HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Justin Williams to Toronto

Old
08-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Yes of course let's use an excuse to ignore Ponikarovsky and Stajan's better production the last couple of years.

Are you going to tell me Williams "Intangibles" makes him better now than both combined?
Williams has been injured the last two seasons, so of course his production would be down. Hell, in 07-08 he was on pace to put up 66 points, more than Stajan/Ponikarovsky scored last year. The dude has had terrible luck with injuries, and when he gets healthy again, he'll be showing why he's better than those two.

Tank King Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 11:42 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leafinator View Post
A) LA really wanted Williams (overpaid imo, Sully straight up would have been fine)
B) they won't give him away for the likes of Stajan
The deal originally was just O'Sullivan the trade leaked though and CAR refused to do it unless LA added the 2nd. Also LA didn't want to move O'Sullivan they wanted Williams and that was the asking price. At least thats according to Lombardi.

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 11:45 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
The deal originally was just O'Sullivan the trade leaked though and CAR refused to do it unless LA added the 2nd. Also LA didn't want to move O'Sullivan they wanted Williams and that was the asking price. At least thats according to Lombardi.
Thanks Helene Elliott

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Thanks Helene Elliott
It was The Globe and Mail of Toronto, not the Los Angeles Times if you're referring to the media source that leaked the trade that caused the value to be upped.

Link

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 02:44 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
It was The Globe and Mail of Toronto, not the Los Angeles Times if you're referring to the media source that leaked the trade that caused the value to be upped.

Link
I swear I thought it was her for some reason...

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 03:05 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

I don't see why LA would have any interest in dealing Williams at this point. He started to show his true form at the tail end of last year. He's our top line RW going into next year. Lombardi is willing to take a gamble on Williams regaining form. If not, he'll probably be traded for significantly less than even now.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 03:52 AM
bral
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post

It was Edmonton who didn't want LA getting Williams for O'Sullivan alone. Once LA added the second they agreed. It's interesting because if you feel that Williams is the best player why not just offer Cole for Williams and cut LA out of the equation (even though LA initiated the deal).

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 04:22 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Yes of course let's use an excuse to ignore Ponikarovsky and Stajan's better production the last couple of years.

Are you going to tell me Williams "Intangibles" makes him better now than both combined?
It doesn't really matter. The Kings want Williams for what he brings to the table, not Ponikarovsky and Stajan.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
It was Edmonton who didn't want LA getting Williams for O'Sullivan alone. Once LA added the second they agreed. It's interesting because if you feel that Williams is the best player why not just offer Cole for Williams and cut LA out of the equation (even though LA initiated the deal).
In my opinion I think that Edmonton didnt want carolina to get O'Sullivan so they went and got him via 3-way, I think.

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 09:02 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Give it up, not one person other than you and a few other Leafs' fans think that Ponikarovsky or Stajan are better than Williams
I've never said either is better. I've said they were better to have last year. Williams' injuries are in issue in his value right now imo.

Everytime a Leaf fan points out a Leaf player has better production it's always ignored. Perhaps it's not always that Leaf fans are biased?

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
I've never said either is better. I've said they were better to have last year. Williams' injuries are in issue in his value right now imo.

Everytime a Leaf fan points out a Leaf player has better production it's always ignored. Perhaps it's not always that Leaf fans are biased?
We are counting on Williams for his leadership, not so much his production. But yes, he has to remain healthy.

Last edited by Legionnaire: 08-10-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 09:26 AM
suprvilce

I have an idea: why not just rade Tlusty, Bozak, Hanson, Stalberg,..... and just sign as many 30 year olds as possible in their place?

suprvilce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 12:11 PM
DeeMeck

Can't trade him....I just won the jersey off his back at the season finale.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote