HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-ott

Old
08-14-2009, 08:12 PM
LostMyGlasses*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post

Do you really think Vancouver can go to the cup with their present team?
The Canucks most certainly aren't going to the cup with a 7.5 million dollar winger who's burned bridges.

Look at the Canucks roster. Look at their salary cap structure. Do you think adding a 7.5 million dollar winger does the trick?

19.5 million dollars in one line? With an All Star goalie in line for a pay raise on or before July 1st?

Take the numbers into consideration. Building a well rounded team is Gillis goal, not a team based on one line, like the Senators.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
The Canucks most certainly aren't going to the cup with a 7.5 million dollar winger who's burned bridges.

Look at the Canucks roster. Look at their salary cap structure. Do you think adding a 7.5 million dollar winger does the trick?

19.5 million dollars in one line? With an All Star goalie in line for a pay raise on or before July 1st?

Take the numbers into consideration. Building a well rounded team is Gillis goal, not a team based on one line, like the Senators.
I completely agree. Unless there is some huge bloc buster sending Leclaire and Heatley+ for Luongo and the Sedins, nothings going to happen. Blockbusters don't normally happen in this fashion anyways

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kesler View Post
I appreciate your humour on the situation. It's too bad Montreal has nothing that is of value besides markov. Don't comment on a trade ever again unless you can bring a real opinion? That trade was proposed by someone who is not a Canucks fan so please ****.
wow, some people here are reallly funny...

1) Which of my quotes are you talking about?
2) Why do you talk about Montreal and Markov? What if i'm not a Habs fan?
3) My take on the "proposed package" is not a real opinion?
4) Who cares about if it is a Canucks fan who proposed that package?
5) Do you need to be gross?

And the only "humor" in my post was the "Do i understand that Heatley is not a large overpayment for Hodgson", which was an allusion to what someone else said... If you don't think it's funny, well i do

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruityPants3 View Post
Do you understand 6 is different than 2?
I assume you're talking about cash, but according to this logic... does it mean that the Isles wouldn't trade Tavares for Crosby?

Quote:
19.5 million dollars in one line? With an All Star goalie in line for a pay raise on or before July 1st?.
Didn't the Pens won the Cup lately with 17.4 million in 2 players?

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Hanson95

adding demitra makes sense for this trade

Hanson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 09:44 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
I assume you're talking about cash, but according to this logic... does it mean that the Isles wouldn't trade Tavares for Crosby?
Cash? No. the trade you were mocking was not Heatley for Hodgson. It was a 6 player package, so not that simple.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 10:08 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
I don't see many teams Heatley approves of offering much better.

In fact, I think Heatley will be tearing up Ottawa's dressing room all year long until Murray finally deals him for next to nothing to one of the remaining few teams willing to deal with the 7.5 million dollar contract and hiring the staff and personnel that Heatley likes.
That is your thinking. Logic says he scores a lot of goals and alot of points and is Pascal Leclair is the real deal and with the addition of Kovalev on the 2nd line, Ottawa could contend.

A glass man like Gaborik who has averaged over 25 missed games since the lockout and who isn't even that close to as productive when healthy got 7.5 in the open market.

There are players who are nowhere near his talent and production level like Gomez, Drury, Richards that make as much or more.

Besides, Ottawa subsidizing him already, 7.5 mill for a 50 goal 100pt player is beanuts and is in no way overpaid.

When Heatley scores 10 goals in his first 12 games his value will go up and up.

Ottawa would never trade him for next to nothing at any rate, save if he all of a sudden forgets how to score goals and make plays lol

Even if he was problematic in the room, which he has never been except a 'great' teammate IMO according to his teammates own mouths.....if he is producing in line with his talent Ottawa would still expect a valuable return.

