HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tootoo v. Bell

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 09:25 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Tootoo v. Bell

Ever seen a funner fight. A guy 6" shorter manhandling the bigger guy, watching Bell try to turtle, then swing at a linesman. Guess that ends the Tootoo is scared of Bell debate.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Wally112pac

I don't mind tootoo. He's good at what he does. But i hope Bell knocks the snot outta him when he has vision, next game.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:00 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac
I don't mind tootoo. He's good at what he does. But i hope Bell knocks the snot outta him when he has vision, next game.
Do you really think Bell would want to go again, this is the second time he's had to turtle up against Tootoo.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:01 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Ever seen a funner fight. A guy 6" shorter manhandling the bigger guy, watching Bell try to turtle, then swing at a linesman. Guess that ends the Tootoo is scared of Bell debate.
Check out the video...I have watched it about 10x already...I was on the other end of the ice last night and didn't get the best view.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

Also watch Toots draw the penalty at the beginning of the McKenzie bout.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac
I think the linesmen are more nervous than Tootoo....

Old
03-31-2004, 10:27 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
that video is priceless. so someone remind me....when is someone gonna "teach tootoo a lesson"??

Old
03-31-2004, 12:38 PM
HellsBells

You guys are priceless. I watched the game and Tootoo hardly pounded Bell. He pulled his jersey over Bell's head before the fight really even started. WTF is that ??? I'll tell ya....it's bush league !!

And take that visor off for once Tootoo. You could see Bell laughing afterwards because who can win a fight when they can't see ?? Now I don't care for the Hawks one bit but you guys have to stop being such homers. Anyone can see that Tootoo is a punk, he uses tactics that kids use in Midget hockey.

One more thing, you guys are right, no one will ever get him.

P.S Looks like you guys might make the playoffs, good luck with the Wings.

Old
03-31-2004, 12:50 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Every player tries the shirt over the head trick, it's the oldest in the book, it's not bush league, unless 99% of fighters are bush league.

Bell has had two shots at Tootoo and lost both, but good I'd love to see Bell try again, it's too funny.

Old
03-31-2004, 01:05 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
the hockeyfights.com descritpion

funny stuff...

All Tootoo wailing on a ducking Bell. Bell has his jersey over his head and is pinned against the boards as Tootoo unloads on him. Not much damage, but funny looking since Tootoo is 5'9" and Bell is 6'3". Then as the linesmen step in, Bell throws a punch and he can't even see who he's trying to hit. It looks like he might have tagged the linesman, or come close to it. Other Penalties: Jason Strudwick received an unsportsmanlike conduct.

Old
03-31-2004, 02:22 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
YOU ARE A :troll:

and also a

Old
03-31-2004, 03:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Wheres Fullmetalninja here to gloat that Bell demolished Tootoo?!?!

Oh wait

Old
03-31-2004, 03:19 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
:lol

Old
03-31-2004, 03:21 PM
jstreet

where did all of these crazy new smileys come from?

Old
03-31-2004, 03:26 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
And the Tootoo haters come out of the woodwork. Is there a more embarrassing bunch out there? Tootoo could undress Kipper on a breakaway and someone would still say his move was bush league. I can hear them now "you can't triple deke, it's an unwritten rule".

And Garfield, just go home. John and Odie are waiting for you.

Only in Garfields mind (and the minds of a few other special people) can completely beating someone up who was going after you be considered bush league. It's pathetic, but don't blame me, God made them.

Old
03-31-2004, 03:36 PM
crossxcheck

See people say that bell was laughing because it was "bush league" what tootoo did and he couldn't see (of course he couldn't), but see I remember something people did when they were kids. and that was laugh when they obviously got whipped as a feable attempt to save face.

Old
03-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Do you really think Bell would want to go again, this is the second time he's had to turtle up against Tootoo.
Bell didn't turtle. He was tryin get his face straight. Even though the Preds announcer said (i should know his name, i like the guy) Bell is covering up against the wall, he wasn't turtling. He didn't hit the ice with his hands over his head ala jarkko ruutu.

Bell punched out JR last year. I'm sure he'll be willing to go tootoo again on thursday.

P.S That swing at the ref was funny. It would have even been funnier if he had landed it. Poor ref.

Old
03-31-2004, 03:45 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
See people say that bell was laughing because it was "bush league" what tootoo did and he couldn't see (of course he couldn't), but see I remember something people did when they were kids. and that was laugh when they obviously got whipped as a feable attempt to save face.
I still do that now. When I was up in the game against Columbus, all Volzok and I could do was laugh after Vokoun and Timonen scored own goals. We laughed because that's all we could really do. If Bell thought it was bush league, he would likely have been quite a bit more angry. As it was, he had nothing for Toots the rest of the night. He's learned his lesson much like Tyler Wright.

Old
03-31-2004, 03:47 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'm pretty sure that on Saturday Bell will be getting ready to take on the 'yotes while the Preds and Tootoo take on the Blues.

Last edited by barrytrotzsneck: 03-31-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Old
03-31-2004, 04:02 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
As it was, he had nothing for Toots the rest of the night. He's learned his lesson much like Tyler Wright.
I think that might have been due to that both were gone from the game shortly after (both had under 4 minutes of icetime and 6-7 shifts). Im not certain but maybe someone can confirm? I think the only lesson Bell learned was humility...none of Tootoo's shots looked at all effective (rather weak-looking). Bell will definitely have another go at him.

Anyways, I got my fingers crossed that the Preds get in the playoffs. They've worked hard enough for it.

03-31-2004, 04:05 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice XXX
Anyways, I got my fingers crossed that the Preds get in the playoffs. They've worked hard enough for it.
for a bro from socal, you ain't bad.

Old
03-31-2004, 04:06 PM
hillbilly

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=240330027

according to ESPN.com Tootoo had 7 shifts and Bell 6

Old
03-31-2004, 04:10 PM
jstreet

1. I was laughing through that one Columbus game too.. but it was to keep from crying.

2. You are correct- Toots had less than 4 minutes of ice time last night.

Old
03-31-2004, 04:33 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice XXX
I think that might have been due to that both were gone from the game shortly after (both had under 4 minutes of icetime and 6-7 shifts). Im not certain but maybe someone can confirm? I think the only lesson Bell learned was humility...none of Tootoo's shots looked at all effective (rather weak-looking). Bell will definitely have another go at him.
Bell had one more shift after coming out of the box and was benched for the rest of the game. I wouldn't be suprised if the fight had something to do with it.

Tootoo's shots looked effective to me. Now, none of them were major blows but he's lucky he even hit him. Bell turtled pretty badly after the jersey blinded him. He was wriggling like a fish for the better part of the fight. Tootoo did a great job landing a few punches. It's hard to hit a target that you can't really see and that is constantly moving up and down left and right forward and backwards.

If Bell's isn't an idiot, he'll leave well enough alone. He's had two bouts with Tootoo and both times Bell has had his jersey over his head before he blinked. And this time, Bell actually tried started the fight and tried to get Tootoo. Didn't really work out that way.

Old
03-31-2004, 05:26 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Bell had one more shift after coming out of the box and was benched for the rest of the game. I wouldn't be suprised if the fight had something to do with it.

Tootoo's shots looked effective to me. Now, none of them were major blows but he's lucky he even hit him. Bell turtled pretty badly after the jersey blinded him. He was wriggling like a fish for the better part of the fight. Tootoo did a great job landing a few punches. It's hard to hit a target that you can't really see and that is constantly moving up and down left and right forward and backwards.

If Bell's isn't an idiot, he'll leave well enough alone. He's had two bouts with Tootoo and both times Bell has had his jersey over his head before he blinked. And this time, Bell actually tried started the fight and tried to get Tootoo. Didn't really work out that way.
I'm going to give Bell enough credit that I think he would lose 10 fights to Tootoo and still come after him again. Fighting in hockey isn't only about winning. Not saying Tootoo didn't clearly win, but I don't think it will discourage Bell from fighting him again.

Old
03-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:

I disagree big time. No way was Bell turtling (evident by the blind shot he took at "Tootoo" ie the linesman)...he was tryin to get outta his jersey while still goin at it. From what I remember of the fight, Tootoo was doin nothin more than softly hittin him with the palm side of his fist as he didnt have much room to deliver any decent shots. That was hardly a fight...more of a laugh at the expense of Bell as he was pressed against the board with his jersey over his head. Tootoo is a tenacious lil ******* tho.

Closed Thread