HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

09-10 Rampage season

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Jessica
13 year STH

vCash: 381
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
There is also the Missions which is baseball, I don't mind going to those games during the summer. As it is a way to pass the time while waiting for the season to start again.

This is nothing new with the Rampage having a long off season. I'm kind of used to it since we have only been to playoffs twice in the 8 years they have been around.

I for sure will be watching the Coyotes make their playoff run...you can't forget Winnik, he used to play for the Rampage as well.

Schlemko, Perrault, and a few other Rampage players will be there in Phoenix as well during the playoffs...but in the stands watching.

Old
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
where do you guys think Bødker will be playing next season?
At present, it looks like he'll start in San Antonio next year, and I'd guess he spends the whole year there.

Old
04-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Do you have Versus?
Yes I do. I guess they'll be showing the game on that channel?

Old
04-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Jessica
13 year STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Yes I do. I guess they'll be showing the game on that channel?
They will be showing the first 2 will be on Versus and the 3rd will be on NBC. The 4th will be airing on FSA and TSN.

Old
04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
I'll add Schlemko
I'll raise you with Boedker, Perrault, Picard, Montoya and Tordjman.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/transact...me=nhl-coyotes

Old
04-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Jessica
13 year STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
I'll raise you with Boedker, Perrault, Picard, Montoya and Tordjman.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/transact...me=nhl-coyotes
makes me wonder why they recalled both Tordjman and Montoya.

Old
04-14-2010, 01:42 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
In case catastrophe strikes if both Bryz and Barbs go down, I guess. That, and to enjoy the whiteout & nachos.

Old
04-14-2010, 01:42 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Maybe they wanted them to get some extra skating in before they went on vacation.

Old
04-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Jessica
13 year STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX
In case catastrophe strikes if both Bryz and Barbs go down, I guess. That, and to enjoy the whiteout & nachos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18
Maybe they wanted them to get some extra skating in before they went on vacation.
Never know...

Old
04-14-2010, 06:10 AM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Maybe for some goalie lessons? Maybe for some inspiration that that could be them if they get their act together? I doubt if those are the reasons, but I could wish...

Old
04-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Kaizen

Quote:
To give Bryz some rest. The SA boys can tend the twine for practises.

Is Montoya even back on the ice?

Old
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Kaizen

John Anderson for coach?

Old
04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
zz

I think it's a great motivational tool. Have the kids see what it's like to be a winning team in the NHL. Make them hungry to be part of the action. Make them feel valued and give them something to work for.

Make them feel like they're part of the pack?

Old
04-15-2010, 06:06 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Turris got hurt at the end of the game tonight. He has a seperated shoulder, to the extent I do not know.
Quote:
Bad news on Turris - so much for the press box eats.

Tough to pack on pounds when you're rehabbing.
I saw Turris, Maclean, Perrault, and Montoya at Kabuki before the game. Kyle had his arm in a sling, and he was eating a big slice of cheese cake after seeing him eat a decent amount of sushi. It made me laugh.

Old
04-15-2010, 01:55 PM
RABBIT
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I saw Turris, Maclean, Perrault, and Montoya at Kabuki before the game. Kyle had his arm in a sling, and he was eating a big slice of cheese cake after seeing him eat a decent amount of sushi. It made me laugh.

creeeeeeperrrrrrr

Old
04-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Kaizen

Quote:
John Anderson for coach?
Or Randy Cunneyworth?

What is the consensus - will the brainstrust and/or new ownership be looking to re-vamp the minor league coaching ranks?

Edwards did OK but is OK good enough?

Old
04-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Jessica
13 year STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post

Not good when his arm is in a sling, but then again hopefully it is just for a little bit of time.

Old
04-15-2010, 05:41 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post

creeeeeeperrrrrrr
I actually caught Perrault out of the corner of my eye after using the bathroom. Sat down back at my table and took another gander to see who else was sitting with him. When we were getting up to leave I glanced other there one more time, and Turris was the only one who ordered dessert. I thought it was funny.

Old
04-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
Sushi?

Bust.

Old
04-15-2010, 09:53 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Sushi?

Bust.
Well I guess I really didn't see what his main course was, but the place isa Japanese restaurant. Look at the bright side. If he had the Terriyaki chicken which is what my dad had, there was two grilled chicken breasts on there. Maybe there is hope

Old
04-22-2010, 12:35 PM
RampageNate
HFB Partner

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
I will attempt, with my very amateur and untrained eyes, to evaluate how each member of the San Antonio Rampage performed this past season. The first number is his offensive ranking, the second is defensive ranking, and the 3rd is overall. I will average the two together to get a rough number. It may get bumped up or down a half a point to a point for certain intangible aspects of their games. The scale is 1-10 with 5 being average.

