HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Team Logos

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2004, 12:24 PM
  #51
4:20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: B.C.
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
WORST:

Blackhawks - In my opinion using names and images appropriated from First Nations groups is a little bit racist and offensive.

Mighty Ducks - Ducks are a terrible premise for a sports team.

Panthers - just too cartoony for me.

Blue Jackets - as someone else mentioned, too "busy."

I also don't really like the Avalanche, Wild, Islanders or Predators logos much.


BEST: Habs, Leafs, Wings, Bruins, Devils, Flyers, Oilers 3rd

I guess I like simple logos the best.

4:20 is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 12:33 PM
  #52
jacketracket*
 
jacketracket*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ... double cream."
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjosufan
Can't go wrong with any of the original six logos, IMO, or the classy Whalers logo.

As a CBJ fan, I was disappointed when I saw the CBJ logo unveiled. Much too "busy", with too much 'splainin' involved ("...the stars represent the....blah blah blah"). But I've grown to like it, as I imagine most fans of a particular team would with their logo.


Defintely agree with you there. I'm a huge CBJ fan but you grow to love the team behind the logo and not really the logo. I don't really think it's that bad....but it is too detailed[/QUOTE]Let's go

jacketracket* is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 12:46 PM
  #53
Harold Snepsts
Registered User
 
Harold Snepsts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,051
vCash: 500
Best:

Worst:

I guess I don't like any cartoon animal with a hockey stick.

Harold Snepsts is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 12:46 PM
  #54
Le Golie
...
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4:20
WORST:

Blackhawks - In my opinion using names and images appropriated from First Nations groups is a little bit racist and offensive.
As a person of aboriginal descent I have two words for you: lighten up.

It's a great logo and a beautiful jersey.

Le Golie is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 12:48 PM
  #55
Le Golie
...
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Snepts
Best:

Worst:

I guess I don't like any cartoon animal with a hockey stick.
Or triangles....

Those logo's are eerily similar in method of design.

Le Golie is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 12:48 PM
  #56
Harold Snepsts
Registered User
 
Harold Snepsts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4:20
WORST:

Mighty Ducks - Ducks are a terrible premise for a sports team.
No hockey team should be named after an Emilio Estevez movie.

Next expansion team: The South Carolina Repo Men!

Harold Snepsts is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 12:59 PM
  #57
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
???







what's up with the Canucks :

I know they are owned by an Orca company but...What does that have to do with
the Canucks? At least it's not just a hockey stick...:p
It's supposed to have something to do with the westcoast native theme as well as the Orca whale which travels up and down the Pacific Ocean.

Top 3 logos for me:

I like the colours, the scenery and the fact that it's a wild animal

I like the angle of the logo (head on instead of a side view) and the expression

I actually like the whale logo; it's an orca (emerging from the ocean) whale which some of us who live on the coast are fortunate that we can watch them swim by. It's got a westcoast/totem look to it and it's shaped like a 'C' for Canucks; I think it suits the geographical area.

The teeth are too long. Make them a little smaller and I might like it.

The musical note is okay but it reminds me more of a choir group than a hockey team.

Uggg, no explanation needed. Although, I do like their purple pants.

Thalia is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 01:24 PM
  #58
richardn
Registered User
 
richardn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
It's supposed to have something to do with the westcoast native theme as well as the Orca whale which travels up and down the Pacific Ocean.

Top 3 logos for me:

I like the colours, the scenery and the fact that it's a wild animal

I like the angle of the logo (head on instead of a side view) and the expression

I actually like the whale logo; it's an orca (emerging from the ocean) whale which some of us who live on the coast are fortunate that we can watch them swim by. It's got a westcoast/totem look to it and it's shaped like a 'C' for Canucks; I think it suits the geographical area.

The teeth are too long. Make them a little smaller and I might like it.

The musical note is okay but it reminds me more of a choir group than a hockey team.

Uggg, no explanation needed. Although, I do like their purple pants.
You like the Wild logo :lol . I like the colours :lol . Hasn't anyone ever told you that Red and Green should not be seen. I like the name, but they could have come up with a better logo and better colours then that. The best logo's are the simple ones. To much is being done trying to make three demensional Logo's with crazy colour schemes.

richardn is online now  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:34 PM
  #59
iAvs
JUST WIN
 
iAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,474
vCash: 500
Best 3:

Yea, they are my fav team, but I was drawn to their logo from the start. Perfect fit for the team.
Sweet concept. Represents the team & state very well.
Old school & going strong today. That's what good logos do.

worst 3:
Are u kidding me? Who ever made this better not have made any money off of it. BLAH!
Should've stuck with the old one! Much more original than this crappy one.
Maybe since this a team on the rise, they'll give it a new look next year? In fact... change their uniforms while they're at it too.


I'm a graphic artist, so I'm a big logo freak. I always thought sports teams had some of the best logos out there.

iAvs is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:42 PM
  #60
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 57,832
vCash: 50
Top 3
1.
2.
3.

Honorable Mention:

Bottom 3
1. so hideously boring
2. took me 15 years that it was supposed to be a P...
3. come on...

Honorable Dismention:

The Senators "alternate" logo(on their red and black jerseys) is easily my most hated overall though.

Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:50 PM
  #61
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,379
vCash: 500
Best


surprised no one brought this up, i love it. I don't know how I got drawn to it, I can't really explain why I like it, but I do.



Worst:
looks like some kid made it on photoshop 1

what is it? two lines in a circle? horns? letters? huh? stupid logo, stupid team(sorry devils fans, can't stand your team )

I don't get it.

felixd is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:02 PM
  #62
PecaFan
Registered User
 
PecaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Posts: 8,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
I actually like the whale logo; it's an orca (emerging from the ocean) whale which some of us who live on the coast are fortunate that we can watch them swim by. It's got a westcoast/totem look to it and it's shaped like a 'C' for Canucks; I think it suits the geographical area.
*ahem*. It's emerging from the *ice*.

Not sure why it's trapped in the rink.

PecaFan is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:06 PM
  #63
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso
 
ZadorovNJD*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 10,199
vCash: 500
Best:




Worst:

:thrashers

ZadorovNJD* is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:09 PM
  #64
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 23,658
vCash: 1131
Best : Original 6 +

Worst :

Team_Spirit is online now  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:11 PM
  #65
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON19
You mean this one?



/barf
That's the one, thank you

golfmade is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:26 PM
  #66
SlavaKozlov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Akron, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 967
vCash: 500
I like the Pens the best
also the devils
in addition to those 2, the original 6 logos

The Worst, IMO

SlavaKozlov is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:31 PM
  #67
David Puddy
Registered User
 
David Puddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I don't get it.
It is the meteorological symbol for a hurricane. Do you get it now?

David Puddy is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:32 PM
  #68
Bumjoo Wang*
 
Bumjoo Wang*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful
Top 3

2. took me 15 years that it was supposed to be a P...
.
Wow, it's a P.. Now I finally understand, what does this logo mean..

Bumjoo Wang* is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:42 PM
  #69
MaineIAC12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Clinton, Maine
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MaineIAC12
The Blue Jacket's logo does suck, but I kind of like their new "3rd" logo.

http://www.thechiller.com/images/3rd_jersey_new.jpg

I like it, although it looks more like a Team-USA jersey rather than anything to do with "Blue Jackets".

MaineIAC12 is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:46 PM
  #70
richardn
Registered User
 
richardn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineIAC12
The Blue Jacket's logo does suck, but I kind of like their new "3rd" logo.

http://www.thechiller.com/images/3rd_jersey_new.jpg

I like it, although it looks more like a Team-USA jersey rather than anything to do with "Blue Jackets".
I like the jersey and logo as well. But doesn't Blue Jacket refer to the war between the red coats and blue jackets. . They could also change the name to the Columbus Americans to maybe better suit the uniform.

richardn is online now  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:52 PM
  #71
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
I like the jersey and logo as well. But doesn't Blue Jacket refer to the war between the red coats and blue jackets. . They could also change the name to the Columbus Americans to maybe better suit the uniform.
It's in reference to the American Civil war (North vs South), not the revolutionary war against England

In the Civil War, the North wore Blue Jackets and the South wore grey(when they had uniforms)

 
Old
04-02-2004, 04:54 PM
  #72
Cap'n Flavour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,266
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Cap'n Flavour Send a message via MSN to Cap'n Flavour
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
It is the meteorological symbol for a hurricane. Do you get it now?
Not only that but that's what hurricanes look like from the sky / space. I don't see the problem.

I also fail to understand how people can criticize the Wild logo for being a mishmash of clashing colours when the Blackhawks logo is just as bad in that regard.

Cap'n Flavour is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 04:58 PM
  #73
richardn
Registered User
 
richardn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
It's in reference to the American Civil war (North vs South), not the revolutionary war against England

In the Civil War, the North wore Blue Jackets and the South wore grey(when they had uniforms)
I get the jackets mixed up on the two wars. Thanks for the brush up on my US history .

richardn is online now  
Old
04-02-2004, 05:00 PM
  #74
richardn
Registered User
 
richardn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Flavour
Not only that but that's what hurricanes look like from the sky / space. I don't see the problem.

I also fail to understand how people can criticize the Wild logo for being a mishmash of clashing colours when the Blackhawks logo is just as bad in that regard.
Your right the black hawks logo is awful.

richardn is online now  
Old
04-02-2004, 05:02 PM
  #75
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
I get the jackets mixed up on the two wars. Thanks for the brush up on my US history .
No problem I figured that was the case

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.