HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2004, 12:39 PM
  #1
hossy316
Registered User
 
hossy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kensington, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Preds

OK, I have just come to the conclusion that we cannot let no team with their arena name GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT CENTER, beat us in the standings EVER!! I am hoping so hard for the Oil to make it here baby!! The most exciting team to watch during the playoffs. If I were a Preds fan, I would be cheering for the Oilers to make it because it would be better hockey, but we all know that Preds fans are not real hockey fans. Anyways, Let's all BELIEVE!!!!

hossy316 is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 01:18 PM
  #2
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossy316
OK, I have just come to the conclusion that we cannot let no team with their arena name GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT CENTER, beat us in the standings EVER!! I am hoping so hard for the Oil to make it here baby!! The most exciting team to watch during the playoffs. If I were a Preds fan, I would be cheering for the Oilers to make it because it would be better hockey, but we all know that Preds fans are not real hockey fans. Anyways, Let's all BELIEVE!!!!
You are a :troll:

and shall be known forever from here on as a

http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/****ingmoron.html

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:04 PM
  #3
creative giant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
You are a :troll:

and shall be known forever from here on as a

http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/****ingmoron.html
Aah, lighten up. We Canadians stick together

creative giant* is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:21 PM
  #4
hossy316
Registered User
 
hossy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kensington, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
You are a :troll:

and shall be known forever from here on as a

http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/****ingmoron.html

Oh yes, that's me. You've hit it right on the head. Maybe you're a Gaylord Entertainer yourself. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

GO OIL!!!!!!!!!!!

hossy316 is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:25 PM
  #5
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossy316
Oh yes, that's me. You've hit it right on the head. Maybe you're a Gaylord Entertainer yourself. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

GO OIL!!!!!!!!!!!
you're the one who brought it up FOCKER!... :lol

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:35 PM
  #6
HellsBells
Registered User
 
HellsBells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
:lol

Gaylord Entertainment Centre. I could see if the ice was for figure skating ...... but hockey ???

HellsBells is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:39 PM
  #7
Lowetide
Registered User
 
Lowetide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
I can't work up a good hate for them. I always think of Gaylord Perry, the old HOF baseball pitcher when someone mentions the Nashville rink.

But, there's lots to like there imo. David Poile is the son of Bud Poile, one of the guys who masterminded the tremendous Flyers expansion draft. Their coach has no neck but seems like a decent fellow.

Plus half their roster is made up of guys whose hometowns are within driving distance of our own.

What's to get upset about? May the best man win.

Lowetide is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:43 PM
  #8
HellsBells
Registered User
 
HellsBells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
I can't work up a good hate for them. I always think of Gaylord Perry, the old HOF baseball pitcher when someone mentions the Nashville rink.

But, there's lots to like there imo. David Poile is the son of Bud Poile, one of the guys who masterminded the tremendous Flyers expansion draft. Their coach has no neck but seems like a decent fellow.

Plus half their roster is made up of guys whose hometowns are within driving distance of our own.

What's to get upset about? May the best man win.
Okay Dr. Phil. You're suppose to cheer for your favorite team, eh.

The Preds are a feisty team but I hate them.

IGINLA

HellsBells is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:44 PM
  #9
Martin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
I can work up a good hate for them. Observe!


St. Louis Blues: 24 years in the playoffs, and decent fan loyalty

Edmonton Oilers: Team that ultimately deserves a playoff spot, is earning their playoff spot, and has a rabid fanbase willing to sacrifice various body parts just for the chance to see 2 home games in the 1st round.

Nashville: THIRD WORST HOME-ATTENDANCE IN THE LEAGUE. Nobody watches them in the Arena. Nobody watches them on t.v. Nobody CARES about Nashville!


Any playoff series that has Nashville will make me as excited as the mediocre Tampa Bay-Washington matchup last year.

Martin is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:45 PM
  #10
hossy316
Registered User
 
hossy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kensington, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Okay Dr. Phil. You're suppose to cheer for your favorite team, eh.

The Preds are a feisty team but I hate them.

IGINLA

Doctor Phil, hahahahahahahahahaha!!! :lol

hossy316 is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:47 PM
  #11
hossy316
Registered User
 
hossy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kensington, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
I can work up a good hate for them. Observe!


St. Louis Blues: 24 years in the playoffs, and decent fan loyalty

Edmonton Oilers: Team that ultimately deserves a playoff spot, is earning their playoff spot, and has a rabid fanbase willing to sacrifice various body parts just for the chance to see 2 home games in the 1st round.

