HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NorthEast Week...

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Quantas

vCash: 500
NorthEast Week...

aka Put Up or Shut Up, Do or Die, Prove Your Mettle etc.

Seeing as how this week is going to go a long way to determine who takes the division (Bruins' board already has a sticky for the game tomorrow ), I thought I'd startup a thread for it (Mods, can you make it sticky?).

Here's how the week shapes up:

<TABLE id=AutoNumber1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 height=318 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width="20%" height=19></TD><TD align=middle width="20%" height=19>OTTAWA (93 pts, 3rd) @</TD><TD width="20%" height=19></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="20%" height=95>MARCH 23</TD><TD align=middle width="20%" height=95>BOSTON(97 pts, 1st)

(SPORTSNET)

</TD><TD align=middle width="20%" height=95>TAMPA BAY vs

TORONTO

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="20%" height=57>MARCH 24</TD><TD align=middle width="20%" height=57>-</TD><TD align=middle width="20%" height=57>BUF vs MON (TSN)

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="20%" height=95>MARCH 25</TD><TD align=middle width="20%" height=95>MONTREAL (90 pts, 4th) (SPORTSNET)

</TD><TD align=middle width="20%" height=95>TORONTO vs

BOSTON

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="20%" height=48>MARCH 27</TD><TD align=middle width="20%" height=48>TORONTO (94 pts, 2nd) (CBC)

</TD><TD align=middle width="20%" height=48>MONTREAL vs

BOSTON

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

All four NorthEasters play one another this week, don't you just love it ! If by some miracle the Sens sweep it, they'll have the division lead with a week to go. It's a big if, but the Sens raise their play when facing good competition so this should be a good week to see how they compare to their competition.

All the travelling aside, I really like their schedule. I much rather they face good competition heading into the playoffs than teams long out of it.

I'll update the stats as the week goes by.

Last edited by Quantas: 03-23-2004 at 09:46 PM.
Old
03-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Quantas

Alright, let's hear some predictions, how well do you know your team?

I say:

Sens beat Boston 4-2
Sens tie Habs 2-2
Sens beat Toronto 3-1

Old
03-22-2004, 07:21 PM
gbl1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantas
Alright, let's hear some predictions, how well do you know your team?

I say:

Sens beat Boston 4-2
Sens tie Habs 2-2
Sens beat Toronto 3-1
Great thread here Quantas. First off, I'm p*ssed as all hell because the only time I'm out of the country all year I miss two of the most, if not thee, most important games of the year: Montreal & Toronto. I will be judging a ski event at Stratton in VT until Sunday... so it could be worse. But does anyone know if lower Vermont gets CBC? I don't know much about that stuff. I could see them getting a Montreal sports feed, so with any luck I'll catch those games. I've got my VCR set anywho. Why not go out in style and say the Sens will show their true faces and sweep the big three this week:

Sens over Bruins in a convincing 5-2 fashion.
Sens over Habs in a hella tight 3-2 Theo show.
Sens over Leafs in a beauty 5-3 showdown, an empty net clincher included.

GO SENS GO!!!!!

Old
03-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Sens will most definately beat the Bruins..there's no question about that. For whatever reason I think we'll either lose, tie, or get an OT win vs Montreal. That game will be very close. I've got a feeling we'll show up vs Toronto and that should be an awesome game. I predict a 4-2 win for the Sens in that one.

Old
03-22-2004, 08:07 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
This is definately one of the most important weeks for the Sens so far this season...no denying that.

Quantas said it best:

"Put Up or Shut Up, Do or Die, Prove Your Mettle"

The Sens should not lose any of these games...if they do...I'll get officially worried about the post season.

Old
03-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Quantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
This is definately one of the most important weeks for the Sens so far this season...no denying that.

Quantas said it best:

"Put Up or Shut Up, Do or Die, Prove Your Mettle"

The Sens should not lose any of these games...if they do...I'll get officially worried about the post season.
Whoa, no pressure there SensGod. The only problem is that they're so inconsistent, it's enough to drive a person mad. I can see them play well tonight, especially after the lackluster effort against the 'Canes. But then I can see them put up a stinker against the Habs, who are playing with equal parts of talent and work ethic - a winning combination everytime. As for the game against the Leafs....the Sens just don't have their usual mojo working for them this year. Or maybe that's the plan, lose in the regular season, win in the postseason .

Old
03-23-2004, 11:02 AM
SensGod

Quote:
Whoa, no pressure there SensGod. The only problem is that they're so inconsistent, it's enough to drive a person mad. I can see them play well tonight, especially after the lackluster effort against the 'Canes. But then I can see them put up a stinker against the Habs, who are playing with equal parts of talent and work ethic - a winning combination everytime. As for the game against the Leafs....the Sens just don't have their usual mojo working for them this year. Or maybe that's the plan, lose in the regular season, win in the postseason .
...and rightfully so! They need to pull themselves together and get consistant. They've been dreadful in that department this year, and the only way they are going anywhere in the playoffs this year is if they find that consistancy they've been lacking all year.

