HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Bouillon Talk Here (UPDATE: Signs with Preds, 750K)

Old
08-10-2009, 10:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Bouillon isn't beating anyone's ass. I'll give you that he's tough but he hardly, if ever, decidedly wins a fight. IMO he'll get a slight edge in a fight here or there but that's about the extent of it.

Honestly I'd rather leave the spot open for one of our young home grown guys to take the 5/6 spots. I really think Potter, Gilroy, Sauer or Heikkenen will make up our 5/6/7 spots on defense.
I'll be pissed if we end up with a bottom pairing comprised of two rookies. I have no problem carrying two rookie defenseman, but I think it's a terrible idea pairing them together.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

I really cant believe some of you are pessimistic about signing Boullion.

He would be a great addition to the 3rd paring. I do not care if hes 5"8 hes solid in his own zone, makes a good 1st pass, and hes physical. Some of you are overrating him grossly. Hes definitely no Pronger when it comes to physicality but i would not be opposed to signing him at 1 yr 1 million. It gives a year to bridge one of our top D prospects into the lineup next season.

I still would love to see Schneider on the 3rd paring, but Boullion would be fine.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 10:47 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
if that is directed at me, let me say that cube would not replace rozy. rozys minutes would be replaced by gilroy as reddens new partner or by another fa dman whom we sign. imo, after last year, rozy has shown he doesnt belong on the pp so were really talking about replacing rozys total minutes minus pp time.

i am advocating moving rozy, not out of some personal vendetta but simply as a means to rid ourselves of an onerous contract for an average player and thus enable us to improve our team by signing an impact centerman or an additional goal scorer.

as for dany heatley, this team right now is a playoff team, but an injury away from disaster. adding heater to the mix would make us a legit threat in the conference and give us some scoring protection if gaby goes down for 20 games.

if we could somehow trade for heater by moving say...rozy, higgins and mcdonough and manage to keep dubinsky- we would have no choice here as we have no one else to play with gaborik, i would do that in a heartbeat.

didnt it ever occur to you that the reason we dont have heatley now is our reluctance to include dubinsky in that deal yet we were supposedly committed to moving rozy in that same deal.

slats had him traded until ott demanded dubi last minute. if he was so valuable and important, he would not have been included in that deal. looks to me like slats thinks this team can win without rozy.

deal with it.
First of all, the post wasn't directed at you, a lot of posters have expressed the sentiment that Rozy should be shipped off and replaced by Mara, Morris, Schneider, etc.

But do you really think that Gilroy is capable of logging at least 23 minutes a game while playing an effective defensive game? That is a lot to ask of a rookie. And I'm not sure if any of the remaining defenseman FAs would be a suitable replacement for Rozy.

Of course I think this team can win without Rozy, but it's just a matter of finding a defenseman who is at least equivalent to Rozy or an upgrade over him. Although I agree our offense needs to improve, I'm hesistant to make such an improvement at the expense of our defense. Lundqvist faced the most difficult shots in the league last year and I think the team needs to be strong in all 3 zones to succeed.

I realize that Rozy has a horrible contract, but I have yet to see a proposal for a defenseman that would be an upgrade over him. I'm just a tad concerned about our defense and it seems to be overlooked around here these days...

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 10:47 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

This one doesn't make much sense to me.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 11:35 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Isn't he 5-foot-8?

No thanks.
Malik is 6'5...he's probably the better player then right?

Comments like that make me wonder if you've ever seen him play. He doesn't play like 5'9 at all.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 11:51 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Bouillon isn't beating anyone's ass. I'll give you that he's tough but he hardly, if ever, decidedly wins a fight. IMO he'll get a slight edge in a fight here or there but that's about the extent of it.

Honestly I'd rather leave the spot open for one of our young home grown guys to take the 5/6 spots. I really think Potter, Gilroy, Sauer or Heikkenen will make up our 5/6/7 spots on defense.
From last year:

Perry hits Bouillon up high, and even though Perry is 6'3...Perry definitely got the upper hand

Piece of garbage Ruutu cheapshots one of Bouillons teamates...who comes running over? Bouillon. Even fight till Bouillons ends up with the upper hand and the lineman rush in to break it up. Ruutu at 6'2

Konopka the 6'0, 215 pound goon from the AHL who had almost 200 PIM in the AHL last season..who gets the final shot in? Bouillon, which causes the linesmans to jump in again.

That was just from last season. His other 2 fights he lost. But seriously...do you expect him to be Colton Orr and be knocking players out? And we wouldnt be bringing him in for his fighting. We would be bringing him in to be an awesome team guy and add toughness(not only with fighting), and a bottom pair team that can hold is own in his zone.

Going with 2 fresh rookies is a disaster waiting to happen. Can't wait till teams notice that and match their top lines vs them. There will be plenty of time in the season when rookies can come in and out. Players get injured, they will get their chance. Im not understanding the huge rush to pump in any many rookies as we can.

Old
08-10-2009, 11:57 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'll be pissed if we end up with a bottom pairing comprised of two rookies. I have no problem carrying two rookie defenseman, but I think it's a terrible idea pairing them together.
I don't think any coach in the NHL, unless otherwise forced to do so by having 4 rookies suited up for one game, would pair up two rookie defensemen. I would expect, and hope, to see them split up.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 11:58 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
I don't think any coach in the NHL, unless otherwise forced to do so by having 4 rookies suited up for one game, would pair up two rookie defensemen. I would expect, and hope, to see them split up.
So who is playing bottom pair minutes? Rosy? Staal? Girardi? Redden?

As much as some of you hate redden..hes NOT playing bottom pair minutes, thats for sure.

Old
08-10-2009, 11:59 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Sure, now everyone jumps onto the Bouillon bandwagon
We've talked about this in a previous thread we started the bandwagon!

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 12:01 AM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
From last year:

Perry hits Bouillon up high, and even though Perry is 6'3...Perry definitely got the upper hand

Piece of garbage Ruutu cheapshots one of Bouillons teamates...who comes running over? Bouillon. Even fight till Bouillons ends up with the upper hand and the lineman rush in to break it up. Ruutu at 6'2

Konopka the 6'0, 215 pound goon from the AHL who had almost 200 PIM in the AHL last season..who gets the final shot in? Bouillon, which causes the linesmans to jump in again.

That was just from last season. His other 2 fights he lost. But seriously...do you expect him to be Colton Orr and be knocking players out? And we wouldnt be bringing him in for his fighting. We would be bringing him in to be an awesome team guy and add toughness(not only with fighting), and a bottom pair team that can hold is own in his zone.

Going with 2 fresh rookies is a disaster waiting to happen. Can't wait till teams notice that and match their top lines vs them. There will be plenty of time in the season when rookies can come in and out. Players get injured, they will get their chance. Im not understanding the huge rush to pump in any many rookies as we can.
I don't know how you judge fights but like I previously said he scores a slight edge in some fights but I'm not a fan of handing out edges. I'm more apt to call a fight a draw unless there is a decisive win. Of which he has none. He holds his own and is tough, I'm not knocking him.

My statement was directed at Vipe saying he would beat someone's ass. I don't care about the size, Cube has never "beat anyone's ass". I understand he's tough and respect him but honestly unless he signs for <850k I'd rather go with our homegrown.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:03 AM
D713B

Quote:
So who is playing bottom pair minutes? Rosy? Staal? Girardi? Redden?

As much as some of you hate redden..hes NOT playing bottom pair minutes, thats for sure.
Whoever is playing the worst. I don't think Torts cares about anyone's paycheck.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:04 AM
NYR Viper

Thank you FLY for defending my argument before I could get back on here.

He is a good player and would add a dimension to the defense. You want aggressive, Bouillon fits the bill.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 12:05 AM
D713B

Quote:
Thank you FLY for defending my argument before I could get back on here.

He is a good player and would add a dimension to the defense. You want aggressive, Bouillon fits the bill.
You don't need to defend yourself, I understand what Bouillon brings to the table, I just disagreed with you saying he could beat someone's ass.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:06 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I don't know how you judge fights but like I previously said he scores a slight edge in some fights but I'm not a fan of handing out edges. I'm more apt to call a fight a draw unless there is a decisive win. Of which he has none. He holds his own and is tough, I'm not knocking him.

My statement was directed at Vipe saying he would beat someone's ass. I don't care about the size, Cube has never "beat anyone's ass". I understand he's tough and respect him but honestly unless he signs for <850k I'd rather go with our homegrown.
I was saying it because the person who said he didnt want any more midgets didnt make any sense. There are plenty of bigger d-man who wont fight or stick up for their teammates, just because the guy is smaller doesnt mean he isnt tough and could potentially add toughness to this team.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:09 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
You don't need to defend yourself, I understand what Bouillon brings to the table, I just disagreed with you saying he could beat someone's ass.
But thats not the point. How many players besides the elite fights (Orr, Brashear, Laraque, Parros, Boogaard etc) beat there opponents down in every fight?

