HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens Turnover from Pre-season 02-03 to the Regular Season end of 03-04

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Calorissi

vCash: 500
Sens Turnover from Pre-season 02-03 to the Regular Season end of 03-04

I was looking through the Forcaster Season Preview for 2002-2003 last night and noticed that the depth chart showed 35 players.

Out of those 35 players only 19 are with the Sens or still in the Sens system.

That is a huge turnover in only two seasons.

I imagine that that rate of turnover is what is costing the Bingo Sens a chance to defend thier division crown, and it must also have contributed to the Sens looking like they lack chemistry some nights.

I hope this team can keep more consistancy in the next couple of years, because this team is so talented and well rounded now we could see the Sens stay a powerhouse for years to come.

Old
04-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Alfie#11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calorissi
I was looking through the Forcaster Season Preview for 2002-2003 last night and noticed that the depth chart showed 35 players.

Out of those 35 players only 19 are with the Sens or still in the Sens system.

That is a huge turnover in only two seasons.

I imagine that that rate of turnover is what is costing the Bingo Sens a chance to defend thier division crown, and it must also have contributed to the Sens looking like they lack chemistry some nights.

I hope this team can keep more consistancy in the next couple of years, because this team is so talented and well rounded now we could see the Sens stay a powerhouse for years to come.
The only players that saw a lot of action in 02-03 that were gone in the summer were Arvedson and Hull (minors). Other players have moved during this most inconsistent of years. Muckler kept last years team together. Given that last year we had no chemistry problems, I don't think that's it. In fact the team had a much bigger turnover in 01-02 to 02-03 and did better.

Bingo is not doing well because Ottawa their best players because of injuries and deserved promotions. Spezza and Vermette were deserving graduates. Langfeld came to Ottawa because of injury and stayed because he earned it. Guys like Kelly have come to Ottawa and got hurt. The only turnover losses were Laich and Giroux, both after the team had fallen off the pace.

I do think there's a weeding of the kids taking place but it had to be done. There's a log jam in Ottawa and you can't tell players about to hit their mid 20s that they have to stay in the organization if they don't really have a shot. Think about Giroux, getting out of Ottawa gives him a chance at an NHL career.

Closed Thread