From today to the end of the regular season...the Sens have the opportunity to send their rivals in the Eastern Conference a message. "If you want the cup...you have to come through us...and you better be scared."

If they roll over in any of these upcoming games...teams are just going to gain confidence against the Sens...and we cant' have that

Old
03-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
The Sens always seem to play well against better teams (well most of the time anyway ) so I'm actually not too worried! It'll be tough though, but I like our chances against all 3. Montreal may be the toughest if the Sens decide to be complacent about it.

Old
03-23-2004, 11:59 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Sens will most definately beat the Bruins..there's no question about that. For whatever reason I think we'll either lose, tie, or get an OT win vs Montreal. That game will be very close. I've got a feeling we'll show up vs Toronto and that should be an awesome game. I predict a 4-2 win for the Sens in that one.
Overconfident are we? Sens hadn't beaten B's this year with Lalime in net.

Old
03-23-2004, 12:06 PM
SENSfreak_03

im not so worried about the wins or losses. yes it would be great and huge to sweep the week. but the ods arent good for that. as long as we go at least 2-1 and play well in every game (even if we lose a game), thats what counts. stepping it up and playing hard and to the fullest every nite in getting ready for the playoffs, no need to start forming bad habits now. a big week, and an overall great finish to the season, with leafs (2), habs, tampa, bruins and flyers. talk about lucky scheduling by the nhl.

Old
03-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Quantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
That's only because you haven't met the new and improved Patrick Lalime. One of the best kept secrets during the trade deadline was the deal Muckler made for an invisible bungee cord. Every time Lalime goes down, he gets snapped back up again. Try going high glove side now :p !

Old
03-23-2004, 12:33 PM
SensGod

Quote:
That's only because you haven't met the new and improved Patrick Lalime. One of the best kept secrets during the trade deadline was the deal Muckler made for an invisible bungee cord. Every time Lalime goes down, he gets snapped back up again. Try going high glove side now :p !

So when does "Bungee Lalime" get a start...

oh, oh...I've got a new avatar idea...

Old
03-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Quantas

Quote:
So when does "Bungee Lalime" get a start...

oh, oh...I've got a new avatar idea...
All-new Lalime starts tonight along with the rest of the brand new Senators, whose new motto is "60 minutes" (as in, "We're actually going to play the full 60 minutes instead of the usual 5 mins/period we usually show up for.").

I'll even predict a good night for Jason "I'm so rich I'll take the whole team out for dinner" Spezza.

Can't wait to see your new avatar SensGod, you've been on a roll lately.

Old
03-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Quantas

I've updated the points listing above but I think the Sens should forget all about the division and just focus on getting their play on track. Here are the updated standings as well...Heads-up folks, NJ and Montreal are charging hard, the Sens could drop all the way to 7th by the end of the week if they're not careful.

<TABLE id=AutoNumber1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="61%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">
TEAM
</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">
</TD><TD align=middle width="34%">GAMES REMAINING</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">TAMPA BAY</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">99</TD><TD align=middle width="34%">5</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">PHILADELPHIA</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">98</TD><TD align=middle width="34%">5</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">BOSTON</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">97</TD><TD align=middle width="34%">6</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">TORONTO</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">94</TD><TD align=middle width="34%">5</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">OTTAWA</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">93</TD><TD align=middle width="34%">6</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">NEW JERSEY</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">92</TD><TD align=middle width="34%">6</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">MONTREAL</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">90</TD><TD align=middle width="34%">6</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">NEW YORK ISLANDERS</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">84</TD><TD align=middle width="34%">6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old
03-23-2004, 10:49 PM
SensGod

Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...

Old
03-23-2004, 10:55 PM
SensGod

Quote:

Can't wait to see your new avatar SensGod, you've been on a roll lately.
Well...it appears that you lack an avatar...I'll have to make one for you...

I can't abandon my "Lalime - 404" avatar quite yet...it's getting rave reviews...2-4 PM's a day about it...and quite frankly...it's inflating my ego...

I'll get one to you in a day or two...if you like...

Old
03-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Quantas

Quote:
Well...it appears that you lack an avatar...I'll have to make one for you...

I can't abandon my "Lalime - 404" avatar quite yet...it's getting rave reviews...2-4 PM's a day about it...and quite frankly...it's inflating my ego...

I'll get one to you in a day or two...if you like...
Thanks! That would be great. I suck at the whole avatar thing so anything you could do would be 10 times better than anything I could come up with.