Bouillon is like 90% of the other guys who drop the gloves from time to time...win some, lose some, mostly a draw. Nobody is expecting him to knock players out. The point is he answers the bell and he is there for his teammates. Someone wants to check Staal from behind? If Bouillon is on the ice, guess who is the first person who will race over(besides The Don of course)

Old
08-11-2009, 12:09 AM
D713B

Quote:
I was saying it because the person who said he didnt want any more midgets didnt make any sense. There are plenty of bigger d-man who wont fight or stick up for their teammates, just because the guy is smaller doesnt mean he isnt tough and could potentially add toughness to this team.
I'm aware. Barnaby, Domi, Tucker, PJ Stock etc. Being small doesn't preclude anyone from being tough. I followed your exchange with them, I just think you could have explained your point better than by he could kick some 6' whatever guys ass.

Frankly I'm not entirely against Francis on the team I just think it would have to be on our terms and that's it. I mean he made 1.875 last year and I don't want him anywhere near that price tag.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:11 AM
D713B

Quote:
But thats not the point. How many players besides the elite fights (Orr, Brashear, Laraque, Parros, Boogaard etc) beat there opponents down in every fight?

Bouillon is like 90% of the other guys who drop the gloves from time to time...win some, lose some, mostly a draw. Nobody is expecting him to knock players out.
What are you still going on about, how many times did I state I understand Francis is tough and willing? I made a point of him not being the kind of guy to kick someones ass.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:12 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
What are you still going on about, how many times did I state I understand Francis is tough and willing? I made a point of him not being the kind of guy to kick someones ass.
And what does that have to do with anything? Thats what im still trying to figure out why you even brought that up. He's not meant to. Your original post makes him sound like he just a punching bag that cant win a damn fight. Its silly.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:13 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I'm aware. Barnaby, Domi, Tucker, PJ Stock etc. Being small doesn't preclude anyone from being tough. I followed your exchange with them, I just think you could have explained your point better than by he could kick some 6' whatever guys ass.

Frankly I'm not entirely against Francis on the team I just think it would have to be on our terms and that's it. I mean he made 1.875 last year and I don't want him anywhere near that price tag.
I agree and I agree. Ha. I probably could have explained that better but I was trying to prove a point to that particular poster.

I would think 1-1.2 would be reasonable for him.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
D713B

Quote:
And what does that have to do with anything? Thats what im still trying to figure out why you even brought that up. He's not meant to.
He was explaining the type of player he is to a poster who clearly didn't know much about Bouillon. Telling him that he would kick the ass of some 6 foot whatever inch player up isn't exactly describing the type of player he is.

A gritty, serviceable, tough and willing competitor is more on target. Not some 5'8 monster on skates that kicks peoples ***** for a living.

Quote:
I agree and I agree. Ha. I probably could have explained that better but I was trying to prove a point to that particular poster.

I would think 1-1.2 would be reasonable for him.
I could live with $1 mill.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:15 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
And what does that have to do with anything? Thats what im still trying to figure out why you even brought that up. He's not meant to. Your original post makes him sound like he just a punching bag that cant win a damn fight. Its silly.
He was repsonding to a statement I made that was incorrect. It was more statement to a particular poster. I exagerated in order to make my point.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:16 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
He was explaining the type of player he is to a poster who clearly didn't know much about Bouillon. Telling him that he would kick the ass of some 6 foot whatever inch player up isn't exactly describing the type of player he is.

A gritty, serviceable, tough and willing competitor is more on target. Not some 5'8 monster on skates that kicks peoples ***** for a living.
I didnt quite mean he would kick a 6'+ guys ass, just moreso that he would be more willing to kick someones ass if need be and that size isnt always the best way to judge a player. That was more the point and I made it earlier in the thread that the poster had missed.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:17 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:

I could live with $1 mill.

Quote:
He was repsonding to a statement I made that was incorrect. It was more statement to a particular poster. I exagerated in order to make my point.

Ah alright....got what your both saying now. I apparently missed page 3 and went from 2 to 4

Old
08-11-2009, 12:19 AM
D713B

Quote:
Well aside from that we can't have you running around here like you know it all. You campaigned for Higgins for a long time and now we got him. If your campaign for Bouillon pays off you'd be two for two. We can't have this getting to your head now.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:23 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Well aside from that we can't have you running around here like you know it all. You campaigned for Higgins for a long time and now we got him. If your campaign for Bouillon pays off you'd be two for two. We can't have this getting to your head now.

I will try not to let it go to my head.

Although, just to set the record straight, I called Gaborik to the Rangers on July 1st a couple weeks before UFA started. But like I said, not going to my head.