HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

09-10 Rampage season

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
PHX FireBirds18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Nickel View Post
I plan on doing a full team end of season report card and would be happy to post here if there is interest. I can also answer any questions anyone might have. I'm no expert by any means, but I watch all the little things that few notice. I guess I'm just a nerd like that.
Thanks for the post. I think I can speak for everyone that your season report card would be much appreciated. Thank for the updates all season long. Next year I think you will possibly see an influx of talented blueliners coming to san antonio, Goncharov, Summers, OEL. I'm not sure what these guys contracts are but they are all very capable of moving the puck.

Old
04-07-2010, 05:03 PM
XX
He's a good guy

Depending on what happens with Z, OEL or Goncharov might bypass the AHL completely. I expect Summers to be there next season.

Old
04-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
My weekly check in:

Summers has looked very good in the 2 games I have seen him play. Very steady and confident in his own end and sharp, quick outlet passes out of his zone. The passes are what we need. We have a bunch of defensemen who just aren't very good at getting the puck moving out of their own end. Whether it be confidence (Schlemko) or low IQ (Heshka), it needs to get fixed soon. Too many times these guys delay the pass and allow the forecheckers to force a turnover or the opponents get back to set up their defense.

Sidenote: Coach Edwards, please for my sake, stop putting Schlemko and Heshka on a pairing together. It's just not smart.

For all the talk about Turris' frame, I don't see the fuss. Yes, he could add mass and he struggles at times with battles along the boards or getting forced off the puck, but he is also the best player on the team with the puck. He uses his body to shield the opponent extremely well and his vision is top notch. He is also deadly behind the net. Whether setting up teammates or creating chances for himself. I just don't see the big deal after watching him all season.

Boedker needs another year in the AHL. He is a slick skating, speedy guy, but still has a lot of developing to do. He gets caught out of position too much, makes some bad decisions re: passes, and just needs some more time. It doesn't help that he has been rotating linemates almost the whole season. A season with a steady NHL caliber prospect a la MacLean/Turris would do him a lot of good IMO.

Picard is nothing like a cherry picker at all. He plays all out and crashes the night like no player I have seen for this team in 4 years. He backs down from no one, plays with reckless abandon and has a great finishing touch as well. I don't know how well his game translates to the NHL where everyone is bigger and faster, but he is fun to watch and I hope he comes back.

I plan on doing a full team end of season report card and would be happy to post here if there is interest. I can also answer any questions anyone might have. I'm no expert by any means, but I watch all the little things that few notice. I guess I'm just a nerd like that.
Thanks for the insight. You see these players a hell of a lot more than I do so your take is appreciated.

Old
04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Lookin forward to it.

Old
04-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Kaizen

So who gets called up for press-box eats and spot duty once the Rampage season is done?

I'll start the bidding with Turris and Maclean.

Old
04-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Coyote_Fan

Turris needs to be sent to train with the Cardinals. John Lott is a beast!

Old
04-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Jessica
13 year STH

vCash: 381
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
So who gets called up for press-box eats and spot duty once the Rampage season is done?

I'll start the bidding with Turris and Maclean.
I'll add Schlemko

Old
04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Watching the NCAA Championship game. I really wish Turris would have just stayed at Wisconsin. Seeing how Geoffrion and McDonagh have grown physically and playing so well in this game, it would have been interesting to see what happened in that program.

Old
04-11-2010, 02:29 AM
lanky

Is it possible that all these prospects play some games for the Rampage next year?

Ahnelov
Ross
Summers
OEL
Goncharov
Stone

The HF Junior Season Review article stated very plainly that Stone will be pro next season, and the HF Euro Prospects article a little while ago suggested that Goncharov will play Rampage if he doesn't make the bigs. Maybe one of these guys makes the bigs, and maybe OEL stays in Sweden for another year, but that just seems like a lot of prospects to be developing at one time. Put one in the ECHL?

Old
04-11-2010, 06:35 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Is it possible that all these prospects play some games for the Rampage next year?

Ahnelov
Ross
Summers
OEL
Goncharov
Stone

Put one in the ECHL?

Sure, I pick Ross.

Old
04-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Summers scored the first professional goal of this career for the Rampage. Let's hope it's the first of many.

