HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Bouillon Talk Here (UPDATE: Signs with Preds, 750K)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-11-2009, 02:27 AM
  #101
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,453
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I like Boullion. Would be a good 3rd pairing guy to go with whatever rookie does the best coming out of camp. Especially if it's an offensive-minded type like Sanguinetti.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 09:20 AM
  #102
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Blozsival needs to go. I don't care how many minutes he logs. He is slow, takes lazy penalties, hesitates way too long to shoot, and is still looking for Jagr when he hesitates and passes the puck to an opposing player.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 09:32 AM
  #103
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Blozsival needs to go. I don't care how many minutes he logs. He is slow, takes lazy penalties, hesitates way too long to shoot, and is still looking for Jagr when he hesitates and passes the puck to an opposing player.
Luckily, management does.

The notion that some rookie is going to come in and replace Rozsival's minutes is ridiculous.

Hows that old song go? You dont know what ya got til its gone?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 10:24 AM
  #104
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Luckily, management does.

The notion that some rookie is going to come in and replace Rozsival's minutes is ridiculous.

Hows that old song go? You dont know what ya got til its gone?
Yep.

Rozy does a lot more than people think. And you can't overlook the fact that he's showed up to play every playoff series hes been in with the Rangers IMO.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 10:57 AM
  #105
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Yep.

Rozy does a lot more than people think. And you can't overlook the fact that he's showed up to play every playoff series hes been in with the Rangers IMO.
If only he showed up during the regular season, maybe we'd have a better PP, therefore, more wins, fewer defensive lapses, and a non-burnt out Hank.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 01:02 PM
  #106
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,729
vCash: 500
Another rumor:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...-a-refaire.php

Translated says:

Quote:
The good news for him, is that waiting is almost over; According to our sources, the defenseman should sign a one year contract with an Eastern team this week.

[...]

The 33 years old player, who made 1,8 millions last season, will have to satisfy himself with a salary of just over one million next season, from what we've learned yesterday.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 01:39 PM
  #107
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
If only he showed up during the regular season, maybe we'd have a better PP, therefore, more wins, fewer defensive lapses, and a non-burnt out Hank.
I thought he played better down the stretch, but youre right. Though i think it partly had to do with the offseason surgery early on.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 01:40 PM
  #108
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
I'd take a 1.0 - 1.3.. one year deal.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 01:52 PM
  #109
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'd take a 1.0 - 1.3.. one year deal.
I agree but I'd still rather see the Rangers sign Bergeron. (who probably would play for less)

I wouldn't be opposed to signing two depth defenseman at this point and dressing an extra defenseman over Byers.

Staal Girardi
Redden Rozsvial
Bouillon Gilroy

Bergeron as the pp specialist. Who gets screwed here? Potter and Byers, two borderline NHL players..
Posted via Mobile Device

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 02:02 PM
  #110
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I agree but I'd still rather see the Rangers sign Bergeron. (who probably would play for less)

I wouldn't be opposed to signing two depth defenseman at this point and dressing an extra defenseman over Byers.

Staal Girardi
Redden Rozsvial
Bouillon Gilroy

Bergeron as the pp specialist. Who gets screwed here? Potter and Byers, two borderline NHL players..
Posted via Mobile Device
Marc-Andre Bergeron would make the Rangers version of Sandis Ozolinsh look like a Norris candidate.

He can give you something on the powerplay, Ill give you that...but the disaster he is in his own zone more than offsets anything positive he'd do on the powerplay.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 02:14 PM
  #111
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Marc-Andre Bergeron would make the Rangers version of Sandis Ozolinsh look like a Norris candidate.

He can give you something on the powerplay, Ill give you that...but the disaster he is in his own zone more than offsets anything positive he'd do on the powerplay.
Bergeron played well last year in Minny...

I don't think he would be worse defensively then the point men we used last year on the power play.

I'm not sure I would give him 3rd pairing minutes but as a pp only defenseman he would be perfect. He would bring more to THAT role then Dane Byers would bring to the 4th line..
Posted via Mobile Device

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 02:42 PM
  #112
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,540
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I agree but I'd still rather see the Rangers sign Bergeron. (who probably would play for less)

I wouldn't be opposed to signing two depth defenseman at this point and dressing an extra defenseman over Byers.

