HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Bouillon

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2004, 01:36 PM
felixd

vCash: 500
Bouillon

I'm just wondering where you think Bouillon would fit into your team's defense. Me and some hab fans are in a little disagreement, and I just want to see what the rest of the leauge thinks of this guy.

Last edited by felixd: 04-02-2004 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
04-02-2004, 02:34 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I'm just wondering where you think Bouillon would fit into your team's defense. Me and some hab fans are in a little disagreement, and I just want to see what the rest of the leauge thinks of this guy.
He has lots of heart, that's for sure, but I couldn't see him higher than 6-7th on the Sens...

He couldn't be out Phillips, Redden, Chara, Volchenkov, Leschychyn.

I will admit that lately there have been some night I would have picked him over deVries, but hopefully he snaps out of it.

I guess it would be a toss-up between Simpson and Bouillon.. With Simpson's obvious (and only) advantage being his size.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
Bouillon suprised many people this year, including me. His size is the only reason he's not a top Dman in the NHL, yet he can still throw checks and play the man just as well as anyone in the league. (An example of this was last night when he laid out Brashear along the boards.) His only drawback is when he is playing against a bigger team, he is usually uneffected.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Bouillon's a decent #6 or the perfect #7. I have to say he proved me wrong at the begining of the year when I said he wouldn't be able to handle the 82 game schedule with the fireball type of game he plays at only 5'8". But that guy's a ball of muscle. Now, there's obvious limits to his abilities, mostly when it comes to clearing the crease. But his character, good decision making, quickness, feistiness, toughness and speed make him an NHLer. That guy has one big heart and is willing to drop the gloves against anyone. It's a shame to see a guy with way more skills like Hainsey, who was pegged for the #6 Dman job at the begining of the year, take it a bit too lightly and lose his roster spot to Bouillon. I hope he learned something from it. I don't like seeing Bouillon getting 20+ minutes and going sometimes against the Sundin's and Thornton's of the league because obviously heart will only bring you that far, but he can handle 15 minutes of intelligent matching and look rock solid in both ends of the ice.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:19 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He didn't fit in Nashville's

Old
04-02-2004, 03:39 PM
felixd

Hi Habs fans

In case you didn't know I wanted to hear what fans from around the leage thought about bouillon. I know you think he is the best 3rd pairing dman around.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

He'd be a top pairing D-man...in Grand Rapids.

Old
04-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
He'd be a top pairing D-man...in Grand Rapids.
ouch !! why are you so low on him?

Old
04-02-2004, 05:46 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
He didn't fit in Nashville's

Yeah, he was on OK 7 in Nashville, but he just didn't fit our needs.

Old
04-02-2004, 05:53 PM
db23

Bouillon, having a career year, and in his absolute prime, is the 6th defenceman in Montreal. Enough said. He could just as easily be in Europe or the ECHL in a year or two. With or without a lockout.

His game is limited by a lot more than his size. He takes forever to get his shot off, and it isn't much when he does. He doesn't have great mobility in his own zone, and is just run over or ignored by bigger forwards. There is nothing particularly effective or smart about his game, which is what you generally find with smaller players who overcome their size.

Old
04-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
ouch !! why are you so low on him?
Because there's simply no way he would crack the Wings healthy (hell, even semi-healthy) top 6.

Old
04-02-2004, 08:31 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Because there's simply no way he would crack the Wings healthy (hell, even semi-healthy) top 6.
Not even ahead of Jamie Rivers?

Old
04-02-2004, 09:15 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Not even ahead of Jamie Rivers?
Maybe the Jamie Rivers of yesteryear, but Rivers has been fantastic for the Red Wings. He's been physical, smart with the puck in break-out situations, and has not encountered a scenario where his lack of speed hurts him. A much improved player since his Boston and San Antonio stints.

Old
04-03-2004, 07:07 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Bouillon, having a career year, and in his absolute prime, is the 6th defenceman in Montreal. Enough said. He could just as easily be in Europe or the ECHL in a year or two. With or without a lockout.
Funny you should mention that. I was talking about that with a buddy of mine yesterday after looking at a lot of European teams on hockeyarenas.ch.vu. There are lots of smaller d-men over there, and he is quite skilled. I still say he is third line defense, but there are still problems with pairing him up. The Habs don't really have an experienced big crease-clearer (Komi might fit the bill next year) to go with him (Souray and Rivet are needed on the top two pairs right now). If he doesn't keep a major role on the team I would expect him to play in Europe rather than seek a trade. He's talor made for their game. I don't know how contracts or compensation would mess with this.

Old
04-03-2004, 07:36 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23

His game is limited by a lot more than his size. He takes forever to get his shot off, and it isn't much when he does. He doesn't have great mobility in his own zone, and is just run over or ignored by bigger forwards. There is nothing particularly effective or smart about his game, which is what you generally find with smaller players who overcome their size.

I don't think we're talking about the same player. He has a quick release, is an excellent skater and makes intelligent passes.
He plays 20-25 minutes a game on a team that is 7th in the eastern conference. His only drawback is his height. Despite his strength he can't get enough leverage to clear the crease on every occassion. Bouillon is a very good d-man - don't let his height fool you.

Old
04-03-2004, 03:39 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I'm just wondering where you think Bouillon would fit into your team's defense.
Well if we had plenty of Boullion we could go out and sign a top tier defenseman

Old
04-03-2004, 03:43 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

He couldn't be worst than Brown...

Closed Thread