Old
04-11-2010, 11:14 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Turris looked very good as well. He confirmed the story about him eating cheescake every night during the first intermission.

If Turris does start in the AHL next year, he certainly won't finish there. He's taken a huge step forward in his development this year. I'd love to see the team hook him up with Gary Roberts as he did wonders for Stamkos last year.

Old
04-11-2010, 11:57 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Turris looked very good as well. He confirmed the story about him eating cheescake every night during the first intermission.

If Turris does start in the AHL next year, he certainly won't finish there. He's taken a huge step forward in his development this year. I'd love to see the team hook him up with Gary Roberts as he did wonders for Stamkos last year.
I was highly considering sending GMDM a letter saying just that.

Old
04-11-2010, 12:04 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
I was highly considering sending GMDM a letter saying just that.
We should hire Roberts full time as our off-season player development coach.

Old
04-11-2010, 12:07 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
We should hire Roberts full time as our off-season player development coach.
That would be a great move....lets get the gears rolling on this one. He did wonders for Stamkos...with all the young players this organization has it would be awesome.

Old
04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post

Ahnelov
Ross
Summers
OEL
Goncharov
Stone

The HF Junior Season Review article stated very plainly that Stone will be pro next season, and the HF Euro Prospects article a little while ago suggested that Goncharov will play Rampage if he doesn't make the bigs. Maybe one of these guys makes the bigs, and maybe OEL stays in Sweden for another year, but that just seems like a lot of prospects to be developing at one time. Put one in the ECHL?
Its gonna be an awfully deep blue line in SA.

http://theahl.com/stats/roster.php?s...30&team_id=331

I count nine bodies before OEL and Goncharov are added to the mix. One or both of them (moreso OEL) might be better served spending another season at home.

GMDM and Treliving might also want to look at moving a body or two. Organizational depth is something the long suffering faithful have never been able to boast about -its what we call a high quality problem.

Old
04-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Jessica
13 year STH

vCash: 381
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Turris got hurt at the end of the game tonight. He has a seperated shoulder, to the extent I do not know.

Old
04-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Kaizen

Bad news on Turris - so much for the press box eats.

Tough to pack on pounds when you're rehabbing.

Old
04-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Kaizen

I wonder if Willy Desjardins would still rebuff the organization's interest if the braintrust decides to replace the coaching staff in San Antonio?

Old
04-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Anybody who is interested in how Summers is doing, I suggest you watch this video. When they begin to show the game highlight, he opens up the game with a solid hit, at around the 2:22 mark, he skates in beautifully and puts in a backhander.
Also, Turris scores

He finished the season with
76gp 24g 39a 63pts. Good numbers

Old
04-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
where do you guys think Bødker will be playing next season?

Old
04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Kate

Anyone else going to be going through BIG TIME hockey withdrawls? Because I am. I'm sad sad sad the season is over. At least we beat Houston yesterday. I don't like the Aeros, and I REALLY don't like their cheezy fans.

Old
04-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Anyone else going to be going through BIG TIME hockey withdrawls? Because I am. I'm sad sad sad the season is over. At least we beat Houston yesterday. I don't like the Aeros, and I REALLY don't like their cheezy fans.
root for former Rampage Yandle and the rest of the Coyotes?

Old
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
root for former Rampage Yandle and the rest of the Coyotes?
I'll for sure do that, but I'm talkin' local. I can't go to Yotes games. I can go to Rampage games and did every weekend practically. It's going to be weird waiting for another 6 months to see a game again. In San Antonio, there's the Spurs, the Spurs and the Spurs (oh yeah, and the Silver Stars-women's basketball-bigger yuck). I'm NO basketball fan. When the Coyotes are on the NHL Network, I'll be sure to watch and root for them!!

Old
04-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
I'll for sure do that, but I'm talkin' local. I can't go to Yotes games. I can go to Rampage games and did every weekend practically. It's going to be weird waiting for another 6 months to see a game again. In San Antonio, there's the Spurs, the Spurs and the Spurs (oh yeah, and the Silver Stars-women's basketball-bigger yuck). I'm NO basketball fan. When the Coyotes are on the NHL Network, I'll be sure to watch and root for them!!
Do you have Versus?

Closed Thread