the team, 5% chance he sticks if that happens, 20% chance he gets a call-up. Won't guess his chances of sticking if that happens, because that's injury territory.

-Sonne is not as skilled as Palushaj, but he might be more NHL-ready. Same chances as Palushaj until I see them in training camp/pre-season.

I expect anybody else is already covered by the NHL 09 roster or has a small enough chance that you don't care.

rumrokh is online now   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Fraser Read
Hodgson and Grabner both have shots at cracking the Canucks lineup.

Fraser Read is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 06:05 AM
These Snacks Are Odd
Jonathon Blum, Cody Franson, Teemu Lääkso, Cal O'Reilly, Colin Wilson, Nick Spaling, and Patric Hörnqvist (he never really stuck last year).

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 06:33 AM
MonaHan Solo
vCash: 143
Mikael Backlund for the Flames.

MonaHan Solo is online now   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 08:12 AM
'67 til
I think Myers will make the Sabres this season.

Guarantees on the Leafs are Bozak and Stalberg (if they don't make it right away, they'll get called up and will most likely stay, book it). A possibility is Kadri (barring a miracle of course). He needs another season in the OHL.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Coo coo ca cha!
For the Capitals, the only guy you'd likely have to create that could make it to the NHL realistically is John Carlson, and even then it'd just be a cup of coffee/injury replacement in all likelihood. I guess Joe Finley as well, but he'd have to be a real long shot I'd think.

Other guys that should be getting looks (that haven't already) are Mathieu Perreault and Francois Bouchard, but they're both in there already unless you never updated.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks, good stuff guys! As a fan of the OHL's Brampton Battalion (not their jerseys however), I really want Cody Hodgson to get the big call up for the Canucks. It seems like with the absolute lack of talent in Colorado that Matt Duchene will most likely win a roster spot, and I've been nothing short of ecstatic about the development of Evgeny Grachev who I really hope can earn a shot out of camp for the Rangers. Now what differentiates Bozak and Kadri that makes Bozak a lock for the Leafs and Kadri merely a possibility?

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Omar Little
Omar comin yo
I'd say bergfors for sure and then eckford, corrente, and halischuk as outside shots

Omar Little is offline   Reply With Quote
08-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Fire the Refs!
filatov for jackets, brassard if he is still a prospect possibly mayorov but i doubt it,lacosta/lalande will have a couple games for jackets

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
08-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Warm Cookies
Goligoski will be on the team, but he really doesn't count.

Tangradi will have a decent shot, but given that he spent last season in juniors I'd say he's got less than a 50% chance of sticking with the big club. He'll probably get a cup of coffee at some point though.

Warm Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote
08-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Zemgus Da Gawd
Tyler Myers for Buffalo, with Ennis, Gogulla and Kassian as outside shots.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
08-08-2009, 12:30 AM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011
I think Mark Mitera has a good shot at the #5 spot this year.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
08-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Made Man
Anisimov is all but a lock.

Two rookies will likely man the blueline, Gilroy should make itm and IMO Heikkenen will.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
08-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
vCash: 0
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
I think Mark Mitera has a good shot at the #5 spot this year.
Probably not to start the season. Murray wants to give him some professional experience (AHL) before putting him into the line-up. This is especially important since he missed a great deal of last season at Michigan with a knee injury.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
08-08-2009, 08:58 PM
User, Registered
If Garth finally comes to his senses and realizes Tambellini will never make an NHL impact, Jesse Joensuu might make the team next year. He impressed me his first 10 games in the NHL.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
08-08-2009, 09:06 PM
I don't think Goligoski and Lovejoy are prospects, but both these guys will see NHL action this year. Def. Gogo.

Tangradi has a shot with the injury to Talbot

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote