HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon takes a shot at Gainey

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
I hope he invested his money wisely (not with Earl Jones) because I have a feeling his next contract won't be as generous.
no doubt Gainey overpaid him and Dandy on there last contracts, and they should be thankful to Bob.....

the market this time wont be as generous .

Old
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
«Je suis revenu au jeu dans les séries contre Boston alors que je n'étais pas à 100%, et ce fut une erreur monumentale, a-t-il déclaré lors d'un entretien téléphonique, hier. Je n'ai vraiment pas pensé à mon affaire en acceptant de revenir au jeu comme ça. Je savais que j'allais être joueur autonome le 1er juillet, j'étais sans contrat, et j'ai accepté de jouer blessé quand même. Disons que j'y suis allé plus avec mon coeur qu'avec ma tête.»

he takes the blame for taking that decision in coming back in the playoffs

«Je peux dire que ç'a été une grosse déception quand Bob Gainey m'a dit ça, a ajouté Bouillon. Si c'était à refaire, je penserais de manière différente. J'aurais dû en parler avec mon agent avant d'aller jouer un match blessé comme ça... Je m'attendais quand même à ce que le Canadien me fasse une offre après le 1er juillet. Mais non. Je n'ai pas eu de nouvelles du Canadien, et ça aussi, ç'a été une grosse déception.»

«Quand j'entends dire qu'il y a des Québécois qui ne veulent pas venir jouer pour le Canadien, je peux vous dire que moi, c'était exactement le contraire, a-t-il poursuivi. J'étais fier de porter ce chandail-là, et j'aurais aimé faire comme les anciens joueurs, ceux qui ont passé leur carrière au complet avec le Canadien. Je me voyais comme ces anciens-là, jouer ici pendant toute ma carrière et peut-être obtenir un emploi comme ambassadeur du club par la suite. Alors, c'est sûr que je suis très déçu. Mais c'est comme ça que ça fonctionne dans le hockey d'aujourd'hui.»

He's dissapointed that he didn't get an offer from the Canadiens, what do you expect? I expect no other answer than this, he's not taking a shot at anyone, he dissapointed he didn't get an offer because he would have liked to end his career in Montreal.

Let me know where he takes a shot at Gainey because I don't see where Francis Bouillon takes a shot at Gainey
You're right...I don't think Bouillon is taking shots at Gainey, he's obviously disapointed he wasn't retained. I think it's just the way the article is spun...

Old
08-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
I don't understand why you turned the article into Bouillon takes a shot at Gainey when it's the opposite

he says he shouldn't have played hurt and that he's dissapointed that he didn't get an offer and that he was a proud member of the Canadiens, I don't know know what you want more. He doesn't say that Gainey ruined his career or whatever.
You're absolutely right. As usual, we will make a mountain out of a molehill. We will even attribute importance to the drivel emanating from CKAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
38 people before you interpreted as him taking a shot at Bob. Isnt that telling you something?
It's telling me that :
a) Posters' reading comprehension skills are generally poor, on this board, especially in french
b) Posters have formed an opinion prior to reading the article
c) Saying that Bouillon took a shot at Gainey is some posters' way of taking a shot at Bouillon.

Old
08-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
1 by 1

- the Gorges comparison was made by a caller but he completely agreed with it.
- Subban in AHL is my mistake - he said "the minors"
- He said - "will Stewart bring us a Stanley Cup more than Bouillon would have ?"
- The special press conference to thank Bouillon is 100% authentic and he said it several times.
Just to clarify though. Minors means AHL, ECHL and any other league that players are paid to play.

Minors doesn't include juniors or colleges.

I gotta ask though why you would listen to a radio show that agrees with people who make these kinds of statements.
Gorges is better than Bou
Subban never played in the minors
If we rely on Stewart (forward) or Bouillon (defenseman) types, as the main pieces to bring us a cup, than we're the Leafs
and the press conference idea is just idiotic. I can't believe anyone would want a press conference for that. This isn't Lafleur or Roy retiring, it's Bouillon not getting a contract in Montreal.

Old
08-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Habs

His size, defensive play and offense from the blueline will be missed greatly. He was always my favorite player on the team, I will miss him deeply. A very sad day for me.

Old
08-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Actually, I reread the part in which I thought him comments were directed to Bob, but it was the author who wrote the part that I thought Bouillon layed blame to Bob. The context is obviously different.

My bad FSU.

I still think Bouillon shouldnt of done this interview.

And Bill...McPhee misses you.
You're a big man, Lord Chezz. But McPhee, he's huuuuuuuge.

Old
08-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
..... The way the media built this guy up into some sort of core player who is the heart of the team was just ridiculous.
Exactly. I do think this is limited to the French media, but the way they build up these fringe french canadian players like Bouillon and Begin is beyond ridiculous.

Bouillon is a fringe NHLer and not likely to be a contributing member of a successful hockey team. I would much rather have Hal Gill on my 3rd pairing than Bouillon.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:05 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Never liked this guy anyway, he can sign with Toronto I would not care.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:08 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Whatever let him take shots. He is not special, look at Kovalev and Koivu, we let them walk and they were 100x more talented. He should realize it wasn't personal, and move on.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:19 AM
habfan4

Quote:
...I still think Bouillon shouldnt of done this interview.