Last edited by 4thliner*: 08-14-2009 at 10:16 PM.
4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruityPants3 View Post
Cash? No. the trade you were mocking was not Heatley for Hodgson. It was a 6 player package, so not that simple.
Uh... No, not at all, please follow this :

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...3&postcount=12
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...7&postcount=16
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...9&postcount=55

1) I was mocking the fact that the guy said (#16) Canucks wouldn't move Hodgson unless it's for a large overpayment, which Heatley should be no? Dunno how can anyone think that a real GM wouldn't trade an unproven prospect for one of the best scorers in the game, cap hit or not. Maybe they couldn't (because they are tied to the cap), but they all would if they could. I bet some of you think that the 29 other teams wouldn't pick Heatley on waivers because of his cap hit...

2) The package i was talking about was post #12. I asked an honest question, i wasn't mocking it at all. I wouldn't trade Heatley alone for that package, so adding Lee or Campoli to the deal is even worse for the Sens.

Old
08-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

1) I was mocking the fact that the guy said (#16) Canucks wouldn't move Hodgson unless it's for a large overpayment, which Heatley should be no? Dunno how can anyone think that a real GM wouldn't trade an unproven prospect for one of the best scorers in the game, cap hit or not. Maybe they couldn't (because they are tied to the cap), but they all would if they could.
Bingo. The Canucks taking on Heatley and not sending significant salary back likely means that Luongo is on the way out, either that or going with a paper thin defense. Would I trade Hodgson straight up for Heatley with no cap implications? Obviously, but that's not the case here. The Canucks can't add another $7.5M forward to the roster without downgrading significantly in another area, either the defense or letting Luongo walk. Moving Hodgson for Heatley and facing the reality of having to unload Luongo is not something I'm jumping at.

Overpayment was probably the wrong term to use, but I don't see Gillis moving Hodgson at this point for anything but the ideal trade.

Last edited by Peter Griffin: 08-15-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 01:52 PM
evgeni71

Quote:
wow, some people here are reallly funny...

1) Which of my quotes are you talking about?
2) Why do you talk about Montreal and Markov? What if i'm not a Habs fan?
3) My take on the "proposed package" is not a real opinion?
4) Who cares about if it is a Canucks fan who proposed that package?
5) Do you need to be gross?

And the only "humor" in my post was the "Do i understand that Heatley is not a large overpayment for Hodgson", which was an allusion to what someone else said... If you don't think it's funny, well i do

Are you comparing Heatley to Crosby and Malkin?

Building around two of three best players in the NHL right now is a lot different from adding a 7.5 million player to a team that already has 18.7 million tied up in 3 core players.

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 01:59 PM
ColumbusNucksFan

Quote:

Malkin's cap hit was 3.8 last year, his extension for 8.7 only came into effect on July 1st

ColumbusNucksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
If we get Demitra then Smith has to go the other please.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Canucks wouldn't move Hodgson unless it's for a large overpayment, which Heatley should be no? Dunno how can anyone think that a real GM wouldn't trade an unproven prospect for one of the best scorers in the game, cap hit or not. Maybe they couldn't (because they are tied to the cap), but they all would if they could.
I know of one GM that wouldn't, do you think the NYI would trade Tavares for Heatley? I doubt it, Hodgson is to Vancouver, to what Tavaras is to the NYI, they are obviously not going to be the same type of players when their careers are in full swing, but the 'potential' is what their respective GM's are looking to keep within their teams, especially since they dont have the super contracts as of yet. And they are centers, a super important position in the NHL for any Stanley Cup team, as any hockey fan could tell you about all the dynamic duo centermen Cup teams have had the last 10-15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Would I trade Hodgson straight up for Heatley with no cap implications? Obviously
I wouldn't know about the obvious part, as the Canucks haven't had the bonafide #1 centerman pretty much ever in their history, mostly over the hill has been's, and 2nd line centerman talent, & H. Sedin is like a 1A centerman ie not super dominant like Malkin, but very good nonetheless.

Plus the Canucks have had a couple of super scoring wingers with no centermen to help them out, and that has got them nowhere.