Staal Girardi
Redden Rozsvial
Bouillon Gilroy

Bergeron as the pp specialist. Who gets screwed here? Potter and Byers, two borderline NHL players..
Posted via Mobile Device
I like that. especially because it allows them to carry one less player on the roster because Bergeron would be the 7th man on D.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 02:59 PM
  #113
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
I think our last move this offseason is going to be adding a vet d-man and I think Bouillon would be good. We either need to add a guy that can be effective on the power play or a guy that can bring a physical presence. Bouillon definitely brings a physical presence that our current D corp doesn't offer.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 04:29 PM
  #114
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
I think our last move this offseason is going to be adding a vet d-man and I think Bouillon would be good. We either need to add a guy that can be effective on the power play or a guy that can bring a physical presence. Bouillon definitely brings a physical presence that our current D corp doesn't offer.
I think a Bouillon addition is going to be the final move as well. Im almost sick of the Heatley/Brad Richards rumors, and Im prepared to go to war with what we have. Do we have holes? Sure. So do 98% of NHL rosters. A veteran D-man for the 3rd pair was one and Bouillon should fill that role nicely. Like everyone else, I would love another playmaker (preferably a center) but those are a but difficult to come by...

Callahan - Dubinsky - Gaborik
Higgins - Drury - Kotalik
Avery - Anisimov - Lisin
Brashear - Boyle - Byers

Staal - Girardi
Redden - Rozsival
Bouillon - Gilroy

Our opening night lineup should look similar to that and, to me anyways, that looks like a playoff team.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
  #115
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think a Bouillon addition is going to be the final move as well. Im almost sick of the Heatley/Brad Richards rumors, and Im prepared to go to war with what we have. Do we have holes? Sure. So do 98% of NHL rosters. A veteran D-man for the 3rd pair was one and Bouillon should fill that role nicely. Like everyone else, I would love another playmaker (preferably a center) but those are a but difficult to come by...

Callahan - Dubinsky - Gaborik
Higgins - Drury - Kotalik
Avery - Anisimov - Lisin
Brashear - Boyle - Byers

Staal - Girardi
Redden - Rozsival
Bouillon - Gilroy

Our opening night lineup should look similar to that and, to me anyways, that looks like a playoff team.
I agree, I think that is a playoff team as well.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 04:38 PM
  #116
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I agree, I think that is a playoff team as well.
Cant argue with that.

Start there and fill the holes later if possible.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 04:41 PM
  #117
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think a Bouillon addition is going to be the final move as well. Im almost sick of the Heatley/Brad Richards rumors, and Im prepared to go to war with what we have. Do we have holes? Sure. So do 98% of NHL rosters. A veteran D-man for the 3rd pair was one and Bouillon should fill that role nicely. Like everyone else, I would love another playmaker (preferably a center) but those are a but difficult to come by...

Callahan - Dubinsky - Gaborik
Higgins - Drury - Kotalik
Avery - Anisimov - Lisin
Brashear - Boyle - Byers

Staal - Girardi
Redden - Rozsival
Bouillon - Gilroy

Our opening night lineup should look similar to that and, to me anyways, that looks like a playoff team.
Are you a betting man?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 04:44 PM
  #118
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Are you a betting man?
I would bet that's it. I like it, go with it and see what happens

if they need to do something later on then fine but stick with the youth for now

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 04:49 PM
  #119
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Are you a betting man?
I was in Vegas 3 weeks ago and Atlantic City 2 weeks ago. Does that answer your question?

But honestly, I cant see the lineup being much different than that.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 04:51 PM
  #120
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'd take a 1.0 - 1.3.. one year deal.
$1.2 million is the rumored number.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 05:00 PM
  #121
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I was in Vegas 3 weeks ago and Atlantic City 2 weeks ago. Does that answer your question?

But honestly, I cant see the lineup being much different than that.
Oh I can, don't think the trade waters have settled yet, and I'll just leave it at that.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 06:32 PM
  #122
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Oh I can, don't think the trade waters have settled yet, and I'll just leave it at that.
What do you know and are not telling us you damn debil!

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 06:47 PM
  #123
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Oh I can, don't think the trade waters have settled yet, and I'll just leave it at that.
Bluenote stop it, you know people are very edgy during the off season it isn't nice to play games with them....

Who we trading for?

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 07:04 PM
  #124
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
What do you know and are not telling us you damn debil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
Bluenote stop it, you know people are very edgy during the off season it isn't nice to play games with them....

Who we trading for?
I don't know anything for certain...maybe thats why I think i'm so smart

Seriously, lets get through these next few weeks, time couldn't go any slower. But soon we'll know more than we know now, so, ya know, we got that goin' for us.

Did I side step that one good or what?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 07:14 PM
  #125
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Sign Bouillon.

Git 'er doooooone

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.