Old
03-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Quantas

[QUOTE=SensGod]Please let Jersey catch us...Please let Jersey catch us...Please

...times infinity.
QUOTE]

Err...why??? That would place the Sens in 6th, setting up a potential 1st round matchup with Boston. Can they win...sure, just not the way they're playing now. Of course, the Leafs could still get the division, setting up round 4 of the Battle of Ontario.

With everything set the way it is right now, I don't like the Sens' chances against anyone.

Old
03-24-2004, 12:55 AM
THORNTON19

Besides, Boston has unfinished business with both NJ & MTL.....so you guys have to play TO in the first round :p

Old
03-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Quantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON19
Besides, Boston has unfinished business with both NJ & MTL.....so you guys have to play TO in the first round :p
No, no, no, no, no. The Sens have first dibs on NJ (losing in the ECF has priority over the 1st round ), Boston is more than welcome to take on the Habs. Gotta exorcize those demons from 2 years ago.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:09 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
No, no, no, no, no. The Sens have first dibs on NJ (losing in the ECF has priority over the 1st round ), Boston is more than welcome to take on the Habs. Gotta exorcize those demons from 2 years ago.
This will only happen if

Boston #3 Habs #6 and Ottawa #4 New Jersey #5 (or Boston/Habs - 4/5, Ottawa/NJD 3/6)

but I doubt Leafs will have time to fall to #7.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:12 AM
The King of Town

Quote:
With everything set the way it is right now, I don't like the Sens' chances against anyone.
agreed... They're looking like first round losers.

Old
03-24-2004, 09:50 AM
o-dog

Well, here's to hoping that they just don't care about the regular season and are anxiously awaiting the playoffs. The Sens are still contenders and if you ask any team in the NHL, I don't think any of them would be thrilled with facing Ottawa at any time during the postseason. Maybe the pressure of being the favourite from day 1 or the anticipation of the playoffs has them sleepwalking through March.

All I'm trying to do is not get too up or down depending on the last game they played. We all remember last year after losing to the Islanders in game one when the whole town wanted Martin fired, Lalime hung and a complete overhaul of who we rely on as key players. Then they went 9-2 in the playoffs before losing the next 3 to Jersey. The playoffs are a different beast and there are going to be upsets...there's only 4 teams that make it through to the next round so there's definitely a few good teams out instantly. Montreal is poised for an upset and the Isle could knock off Tampa with a hot DiPietro.

Ottawa is going to have a few bad games in the playoffs but they will still be incredibly difficult to best in a 7 game series. It's true to state that they've played poorly over the course of the season yet they're still in the thick of it in spite of that. There's so much talent there that if they bear down and get busy at the right time, they can still do it. And I'm going to keep thinking that until they've been eliminated because I'm sick of hearing how crappy they are...we should feel lucky that we are even in this position since there are so many teams that are not.

If it weren't for the NHL being greedy pigs and taking only proposals that said they'd cough up the franchise fee, there wouldn't even be hockey in Ottawa...we'd have to cheer for the Leafs. No thank you!

Old
03-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Quantas

Here are updated standings, only game of importance (East-wise) last night was the Habs-Sabres game. I tossed in Buffalo even though I think they're out of it, it's just that no-one's told them that .

<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=6 width=454 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width="33%">
TEAM
</TD><TD width="34%">
</TD><TD width="33%">
GAMES REMAINING

</TD></TR><TR><TD width="33%">
TAMPA BAY

</TD><TD width="34%">

</TD><TD width="33%">

PHILADELPHIA

</TD><TD width="34%">

</TD><TD width="33%">

BOSTON

</TD><TD width="34%">

</TD><TD width="33%">

TORONTO

</TD><TD width="34%">

</TD><TD width="33%">

OTTAWA

</TD><TD width="34%">

</TD><TD width="33%">

NEW JERSEY

</TD><TD width="34%">

</TD><TD width="33%">

MONTREAL

</TD><TD width="34%">

</TD><TD width="33%">

NY ISLANDERS

</TD><TD width="34%">

</TD><TD width="33%">

BUFFALO

</TD><TD width="34%">

</TD><TD width="33%">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pity that the Habs lost, they would have been easier to beat tonight, especially since a single point would've clinched them a playoff spot. With the way the Sens are playing, they'll need any advantage they can get.

Another big night today, even bigger than Tuesday. The Sens are in Montreal, Boston hosts the Leafs, Flyers host the Islanders and the Devils are in Tampa. Now this is the kind of scheduling I like to see late in the season.

So who are you cheering for?

Old
03-25-2004, 12:00 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
and their win vs the Leafs was against Trevor Kidd.

Great thread and nice layout guys.

Closed Thread