Point being I would take the chance on maybe getting a # 1 centerman down the line in Hodgson.

---

& I thought the Heatley rumours have moved on to the wild?

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 05:08 PM
4thliner*

I doubt Hodgson becomes even half the player Heatley is. Best case where everything works out I see him as a 2 way 60 pt guy, there are A LOT of players like that in the NHL. You can count with one hand those that can give you 50+ goals/100+ pts.

You think Canucks GM said Murray was asking for too much by just asking for Hodgson for Heatley? Get real. He more than likely wanted significant names on the NHL team in addition to their top prospect.

And no, Hodgson isn't similar to Tavares, Tavares has a much much higher ceiling if he doesn't bust and reaches his offensive potential.

Last edited by 4thliner*: 08-15-2009 at 05:27 PM.
4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
I doubt Hodgson becomes even half the player Heatley is. best case where everything worsk out I see him as a 2 way 60 pt guy, there are A LOT
We're all thrilled to have your expert analysis, any chance you can tell us who wins the cup next year as well?

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 07:30 PM
mstad101

Lu The Twins and Bernier
Heatley Spezza and Leclaire

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 07:33 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
I doubt Hodgson becomes even half the player Heatley is. Best case where everything works out I see him as a 2 way 60 pt guy, there are A LOT of players like that in the NHL. You can count with one hand those that can give you 50+ goals/100+ pts.

You think Canucks GM said Murray was asking for too much by just asking for Hodgson for Heatley? Get real. He more than likely wanted significant names on the NHL team in addition to their top prospect.

And no, Hodgson isn't similar to Tavares, Tavares has a much much higher ceiling if he doesn't bust and reaches his offensive potential.
this is like comparing Mike Richards to Dany Heatley.
one brings 50 goals, lots of baggage, and a lot of media attention
the other brings a 2 way game where he brings everything to the table. faceoffs, pk mins, pp QB, Leader,

another good one is like Modano to Linden.
both are(were) great players. BUT BOTH BROUGHT something different to the table.
which in turn made them valuable in certian aspects of the game.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Bingo. The Canucks taking on Heatley and not sending significant salary back likely means that Luongo is on the way out, either that or going with a paper thin defense. Would I trade Hodgson straight up for Heatley with no cap implications? Obviously, but that's not the case here. The Canucks can't add another $7.5M forward to the roster without downgrading significantly in another area, either the defense or letting Luongo walk. Moving Hodgson for Heatley and facing the reality of having to unload Luongo is not something I'm jumping at.

Overpayment was probably the wrong term to use, but I don't see Gillis moving Hodgson at this point for anything but the ideal trade.
Yep, Canucks wouldn't be able to trade Hodgson for Heatley unless they are able to move out some salary (Demitra, Bernier...). The thing with the Canucks is that they don't have a lot of salary dumps. They could replace Demitra by Heatley, but that would mean add 3.5M$ in salary. Maybe if they give up on Bernier too, that would go to 1.5M$ added but with 1 less player on the roster. They could stay with a 22 players roster for this season, no problem. And they have 2.6M$ of cap space actually, so in theory they could replace Demitra + Bernier by Heatley. Would work for this year. Dunno about beyond though, i see that Kesler and Luongo need extensions but didn't check farther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Are you comparing Heatley to Crosby and Malkin?

Building around two of three best players in the NHL right now is a lot different from adding a 7.5 million player to a team that already has 18.7 million tied up in 3 core players.
No just giving an example that you still can be successfull even if you have big salaries. Let's take the 2 most successfull teams in the last 2 seasons :

Detroit : 26.23 M$ tied in 4 players (2 forwards - 2 D-men)

Pittsburgh : 27.4 M$ tied in 4 players (2 forwards - 1 D-man - 1 Goalie)

Now if the Canucks add Heatley : 26.45 M$ tied in 4 players (3 forwards - 1 Goalie)