Quote:
Defense:
#2 Nick Ross (0g-2a-2pts -11 in 47 Games)
Off (2) Def(6) Int (+.5) Overall 4.5
-Little to no offensive game at all. Struggled at times to get out of his own end. No shot at all. No accuracy and little speed on his shots. Inconsistent defensively, looking overmatched at times while playing positionally sound and physical at others. I did, however, see a marked improvement over the course of the season. Bumped him up .5 for the improvement and the fact that this was his first full season in professional hockey.

#6 David Schlemko (5g-26a-31pts -4 in 55 Games)
Off (8) Def (5) Overall 6.5
-Solid offensive threat from the blue line. Good vision and decent puck handler. Nice shot from the point and steady PP performer. Struggled at times defensively. Routinely was beat to spots and had some trouble turning around on dump ins leading to opposing teams maintaining possession deep in our zone. Tendency to chase and had a problem with vacating the front of his cage. Very skilled at getting back to break up odd man rushes.

#7 Jeff May (2g-4a-6pts -8 in 46 games)
Off (4) Def (7) Overall 5.5
-Surprisingly good in his own end. Can play a little too agressively at times leading to missed checks. Not afraid of contact and will mix it up if needed. Very sound postionally and strong as an ox. No offensive game to speak of. Missed several weeks down the stretch with a knee injury.

#8 Sean Zimmerman (2g-7a-9pts +13 in 72 games)
Off (5) Def (9) Overall 7
-Excellent defensive player. Never out of position, wins a lot of battles, and great with the stick. Showed a ton of fire late in the season sticking up for teammates. Quietly one of the best players on the team. Won’t ever do much offensively, but has a deceptive shot. Hard and accurate. Just didn’t get a ton of chances to display it being on the “defensive pairing” all season with May or Summers. Now property of Vancouver. I have heard rumors that Phoenix would like him back. He is a RFA, so doubtful but we shall see.

#14 Chris Summers (1g-0a-1pts +2 in 6 games)
INC.
-Came for the final 2 weeks after UM’s season ended. Wasn’t going to include him but the kid really impressed me on both ends. Outstanding defensively and very comfortable moving the puck and working the blue line in the offensive zone. I really look forward to a full season with him anchoring the blue line.

#24 Jonas Ahnelov (0g-1a-1pt -1 in 11 games)
Inc.
Another lost season. Looked steady and ready to be a top pairing d-man before his injury.

#26 Shaun Heshka (7g-26a-33pts -13 in 73 games)
Off (8) Def (4) Overall 6
-Shaun quickly developed into my whipping boy this season. Very good offensively with a great shot. Good passer and decisive with the puck (once he gets out of his own zone). A great asset on the power play. Now the bad, Shaun was a defensive trainwreck this season. Bad decisions in his own end, no aggression, and 2 instances of scoring into his own net. The talent is there. The head and heart seem to be lagging behind. There were way too many times I wondered if he was even paying attention to what was happening while he was scrambling around in his own end. The only reason he got a 4 is because he made just outstanding plays defensively a handful of times that could have saved goals.

#37 Sean Sullivan (12G-37a-49pts -7 in 77 games)
Off (9) Def (6) Overall 7.5
-Top pairing AHL defenseman. Not sure if the game translates to the next level though. Could be another Brendan Bell or Travis Roche type. Very very good offensively as his numbers indicate. Good PP player and decent on the PK. Defensively sound but not anything special. Has a tendency to pinch at bad times. Good in his own end but tends to drift sometimes leaving his man all alone in the crease. Overall, a solid solid player.

Others…
I decided not to rate the Anaheim guys (Bickel, Festerling, etc) or the guys who played in less than 5 games. Just not enough info.
Forwards and Goalies coming...

Old
04-22-2010, 01:42 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I always enjoy hearing from the people who are watching the games. Thanks to all of you.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:46 PM
RampageNate
HFB Partner

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
#4 Joel Perrault (17g-19a-36pts -3 in 47 games)
Off (8) Def (5) Overall 6.5
-An enigma. An uber talented player that disappears for long stretches. 50% of the time he looks bored and uninterested. But then he will amp up his game and take over. Known for his clutch goals. Kind of blows off the whole defense thing. Probably a career AHL’er and probably gone.

#9 Alexandre Picard (9g-6a-15pts +2 in 16 games)
Off (9) Def (7) Overall 8
-Just a fantastic acquisition. I was worried when Chad Kolarik was traded because I didn’t know if his passion and fire could be replaced. Alex replaced it and then some. He plays hard and fast and is like a pinball out there. He attacks the net, shows no fear, and doesn’t back down from anyone. Good forechecker and solid on the back check. Just a really good and fun hockey player.

#10 Stefan Meyer (10g-8a-18pts -9 in 67 games)
Off (5) Def (6) Overall 5.5
-He works his butt off. Gritty player that irritates just enough and has a little bit of touch. Gets into the corners and does the dirty work. Not the most talented player but players like him are a necessary member of any hockey team.

#11 Ryan Hollweg (4g-6a-10pts -11 in 53 games)
Off (4) Def (5) Int. (+1) Overall 5
-Another hard worker. Can play very dumb at times though. Seemed to reel it in after getting suspended for fighting after the game was over (the game Ireland was fired). Best PK’er on the squad. Showed no fear in blocking shots, which ultimately ended his season early after a Stars shot from the point broke his jaw. Gets a +1 on intangibles for PK ability, leadership, and the best mustache in hockey.

#13 Jared Staal (0g-1a-1pt +1 in 5 games)
Inc.
-Not enough info. Plays hard, but seems a little slow. Think he could make a decent AHL’er.

#15 Matt Watkins (12g-10a-22pts +2 in 51 games)
Off (7) Def (8) Int. (+.5) Overall 7.5
-Great 3rd or 4th line type player. Scores a lot of those “ugly” goals. Cleans up the mess in front and very good with getting the goalies kitchen and screening or deflecting shots. A very good campaign for this rookie.

#16 Gavin Morgan (8g-9a-17pts -5 in 60 games)
Off (5) Def (7) Int. (+.5) Overall 6.5
-Another leader type. Grinder, with a little bit of a scoring touch. Not very fast but works hard. Feisty little guy too. Likes to hit and likes to drop the gloves when the time calls for it. Bumped up for his leadership. All signs point to a retirement.

#17 David Spina (6g-11a-17pts -4 in 26 games)
Off (6) Def (4) Overall 5
-Another injury plagued season for the exciting diminutive one. I’m beginning to think his body type and playing style will work against him his entire career. Skates hard and fast. Sometimes has issues with his hands. Pucks can get slippery on him. Really hard to guage his season. I think he was just starting to get going and the season was over.

#19 Brett MacLean (30g-35a-65pts +13 in 76 games)
Off (9) Def(7) Overall 8
-Awesome. Just a great player. Big kid with great hands and a good shot. He is excellent around the net and cleans up those loose pucks and rebounds with the best of them. Has a great wraparound backhand shot as well. Needs some work on defense, but his size and skill are an asset defensively. He did seem to fade a bit towards the end of the season and, at times, looked disinterested after the team was eliminated from playoff contention.

#20 Josh Lunden (0g-2a-2pts -3 in 8 games)
Off (4) Def (6) Overall 5
-Not a whole lot of info. Big kid. Decent skating ability and a BIG hitter. Typical 4th line guy.

#22 Jeff Hoggan (13g-20a-33pts -9 in 70 games)
Off (5) Def (6) Overall 5.5
-Somewhat disappointing this season. Struggled defensively and was stuck getting 3rd line minutes for the better part of the season. Seemed to really pick it up at the end of the season.

#44 Francis Lessard ( 2g-2a-4pts -11 in 61 games)
Off (2) Def (5) Int. (+1) Overall 4
- Little to no skill. But bless his heart, he plays all out the entire time he’s on the ice. And he does his one job well. He’s a goon and a damn good one. He protects his players. He does take a lot of stupid penalties, but he drew his fair share as well.

#48 Colin Long (2g-2a-4pts -4 in 29 games)
Off (3) Def (6) Overall 4.5
-Concussion symptoms cut his rookie campaign short. Hard worker and you can see flashes of what’s to come. Needs to work on his defensive game.

#89 Mikkel Boedker (11g-27a-38pts -19 in 64 games)
Off (8) Def (4) Overall 6
-Mikkel drew my ire early on. Most skilled skater on the team. Great passer. Shot is as inaccurate as they come. It seems he’s better when he’s on the move as opposed to having space or one timing his shots. Still very exciting to watch offensively. Made me say “wow” at least 2 dozen times (both good and bad). Defensively, he needs a LOT of work. Slow getting back. Relies to much on his stick instead of using the body and needs to work on positioning.

#91 Kyle Turris (24g-39a-63pts +6 in 76 games)
Off (9) Def (8) Overall 8.5
-Just a fantastic hockey player overall. Best player on the team with the puck in space. Absolute sniper shot and a very hard worker. Got a bit of a mean streak as the season wore on. Seems as though he got tired of getting pushed around, cross checked after whistles, and face washed constantly. A lot is said about his frame, but to my eye, he seemed to get stronger and win more battles as the season went on. He gets knocked down a lot, but has an uncanny ability to maintain possession while getting up. Very crafty. Solid defensively. Not spectacular but doesn’t make glaring mistakes. Oh, and his shootout goals are SICK!
Consider the Forwards "The Good", the defense "The Bad", and the goalies "The Ugly".

Goalies comin up.

Old
04-22-2010, 02:02 PM
RABBIT
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Nickel View Post
Consider the Forwards "The Good", the defense "The Bad", and the goalies "The Ugly".

Goalies comin up.
Awesome job! you really give great information. I don't want it to seem as though I am picking favorite, but I reaallly enjoyed reading about Maclean and Turris

Old
04-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Jessica
13 year STH

I read Gavin Morgan was going to retire, I think it was in the local newspaper.

It is true about Zimmerman, Phx has told him they would like him back. I know he would like to be back, but who can blame him with resigning with Vacouver if they offer him more money.

Closed Thread