HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-ott

Old
08-17-2009, 04:41 AM
Qvist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSenators11 View Post
With the recent news of Vancouver maybe being a player in the Heatley trade, I think this would be A fair offer.

To VAN: (7.5 MIL)
Heatley

To OTT: (5.75 MIL)
Alexandre Burrows
Kevin Bieksa
1st Round '10

Fair Value?

I know that Canucks fans may think Heatley is worth less, but chances are that Heatley outscores them both next year.

Imagine

Heatley-Sedin-Sedin
That sounds a lot better to me than the package Ottawa accepted from Edmonton.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:50 AM
SharksDownUnder

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to SharksDownUnder
Heater - Demiter + Raymond & Grabner

Ottawa: Heatley 7.5 + JSmith 2.6 = 10.1

Canucks: Demitra 4.0 + Raymond .883 + Salo 3.5 + Gradner + 2nd Round = 8.33

Cap Savings for Ottawa = 1.8

Ottawa gets a bit of a lift from the youth with a LWr Raymond to replace Demitra. Grabner has gained significant upside this last year with a strong playoff. Salo gives them more punch from the backend with some offense.

Vancouver, gets a true sniper for the TOP 6 and powerplay - could look lethal with the twins if they can establish chemistry. Not sure if it would work out since Daniel and Danny are both lefty's - but his lazer shot would be a dangerous target on the PP. Smith would replace some of the leadership that we lost with Ohlund as he's a warrior - aging but a bit more durable than Salo and would be a good pairing for the sixth Dman. Canucks have to make a room for Hansen in their lineup as he's got more upside than Grabner it might seem?

Not sure if Eminger would come to Vancouver for 1.6m x 1 yr???... to play himself into a Top 4 pairing with Smith nearing his end... but he's had alot of trade winds that if he could settle... it might be good.

Sedin - Sedin - Sameulsson = 14.7
Heatley - Kesler - Bernier = 10.25
Burrows - Hodgson - Hansen = 4.25
Hordie - Johnson - Rypien = 2.25
Wellwood = 1.2

Edler - Smith = 6.1
SOB - Bieksa = 5.35
Mitchel - Eminger = 5.1

Luongo = 6.75
Raycroft = .5

Total = 55.25 + 1.2 = 56.45 (.35 Cap Space assuming Hodgson sticks with the club... of which - I'd expect Wellwood to be either traded or waived so we'd get 1M or so back)

The more I look at this... it wouldn't fit the Canucks to mess up the MONEYBALL philosophy and they'd be way too strapped for cap space with resigning Kesler, Luongo and Mitchel. I'd be more tempted to trade Hansen and/or Bernier + a 2nd draft pick for Kessel. He's a young offensive threat with a really nice shot - might give us a good second option for the twins?

Last edited by SharksDownUnder: 08-17-2009 at 10:16 AM.
SharksDownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksDownUnder View Post
Ottawa: Heatley 7.5 + JSmith 2.6 = 10.1

Canucks: Demitra 4.0 + Raymond .883 + Salo 3.5 + Gradner + 2nd Round = 8.33

Cap Savings for Ottawa = 1.8

Ottawa gets a bit of a lift from the youth with a LWr Raymond to replace Demitra. Grabner has gained significant upside this last year with a strong playoff. Salo gives them more punch from the backend with some offense.

Vancouver, gets a true sniper for the TOP 6 and powerplay - could look lethal with the twins if they can establish chemistry. Not sure if it would work out since Daniel and Danny are both lefty's - but his lazer shot would be a dangerous target on the PP. Smith would replace some of the leadership that we lost with Ohlund as he's a warrior - aging but a bit more durable than Salo and would be a good pairing for the sixth Dman. Canucks have to make a room for Hansen in their lineup as he's got more upside than Grabner it might seem?

Not sure if Eminger would come to Vancouver... to play himself into a Top 4 pairing with Smith nearing his end... but he's had alot of trade winds that if he could settle... it might be good.

Sedin - Sedin - Sameulsson
Heatley - Kesler - Bernier
Burrows - Hodgson - Hansen
Hordie - Johnson - Rypien

Edler - Smith
SOB - Bieksa
Mitchel - Eminger

Luongo
Raycroft
I think Salo is probably too valuable to Vancouver for them to do this. As a Sens fan I say yes for sure, though

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote