HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who you don't want to play in the first round

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2004, 08:43 AM
chara

vCash: 500
Who you don't want to play in the first round

My pick: New Jersey

NJ is very business-like in the playoffs with a pile of playoff warriors with or without Scott Stevens. The Sens' work ethic has been lacking at times this year and NJ makes short work out of teams not willing to pay the price for 60 minutes.

Some might say the Leafs, but I say BRING THEM ON!!!

Old
04-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Martin

lol, I'm probably gonna have to go with NJ also. When Brodeur's on fire....

Toronto, Philly, Boston, Montreal.... none of them scare me. Bring 'em on indeed.

Old
04-01-2004, 08:56 AM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

I Don't want to play these guys:

:lol

but seriously I think we can take anyone its just a matter of how many games. I think NJ and TML would be long 7 game series but im gonna run on the blindfaithometer and say we can beat any one anywhere anytime.

Old
04-01-2004, 09:06 AM
GoethesGouda

In descending order:

New Jersey

Brodeur can win games all by himself. The Devils have also been on fire offensively.

Philly

They finally have decent goaltending. They will be really hungry to beat us because of the Sens ousting them two years in a row. They should get an emotional lift with the return of many of their players

Boston

They seem to be a team on a mission, this season. Talented power forwards who are tough to contain. Even though Raycroft is untested in the playoffs, I believe his play won't drop off in April.

Toronto

Bring 'em on! The series would only last as long as the Sens allowed. Toronto's only hope would be if Ottawa was injury and flu-ridden like they were back in February.

Old
04-01-2004, 09:19 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoethesGouda
Toronto

Bring 'em on! The series would only last as long as the Sens allowed. Toronto's only hope would be if Ottawa was injury and flu-ridden like they were back in February.
can't wait to remind you of this quote once the first round is over.

Old
04-01-2004, 09:21 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
Quote:
Philly

They finally have decent goaltending. They will be really hungry to beat us because of the Sens ousting them two years in a row. They should get an emotional lift with the return of many of their players
If I were Ottawa I would want to play the Flyers. I personally think Ottawa would make quick work of the Flyers.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
04-01-2004, 09:29 AM
GoethesGouda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67
can't wait to remind you of this quote once the first round is over.

Yeah, like Leaf fans aren't saying the same thing over at the Leafs board. If you can't take it, don't come to this board.

Old
04-01-2004, 09:47 AM
chara

In order of first round preference:

1. Montreal [This can still happen if the Sens win this weekend and the Bruins are swept in a home-and-home with the Devils]

2. Philly [We have their number]

3. Boston [This team is not playoff proven. Will they pay the price?]

4. Toronto [By game 5, the Sens will have finally worn out the Leafs. The Leafs will look like the senior citizens they are, dust off their golf clubs and stop chasing the Sens. That being said, the Leafs have a pile of warriors who know what it takes to beat the Sens. Problem is their Cup is beating the Sens. There's nothing left in the tank after that. For the Leafs to win the Cup, they shouldn't play the Sens.]

5. NJ [3 Stanley Cups in the last 9 years. They know what it takes to get to the big dance. Besides, absolutely nothing rattles Brodeur. PERIOD. And being a Canadian, I want him between the pipes come September. Lalime could learn from this guy on what it takes to be a Winner]

Old
04-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Other Dave

I can't decide whether I'd prefer to see the Sens face the Leafs or the Devils in the first round. A Sens-Leafs series would be all that and a bag of donuts, but I can probably get Devils playoff tickets here in town. And I got a birthday coming up.

Guess I'll let fate decide...

Other Dave

Old
04-01-2004, 10:24 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
We can handle the Leafs no prob if you ask me. They can beat us when our whole team has the flu or half our lineup is injured...but hey, we can do that too and we did it in a more dominant manner, with a 7-1 win.

I'm a bit weary of the Flyers tho..we have their number but they're definately better than last year.

Old
04-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:

Yeah, like Leaf fans aren't saying the same thing over at the Leafs board. If you can't take it, don't come to this board.
what in what I said makes you think I can't take it? Just said you'll be eating your words if they meet. If all fans aren't welcome here start your own board and only give the url to Sens fans.

Old
04-01-2004, 10:44 AM
GoethesGouda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67
what in what I said makes you think I can't take it? Just said you'll be eating your words if they meet. If all fans aren't welcome here start your own board and only give the url to Sens fans.
We'll see. Don't plan that first round parade down Yonge Street just yet.

Old
04-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Sting

Quote:
We'll see. Don't plan that first round parade down Yonge Street just yet.
Too late..most Leaf fans have already planned the Cup parade it seems. Apparently there's no team that can beat them. Funny stuff I say.

Old
04-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Too late..most Leaf fans have already planned the Cup parade it seems. Apparently there's no team that can beat them. Funny stuff I say.
What makes you think most Leaf fans have already planned the parade?

Old
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
as funny as Sens fans thinking no one can beat them?

