I think Washington has a gem in Orlov. I wanted him so badly, its just the russian factor that made him drop. As much as I like Gelinas, Orlov would have been a much better pick for the Devils. I guess that's more of a surprise pick then "boom".
- Josefson (cant teach his smarts)
- Kane (this guy is a stud)
- Panik (sick talent, size, and will get to play for Windsor, big year!)
- Glennie (very underrated)
- Hedman, Tavares, Duchesne (easy picks)
- Moore (think Bouwmeester, but on a very good young team)
- Ekman-Larsson (nothing bad to say about his game)
Too early to tell!...to be considered a BUST you need to be a top draft pick and I think most of the top picks are quite safe...I don't think Schenn will be putting up BIG numbers, but will be a top # 3 center, or very solid # 2 center. I am not sold on Kadri, and if I had to put a BUST on someone, I may choose him, but from what Leafs fans are saying, he was nothing short of spectacular during prospects camp so...I also am not so high on MPS, Schroeder or De Haan, but these are all gut feelings, and my gut is often wrong!
PLayers are boom/bust players, not one or the other...
Here are boom/bust players...
To be fair, there's no reason you can't try to predict which boom/bust players will boom and which will bust, which may have been the entire point of this thread. Saying someone's boom or bust isn't going out on a limb so much, it's saying which of the two you think they'll end up doing that's the fun part.