HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikita Filatov

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2009, 07:16 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Arby's? Cedar Point?

What a country!

Arby's? Most Euros wouldn't even recognize that as foodstuffs! And the coasters at Cedar Point are nothing compared to driving in Rome! I think Niki's really in it for the sweet corn!

Old
08-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Arby's? Most Euros wouldn't even recognize that as foodstuffs! And the coasters at Cedar Point are nothing compared to driving in Rome! I think Niki's really in it for the sweet corn!
No one can resist five for five. (Someone please photoshop Niki with one of those Arby's logos over his head. Thank you in advance.)

And Niki's never been to Rome. He did play with him last year in Syracuse, though. I hear he's looking forward to working on his game there again this season.

Old
08-28-2009, 07:33 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I dunno. Given his attitude with previous questions, I think that's supposed to be more interpreted as "I want to earn a Cup." Which implies a little more than just "gee, that would be nice if I could have one."
He's just such a ball of enthusiasm if he said his greatest goal was to experience the joy of watching paint dry 8 hours a day, I'd probably want to believe him.

For the most part he's been saying what people want to hear. So much so that I just can't get myself to care what he says. The unintended or intended "warning" to CBJ management was almost enough to wake me up. But his desire to win a Cup? Whatever. Talk to me when someone says they don't want to win one. That would be news worthy.

Old
08-28-2009, 07:43 AM
BluejacketNut

Arby's "cheese sauce" is nasty. Rax, now there were some good sandwhiches! After football games, the treat was a BBC, twisty fries, and a strawberry shake....ahh, memories

Old
08-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Arby's "cheese sauce" is nasty. Rax, now there were some good sandwhiches! After football games, the treat was a BBC, twisty fries, and a strawberry shake....ahh, memories
Rax - agreed! Blueberry shake for me.

Old
08-28-2009, 08:47 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
http://www.raxroastbeef.com/locations/

They're still out there!

Arby's cheese sauce, while not as delectable as Rax's, is perfectly acceptable. Its the RJ Umberger of cheese sauces, nothing flashy, but reliable.

Old
08-28-2009, 09:02 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
http://www.raxroastbeef.com/locations/

They're still out there!

Arby's cheese sauce, while not as delectable as Rax's, is perfectly acceptable. Its the RJ Umberger of cheese sauces, nothing flashy, but reliable.
Maybe someone else has already posted this, but an "RJ UMBERGER with fries" would be a great addition to the West Side Grill. Maybe serve it up with a little bit of Chipotle sauce. (no chipotle sauce down here).

And before anybody else mentions it... "The Nik Fil-ay-a-tov Chicken Sandwich". Or will that label him?

Old
08-28-2009, 09:11 AM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Rax kicks Arby's sorry butt. Uncle Alligator FTW.

Old
08-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Jimayo

Arby's is much better here than it is down there. Granted so is every other fast food restaurant.

Old
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Moore Money

Is Filatov a lock for the team or what? what are the chances he starts in the AHL?

Old
09-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
Is Filatov a lock for the team or what? what are the chances he starts in the AHL?
0% chance he's in the AHL, he's made the Jackets, there's a link in the training camp thread confirming this.

Old
09-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
0% chance he's in the AHL, he's made the Jackets, there's a link in the training camp thread confirming this.
oh good, I just picked him in a pool. Should probably check prior to the draft next time...

Does he look like he could put up some good numbers this year?

Old
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Define good. Kid will put up points no matter who he's playing with. But if you're looking for a 60 point season, it's probably not gonna happen.

Old
09-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
oh good, I just picked him in a pool. Should probably check prior to the draft next time...

I'll stick to what I've said before, around 20 goals and 30 assists.. depending of course on how he is used. During preseason he was worth around a point a game..

Old
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

It depend on one important thing. In which line he will play. If with Vermette with Voráček or Brassard with Nash (a first opportunity is likely) he can get these 50 points.

Old
09-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Define good. Kid will put up points no matter who he's playing with. But if you're looking for a 60 point season, it's probably not gonna happen.
I would consider 30 - 40 points good. I picked him very late so i'm not expecting much but I know he has potential to be a great pick.

Old
09-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'll stick to what I've said before, around 20 goals and 30 assists.. depending of course on how he is used. During preseason he was worth around a point a game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
It depend on one important thing. In which line he will play. If with Vermette with Voráček or Brassard with Nash (a first opportunity is likely) he can get these 50 points.
50 points would be great, hope he gets to play with Nash

I figured he would be a good pick since he's already spent time in the AHL and should be more ready than most of the other rookies.

Old
09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 582
1st time I ever seen him play was yesterday. I absolutely love his skating and speed. I HOPE he is in Columbus for a very, very long time.

Old
09-28-2009, 08:00 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DfromBG View Post
1st time I ever seen him play was yesterday. I absolutely love his skating and speed. I HOPE he is in Columbus for a very, very long time.
You saw his best game of the pre-season. Hopefully he keeps going in that direction and only gets better. Kid has mad skills for sure.

Old
09-29-2009, 02:02 AM
hcs76

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
He's just such a ball of enthusiasm if he said his greatest goal was to experience the joy of watching paint dry 8 hours a day, I'd probably want to believe him.

For the most part he's been saying what people want to hear. So much so that I just can't get myself to care what he says. The unintended or intended "warning" to CBJ management was almost enough to wake me up. But his desire to win a Cup? Whatever. Talk to me when someone says they don't want to win one. That would be news worthy.
Well, I do agree that he assumes we're all pretty interested in what he has to say.

Having said that, I see his willingness to share (even if they are somewhat anodyne thoughts) as a positive thing...he's got some self confidence and I imagine that positively informs what he does on the ice. I can only try to put myself in his shoes, the world is his oyster and he probably IS used to people indulging him to a certain extent. And I think we were all pretty self-absorbed at that age.

Old
09-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Sounds like the 2nd line is Filatov-Vermette-Voracek

Old
09-30-2009, 07:50 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
Sounds like the 2nd line is Filatov-Vermette-Voracek
They were together some in the pre-season and well, as Hitch might put it...'dangerous in both ends'...

Old
09-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
They were together some in the pre-season and well, as Hitch might put it...'dangerous in both ends'...
There are just so many different possible ways to interpret that statement that it almost qualifies as poetry.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
09-30-2009, 08:05 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
There are just so many different possible ways to interpret that statement that it almost qualifies as poetry.
What, you mean the guy is a poet and he doesn't even know it?

Old
09-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:

Closed Thread