And Bill...McPhee misses you.
Complaining about a decision to play with an injury in the playoffs (a routine occurrence) may not be a shot at Gainey or Canadiens' brass, but it certainly doesn't raise the Cube's stock with other general managers.

In terms of mcphee, he's enamored with AymanD now and has gotten over Gros Bill tolerably well.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
Just to clarify though. Minors means AHL, ECHL and any other league that players are paid to play.

Minors doesn't include juniors or colleges.

I gotta ask though why you would listen to a radio show that agrees with people who make these kinds of statements.
Gorges is better than Bou
Subban never played in the minors
If we rely on Stewart (forward) or Bouillon (defenseman) types, as the main pieces to bring us a cup, than we're the Leafs
and the press conference idea is just idiotic. I can't believe anyone would want a press conference for that. This isn't Lafleur or Roy retiring, it's Bouillon not getting a contract in Montreal.
Masochism ?

no ... just a one our commute at the wrong time, the T990 was talking all baseball and I can't stand that sport. Or Nascar. The non sport stations in the morning are full of people laughing at their own stupid jokes and commercials.

And besides - sometimes I do hear interesting things on CKAC. The interview with Bouillon's agent, the non hockey stuff....etc.There were even some reasonable people calling (2 in 6 I think) that just said "We love Bouillon but the team is better without him than with him" - and they got shot down pretty fast.

I have no beef with Bouillon (bad pun there) - I liked him and wish him to find a good place to play. I would cheer for him when he comes here. My beef is with the mediots trying to turn his words into a Gainey bashing fest. And they don't even do it out of personal belief but only to boost ratings.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Is it just me or Bouillon never took a shot at Gainey? Bob asked him to practice with the team...just to see...Bouillon accepted, and I guess he felt alright, and he played the game. He only said that he wouldn't have done that if he had the chance to come back in time. Did I miss something?

Old
08-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Richard Labbé is a Gainey hater anyway...This is perfect for him.

As for Bouillon, Dandenault hasn't found a job yet and he had a much better season than Franky, so doesn't mean he would have been signed by now.

Even if he hadn't gotten injured his salary would have dropped.

Labbé makes Bouillon look like a victim and Gainey like an evil boss. His article is ridiculous.
Pretty much every player is injured come PO time.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Is it just me or Bouillon never took a shot at Gainey? Bob asked him to practice with the team...just to see...Bouillon accepted, and I guess he felt alright, and he played the game. He only said that he wouldn't have done that if he had the chance to come back in time. Did I miss something?
Ya..Frank never said anything about Bob, it's Labbé that spins the article to make Gainey look bad. Surprise surprise..

Old
08-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

He shouldn't have played injured?

WTF? Wasn't that his M.O.? Being a warrior?

As if he was the only pending UFA playing hurt in the playoffs.

What a load of ********. Looks like he's scrambling for answers to re-assure himself.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
No, but I find what he said worse than taking a parting shot at management.

This guy is only in the league because of a combination of effort and the Montreal Canadiens giving him an opportunity and he says that had he known he wouldn't be getting a contract he might have chosen not to play? Not only is that comment stupid on his part, because if I were a GM and a "heart and soul" guy said that I'd think twice before signing him, but really shows a lack of gratitude to an organization that gave him a chance (actually two chances) and paid him handsomely for his services here.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:45 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Richard Labbé is a Gainey hater anyway...This is perfect for him.

As for Bouillon, Dandenault hasn't found a job yet and he had a much better season than Franky, so doesn't mean he would have been signed by now.

Even if he hadn't gotten injured his salary would have dropped.

Labbé makes Bouillon look like a victim and Gainey like an evil boss. His article is ridiculous.
Pretty much every player is injured come PO time.
Cube will play again next season, Dandenault will not be signed in NHL.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Masochism ?

no ... just a one our commute at the wrong time, the T990 was talking all baseball and I can't stand that sport. Or Nascar. The non sport stations in the morning are full of people laughing at their own stupid jokes and commercials.

And besides - sometimes I do hear interesting things on CKAC. The interview with Bouillon's agent, the non hockey stuff....etc.There were even some reasonable people calling (2 in 6 I think) that just said "We love Bouillon but the team is better without him than with him" - and they got shot down pretty fast.

I have no beef with Bouillon (bad pun there) - I liked him and wish him to find a good place to play. I would cheer for him when he comes here. My beef is with the mediots trying to turn his words into a Gainey bashing fest. And they don't even do it out of personal belief but only to boost ratings.
Ahh. Living in NW Ontario, I'm not too familiar with radio stations around Montreal. I'm not familiar with Richard Labbe either. We have CBC radio and a regional radio station that plays mostly crappy music and even crappier commercials. I'd buy a satelitte radio thingy if I liked listening to radio at all but since I don't, then what's the point. I just listen to CD's in my car.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:56 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I don't know if he's taking a shot at Gainey per se but at the same time, I don't really think these are appropriate comments to make about an organization that appeared to have treated Bouillon as well as it did. Signing him to a contract where he was clearly overpaid even though they knew he had to have knee surgery, rarely/never scratching him when it was apparent he should have been, etc.

I just don't see how complaining about playing injured in the playoffs is going to make you look more attractive to other teams.

Last edited by hototogisu: 08-11-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old
08-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

For the few games he scored a goal or did something remotely important to the turnout for the game, otherwise, I'm glad he's gone. I'm ecstatic even. I hated his resigning. I hated the fact that he was the epitome of mediocrity and the Hab's willingness to sign fringe Nhl'er to fil up this imaginary french player quota demanded by the media.

Screw Bouillon. He'll only find a job as a depth signing with good teams or 7th D on a bad one.

He was everything that was wrong with the team in the past few years. Short, limited in skill , injury prone---but oh he was a warrior. i don't care about warriors if your skill level is so marginal that you can actually hinder the team you're playing for let alone do something positive for it.

Dandenault-bouillon pairing still gives me nightmares. Glad those days are over.

Third, The article is bull, he did not take a Jab at Gainey. Biased sensationalist sport journalism, is there any other kind?

Old
08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Bouillon is clearly an *******. The guy wanted to finish his career in Montreal and is dissapointed for not doing so......how dumb can you be....

I will remember that out of a whole lot of players that played here, he was amongst the only ones who weren't afraid of anybody and that despite his size issue, he was always there to protect his teamates while others were looking away.

To bash him 'cause the guy might be frustrated to not come back is just stupid. But it is obviously impossible that he felt obligated to play despite being too injured to do so. By the way, it has nothing to do with playing with an injury. There are injuries you can play with, and some you can't. And clearly while not being ready to go, Gainey's demands told Bouillon that he could not dissapoint him by not trying.....Guess what, Bouillon might even thought at the time that if he does that, Gainey might remembered it on July 1st......so not only he had to go through a whole lot of pain, didn't get a call by Gainey but didn't get a call by anybody else until now. But let's bash Bouillon. Anyway, he's not a Hab anymore, isn't it what we do to our ex-habs? Funny how people on these boards keep bashing the Bell Centre crowd for booing our ex-players while every players that is let go or traded is suddenly viewed as crap in here....seems to me that it's almost the same thing.....you are writing it, they are expressing it....

By the way, for the record, I didn't want him back. We moved on. Let's hope that he can now for his sake.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:19 PM
RE-HABS

If Gainey hadn't picked him up on waivers a couple of years ago and then re-signed him to a long deal that guy would be riding busses in the AHL or playing in Europe.

Bob made him a millionaire, and he should be appreciative for the opportunity and shut his mouth.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Oh will I miss the Dandouillon pairing, it was the perfect combo for hours of laughs and cries watching the games with friends.

On topic, I think the shot here should be taken at Labbé, not Bouillon. While I think the smarter thing to do for Frankie would have been to go with the no comment, or a more politically phrased answer while he's still looking for an other contract, I think this is all Labbé's doing. He hates Gainey with a passion and will dig up any ounce of dirt he can find to try and make him look bad. I think his opinion's value on anything related to hockey is close to sub-zero, so when you add in the obvious bias...

Old
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bouillon is clearly an *******. The guy wanted to finish his career in Montreal and is dissapointed for not doing so......how dumb can you be....

I will remember that out of a whole lot of players that played here, he was amongst the only ones who weren't afraid of anybody and that despite his size issue, he was always there to protect his teamates while others were looking away.

To bash him 'cause the guy might be frustrated to not come back is just stupid. But it is obviously impossible that he felt obligated to play despite being too injured to do so. By the way, it has nothing to do with playing with an injury. There are injuries you can play with, and some you can't. And clearly while not being ready to go, Gainey's demands told Bouillon that he could not dissapoint him by not trying.....Guess what, Bouillon might even thought at the time that if he does that, Gainey might remembered it on July 1st......so not only he had to go through a whole lot of pain, didn't get a call by Gainey but didn't get a call by anybody else until now. But let's bash Bouillon. Anyway, he's not a Hab anymore, isn't it what we do to our ex-habs? Funny how people on these boards keep bashing the Bell Centre crowd for booing our ex-players while every players that is let go or traded is suddenly viewed as crap in here....seems to me that it's almost the same thing.....you are writing it, they are expressing it....

By the way, for the record, I didn't want him back. We moved on. Let's hope that he can now for his sake.
Oh please.

The guy is basically saying he'd rather have bailed out on his team and teammates because he's concerned about the type of money he'll be getting (and the term), when the organisation has been paying him twice what he's worth for the past 3 years.

Not to mention it kind of destroys his image of being a selfless player that gives it his all for the jersey.

Old
08-11-2009, 12:42 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Amen.
Finally an intelligent post in this thread.

Reading HfBoards often makes me want to throw my computer out of the window.

Closed Thread