Nashville: THIRD WORST HOME-ATTENDANCE IN THE LEAGUE. Nobody watches them in the Arena. Nobody watches them on t.v. Nobody CARES about Nashville!


Any playoff series that has Nashville will make me as excited as the mediocre Tampa Bay-Washington matchup last year.

Well said. Any good hockey fan would realize that having playoff hockey anywhere in Canada is 1000 times better than having a playoff series in Nowhere Nashville. Stick to the country music.

hossy316 is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:50 PM
  #12
Lowetide
Registered User
 
Lowetide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossy316
Any good hockey fan would realize that having playoff hockey anywhere in Canada is 1000 times better than having a playoff series in Nowhere Nashville. Stick to the country music.
How on earth is having playoff hockey anywhere in Canada better than somewhere else if the Canadian team doesn't earn it?

Lowetide is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 02:56 PM
  #13
capebretonoilers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: airdrie
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
How would they not be earning it ?

capebretonoilers is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:02 PM
  #14
Martin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
lowetide, your dedication to the cause appears to be lacking! Perhaps you're not worthy of sporting the Oilers playoff-bound avatar...

Martin is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:13 PM
  #15
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
lowetide, your dedication to the cause appears to be lacking! Perhaps you're not worthy of sporting the Oilers playoff-bound avatar...
I think that's a ridiculous statement. I want the Oilers to make it in as badly as any other fan but only if they deserve to be there. If the Preds beat us out, so be it.. it's not the Nashville Predators we should be blaming, it should be the Oilers for their mediocre first 4/5's of the season.

Cerebral is online now  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:19 PM
  #16
PineJockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: E-Town
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I think that's a ridiculous statement. I want the Oilers to make it in as badly as any other fan but only if they deserve to be there. If the Preds beat us out, so be it.. it's not the Nashville Predators we should be blaming, it should be the Oilers for their mediocre first 4/5's of the season.

Well said Cerebral. A dumb thread overall - and awfully close to inappropriately biggoted.

PineJockey is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:21 PM
  #17
Martin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Oh, I'm all about the biggotry, you'll have to excuse me!


Come on, where's the passion, the intensity, the loathing of your opponent and lack of sportsmanship?! These are the (games leading up to the) playoffs man! Take no prisoners!

Martin is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:23 PM
  #18
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineJockey
Well said Cerebral. A dumb thread overall - and awfully close to inappropriately biggoted.
I agree. No point for this crap thread to even exist. This board is for intelligent discussion of all things Oiler, not for discussing the double entendre of Nashville's arena name, dissing Preds fans, and questioning Lowetide's commitment to the Oilers.


Last edited by The Rage: 04-02-2004 at 03:33 PM.
The Rage is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:31 PM
  #19
IceDragoon
Registered User
 
IceDragoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South of Sanity
Posts: 3,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
I agree. No point for this crap thread to even exists. This board is for intelligent discussion of all things Oiler, not for discussing the double entendre of Nashville's arena name (strike 1), dissing Preds fans (strike 2), and questioning Lowetide's commitment to the Oilers (steeerrriiike 3).
Yup...
Looks like three strikes to me, too.

IceDragoon is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:33 PM
  #20
hossy316
Registered User
 
hossy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kensington, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
I agree. No point for this crap thread to even exists. This board is for intelligent discussion of all things Oiler, not for discussing the double entendre of Nashville's arena name, dissing Preds fans, and questioning Lowetide's commitment to the Oilers.

Geeezzz
Sorry for us Oil fans that are dissing the Pred's fans.
Isn't that a crime, to dislike the team that you are battling with tooth and nail with to the finish. I think you boys should lighten up a little!!

hossy316 is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:36 PM
  #21
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossy316
Geeezzz
Sorry for us Oil fans that are dissing the Pred's fans.
Isn't that a crime, to dislike the team that you are battling with tooth and nail with to the finish. I think you boys should lighten up a little!!
I apologize for being more civil than mud-slinging cavemen. Trust me, these things never end well. They always turn into tiresome flame wars. I'd rather debate with intelligence and dignity.

The Rage is offline  
Old
04-02-2004, 03:37 PM
  #22
rabi_sultan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: London, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,782
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
stop flaming Predator fans on the Oilers board it makes no sense

if you have to troll, which isnt allowed, do it in the right place

im gonna close this cant see how Gaylord Entertainment Centre would be a centre for a valid debate.

rabi_sultan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.