Maybe the Canucks would need to add a D-man to be more successfull... But a pure goal scorer could help them too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktrainee View Post
Malkin's cap hit was 3.8 last year, his extension for 8.7 only came into effect on July 1st
True. Forgot about that but anyway, what depht did they lose? Scuderi? Satan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHo777 View Post
I know of one GM that wouldn't, do you think the NYI would trade Tavares for Heatley? I doubt it, Hodgson is to Vancouver, to what Tavaras is to the NYI, they are obviously not going to be the same type of players when their careers are in full swing, but the 'potential' is what their respective GM's are looking to keep within their teams, especially since they dont have the super contracts as of yet. And they are centers, a super important position in the NHL for any Stanley Cup team, as any hockey fan could tell you about all the dynamic duo centermen Cup teams have had the last 10-15 years.
Tavares and Hodgson are not the same... Different players, different situation (hype over a #1 overall pick,...). There is not many prospects that wouldn't be traded to get Heatley (if the team had the cap space)... maybe Hedman....

Old
08-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Spamhuis

If canucks add a big salary it has to be a D-man

Spamhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 05:24 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Players from VAN that I think Murray would be interested in:

Kevin Bieksa
Shane O'Brien
Pavol Demitra (for cap space)
Steve Bernier
Alex Burrows
Mason Raymond
Michael Grabner (not sure if he's someone Murray would target, but he seems the most likely prospect to be traded, as Hodgson and Schoeder aren't going anywhere)

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Players from VAN that I think Murray would be interested in:

Kevin Bieksa
Shane O'Brien
Pavol Demitra (for cap space)
Steve Bernier
Alex Burrows
Mason Raymond
Michael Grabner (not sure if he's someone Murray would target, but he seems the most likely prospect to be traded, as Hodgson and Schoeder aren't going anywhere)
The canucks aren't interested in Heatley anymore Murray was asking for to much.

Ronaldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 06:00 PM
keslehr*

No way in hell.

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

This has probably already been said but

Bieksa >> Smid
Burrows > Cogliano (at least right now)
First >>> Penner

Even with Ottawa paying the 4 million this deal does not represent the current value of Heatley. If Ottawa was presented a type of deal that has a top 4 defensman, Top 6 foward and a first Heatley would already be gone.

Even with the 4 mill being paid this deal is huge over payment from Vancouver

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 01:35 AM
KesseltoLupul

Burrows
Demitra
Bieksa
1st

for

Heatley
Lee
Smith

Samuelsson - Sedin - Sedin
Heatley - Kesler - Bernier
Raymond - Wellwood - Hansen
Hordichuk - Johnson - Rypien

Mitchell - O'Brien
Salo - Elder
Lee - Smith

Luongo

Demitra - Spezza - Kovalev
Burrows - Fisher - Alfredsson
Winchester - Kelly - Foligno
Ruutu - Shannon - Neil

Kuba - Bieksa
Phillips - Volchenkov
Campoli - Picard

Leclaire

FAIR??

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 01:38 AM
eklunds source

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Burrows
Demitra
Bieksa
1st

for

Heatley
Lee
Smith

Mitchell - O'Brien
Salo - Elder
Lee - Smith

Luongo

Ruutu - Shannon - Neil

Kuba - Bieksa
Phillips - Volchenkov
Campoli - Picard

Leclaire

FAIR??
Fair value? Probably. Not a hope in hell it would happen though.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Burrows
Demitra
Bieksa
1st

for

Heatley
Lee
Smith

Mitchell - O'Brien
Salo - Elder
Lee - Smith

Luongo

Ruutu - Shannon - Neil

Kuba - Bieksa
Phillips - Volchenkov
Campoli - Picard

Leclaire

FAIR??
Fair deal yea but in my opinion the canucks roster is better the way it is right know
D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Samulsoun-Kesler-Demitra
Raymond-Hodgson-Bernier
Rypien-Johnson-Hordichuck

Bieksa-Edler
Salo-Michell
SOB-XXX
Luongo
Compared to