Old
Martin

Guys, guys, can't we all just get along until April 7th?

Old
04-01-2004, 10:58 AM
GoethesGouda

Quote:
LOL! Yeah, it's the same story every year. I was here, in Toronto, last season when they got crushed by Philly. The silence was deafening.

Old
04-01-2004, 03:36 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
What makes you think most Leaf fans have already planned the parade?
It's funny actually...Here's the conversation I had just last night with one of my rabid Leaf fan friends.

Leaf Fan: "Sens Suck! We're having a parade down Younge street this year! Sens are nothing more than a bump in the road for the all mighty Leafs!"

Me: "Good for you! I hope you enjoy that sometime before you die. It would be nice for you guys to get some colour pictures of the Leafs with the Stanley cup!"

Leafs Fan: "Oh shut up! It's gonna happen! Where would you want the Sens to have the parade if they win? Bank? Elgin?"

Me: "Right down Younge Street BABY!"

:lol

He sat there with his mouth open for about 5 minutes...didn't say a word.

Old
04-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Murphy*

Wow! Are you a part of Menza? I've never met someone with such a high I.Q.. I mean you must be really smart to post something like this! Right? May the banana dance for your "intelligence"

Last edited by discostu: 04-02-2004 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Edited to remove originally deleted post
Old
04-01-2004, 03:37 PM
SensGod

Leaf fan you DO realize that the Leafs have like ONE less Euro on their roster right? Well...this was before the trade deadline I think. but then we traded "Euro" Rachunek for "Non-Euro" de Vries and "Euro" Schastlivy for "Non Euro" Simpson.

Get a clue...then come back here...

Sens went MIA last year? HUH? Did you forget what round the leafs went out in?

Last edited by discostu: 04-02-2004 at 07:50 AM. Reason: To Remove Deleted Post Quote
Old
04-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Methot Man
The Rhythm Methot

Leaf Fans are so ignorant - I can't believe you would post such racist crap.

*COUGH* Sundin *COUGH* Mogilny *COUGH* Kaberle *COUGH* Renberg *COUGH* Antropov *COUGH* Johansson *COUGH* Reichel *COUGH* Ponikarovsky *COUGH* Pilar - I count 9.

Leaf fans go on about our European players but forget they have as many european born players as the Sens. Typical Leaf fan - hypocrite and stupid.

Sens European players = Hossa, Alfredsson, Havlat, Bondra, Varada, Volchenkov, Chara, Prusek, Bonk (9)

Sens North American players = Redden, Phillips, de Vries, Leschyshyn, Simpson, Pothier, Smolinski, Fisher, Spezza, Schaefer, Lalime, Ray, Van Allen, White, Langfeld, Neil, Vermette (17)

Based on the logic of Leaf fans, the series will be a tie because both teams have 9 european born players. What a joke.

Leaf fans are a joke.

Old
04-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Sting

I'm taking a break from homework now, so I'll inform you on how many Europeans the Leafs have compared to the Sens.

TO:
Berg, Mogilny, Poni., Johansson, Pilar, Sundin, Renberg, Antropov, Reichel, Kaberle.
10 Europeans
3 americans

OTT:
Alfredsson, Hossa, Havlat, Bonk, Varada, Volchenkov, Chara, Bondra, Prusek
9 Europeans
3 Americans

So..what was your point? Every single european Ottawa player is a top player. I'd say 2 of the 10 the Leafs have are. (Sundin, Mogilny)

Hilarious. Please try again.

Last edited by discostu: 04-02-2004 at 07:52 AM. Reason: To Remove Quote from Delete Post
Old
04-01-2004, 06:23 PM
o-dog

Getting back to the initial topic, the team I want to see the least is Toronto. Not because it won't be a great series, and not because I'm scared of losing to them but to avoid listening to how great the Maple Leafs are the whole time even if they lose. "Just wait 'til next year!", has been and forever will be the continual cry of Leafs Nation.

Losing Nolan has lready given them excuse ammunition :troll:

Old
04-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
We can handle the Leafs no prob if you ask me. They can beat us when our whole team has the flu or half our lineup is injured...but hey, we can do that too and we did it in a more dominant manner, with a 7-1 win.
Wow, this makes complete sense.

How about the other 2 games the leafs won over the Sens, did they have the flu then?

The only time the Sens have beat the Leafs this year is when Trevor Kidd was in net. Considering this, maybe you should not be complaining about how the games were won.

Last edited by Killer 93: 04-01-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old
04-01-2004, 07:33 PM
SensGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Defender
Wow, this makes complete sense.

How about the other 2 games the leafs won over the Sens, did they have the flu then?

The only time the Sens have beat the Leafs this year is when Trevor Kidd was in net. Considering this, maybe you should not be complaining about how the games were won.
Let me reference my "Toronto Maple Leaf's Reference of Witty Sayings and Excuses"

Page 261 - Paragraph 6, Section V Subsection III:

"The regular season is meaningless"

Closed Thread