HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Heatley to Florida

Old
08-12-2009, 01:54 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
Okay. In that case...

Horton is damaged goods. He has gone from 62 points, stagnated and to 47 points in three years. He is three seasons removed from 30 goals.

I am sorry, but you're wrong. Volchenkov is much better than you give him credit for. Also, he made 2.5 million last year, and will make the same this year, don't know where you got this "over 3 million" from.

Are you joking? Florida takes this trade, and runs away laughing.

If you really think Florida hates having big name players... wow.
Easy dude, Horton is only 24 years old. I wouldnt call him damaged goods at all. He had 31 goals as a 21 year old, and would of gotten 30 last season had it not been for injuries and him ringing them off the post at least a dozen times. The guy does have some issues going on, but like I said, he is young, and if he can put it all together, he is a 40 goal scorer in this league.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Topside

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Easy dude, Horton is only 24 years old. I wouldnt call him damaged goods at all. He had 31 goals as a 21 year old, and would of gotten 30 last season had it not been for injuries and him ringing them off the post at least a dozen times. The guy does have some issues going on, but like I said, he is young, and if he can put it all together, he is a 40 goal scorer in this league.
Don't take it personally. I think he was just demonstrating to the OP that what's good for the goose is good for the gander ie. that it's pretty disengeniuos to list all the negative characteristics of a player and disregard the fact that the positives completely outweigh all of them.

Topside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Topside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Florida is one of the few teams that still have both cap space and roster space for Heatley. Why not:

To Ottawa:
i) Horton - nice young center who is signed thru to 12/13 at an amazing cap hit of $4 million a year
ii) Stillman - 35 year old LW with a $3.5 cap hit for this year only - he become UFA this summer...his contract would have to go the other way

To Florida:
i) Heatley - we all know what they are getting and Ottawa frees themselves of a 5 year $7.5 cap hit plus a guy who doesn't want to be there
ii) Volchenkov - a solid #4/#5 d-man that Florida could definetly use and comes at a $2.5 million cap hit for this year only

In this deal, Ottaw frees up $3.4 million in cap space and then could go out and sign Comrie - which according to many sources they are wanting to do but can't do until the Heatly fiasco is dealt with. It also leaves them with a few extra centers they can go and try to trade to to upgrade on the wings...if they wish (guys like Kelly or Fisher).

Imagine the top line of Spezza-Alfredsson and a second line of Horton-Kovalev.
Why didn't you say that earlier so I could have stopped reading sooner?

Old
08-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Sens13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topside View Post
Why didn't you say that earlier so I could have stopped reading sooner?
Agree.

Sens13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Tyler Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
TERRIBLE proposal.

Heatley >> Horton
Volchenkov >>> Stillman

This is downright highway robbery by the Panthers.
this, wtf was the op thinking?

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 05:22 PM
SufferingCatFan

I cannot see Heatley returning to the Sens so he is going to be traded somewhere and, from a value standpoint, the Sens are going to get screwed, the question is simply how bad. I am sure that the Panthers are not on Heatley's wish list, but better South Beach than returning to face the justifiable anger of the Sens fans.

I am not suggesting that any of these proposals represents fair value, but how about either

Stillman, Olesz, Matthias, or
Olesz, Matthias, Ellerby, or
Stillman, Matthias, Garrison

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Topside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
I cannot see Heatley returning to the Sens so he is going to be traded somewhere and, from a value standpoint, the Sens are going to get screwed, the question is simply how bad. I am sure that the Panthers are not on Heatley's wish list, but better South Beach than returning to face the justifiable anger of the Sens fans.

I am not suggesting that any of these proposals represents fair value, but how about either

You can't see him returning, therefore he's going to get traded, therefore it's going to be for this garbage.

Try this: I can see him returning, therefore he doesn't have to get traded, therefore it won't be for crap like I'm proposing.

Old
08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
DamonDRW

the biggest problem in this trade is Volchenkov. Try to convince Ottawa to trade him for Horton straigh up. You'll get hard time explaining what Horton did compared to 280+ blocked shots and 23 minutes of defense per a single game.

DamonDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
You can't see him returning, therefore he's going to get traded, therefore it's going to be for this garbage.

Try this: I can see him returning, therefore he doesn't have to get traded, therefore it won't be for crap like I'm proposing.
Is this a riddle?

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 06:15 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:

Try this: I can see him returning as the team cancer therefore creating a divided and losing team, therefore the coach gets fired. Oh, I'm sorry that was last season. Keep Heatley and look for more of the same.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Topside

Quote:
Try this: I can see him returning as the team cancer therefore creating a divided and losing team, therefore the coach gets fired. Oh, I'm sorry that was last season. Keep Heatley and look for more of the same.
More of the same > Florida's garbage.

Old
08-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:

I agree the Sens won't get full value for Heatley, but it's gotta be at least the Edmonton package

Cogliano > Matthias
Penner > Olesz
Smid > Stillman

The Sens could have sign Stillman as a UFA 1 year ago. Didn't because of the price and term.

Those packages are almost as bad as the OP. I still prefer Cheechoo, Ehrhoff and a 1st

Quote:
If only people would talk about what they know...

Heatley is not a "cancer". He is good friend with most of his teammates. He just want to move out for personal reasons (problems with the coach, can't become captain,...)

Last season under the Sens standards had nothing to do with Heatley (was still the best scorer with 39 goals). It was more because we had Gerber as our starter and a coach with an inept offensive system. Once Gerber got buried in the AHL and Hartsburg was fired, the team played way better and had a very good record in the second half of the season... 23-14-5 in the last 42 games, that's a pace of a 100 points season...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote