HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Top 20 prospects, Fall 2009

Old
08-13-2009, 07:00 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Panthers Top 20 prospects, Fall 2009

Drew Shore debuts at No. 6 on the Panthers Top 20 list.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Panthers_Fan

It will be interesting to see where the fan board polls end up matching up to this. Seems like HF still is really high on Matthias, and Shore is higher than I expected. 2005 1st round pick Kendal McCardle at 20. Why did we have to get punished in that draft?

Panthers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
It will be interesting to see where the fan board polls end up matching up to this. Seems like HF still is really high on Matthias, and Shore is higher than I expected. 2005 1st round pick Kendal McCardle at 20. Why did we have to get punished in that draft?
I don't even have McArdle in my top 25. That draft was such BS.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 10:23 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Unless there's something i'm missing, shouldn't Jenks be in the top 20? And be rated higher than a 6.5 D (even though the HF ratings system doesn't mean anything)?

mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 12:18 AM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4dead View Post
Unless there's something i'm missing, shouldn't Jenks be in the top 20? And be rated higher than a 6.5 D (even though the HF ratings system doesn't mean anything)?
Actually, for what it's worth, Jenks' rating should be 6.5C, same as McArdle. None of ratings of the ratings for "other notables" have been officially posted as of now.

As to why he fell off the list, that's due to a couple of things. First and foremost, the increasing depth of the prospect pool. If the list continued past 20, I'd consider him 21 or 22 along with Gayduchenko.

Second, and this is my opinion, comparing the junior careers of McArdle of Jenks (to date), McArdle was more successful at that level. But ultimately Jenks, being the younger of the two, has more room to grow as a prospect. McArdle's opportunities are slipping away.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote