HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings resign Armstrong to a multi year deal

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Kings resign Armstrong to a multi year deal

link

Now sign Ziggy!

Last edited by Old Hickory: 04-02-2004 at 03:42 PM.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
Good! He's the player on this team MOST deserving of a new contract despite the CBA uncertainty. I hope it was for 4 years @ 2.1 mil as I stated last week.

Old
04-02-2004, 03:49 PM
punchy1

I very well earned contract for a deserving player. Congratulations mate!

Now, do we make him our second line center and be done with it?

Sign

Ziggy

Luc

Lappy

next.

Old
04-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I very well earned contract for a deserving player. Congratulations mate!

Now, do we make him our second line center and be done with it?

Sign

Ziggy

Luc

Lappy

next.
Yup looks like Army is our 2nd Center. Now all we have to do is make a move to get someone who is better then Stumpel and we are going to be good.

Don't expect a Luc signing. Not untill we find out if there is a lockout.

Old
04-02-2004, 04:41 PM
LuckyLUC20

I'm glad for Army. Definitely a well-deserved contract. Just a few years ago he didn't think he'd ever get the chance to play in the NHL and now he's got a multi-year deal with the Kings. Nice!

Go Army!

Old
04-02-2004, 05:10 PM
nikolai19

I also think that this may lead to Cammalleri being packaged in the summer to land a good young goalie, like Garon, LeClaire, or one of the Buffalo kids.

With Armstrong signing, I think the writing is on the wall. Evidently, LA management is not too keen with him. He just had a hat trick the other night in Manchester, Armstrong and Stumpel are sitting the next few games, and Mike isn't getting a sniff again at the N.

Fact is if we can deal him and a pick and get someone good inbetween the pipes, I say do it. I love Cammy and think he is going to do well in the N, but he can't be a number 1, 3, or 4 center in the league and we just signed our # 2 center to a multi year deal.

My .02

Old
04-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
I also think that this may lead to Cammalleri being packaged in the summer to land a good young goalie, like Garon, LeClaire, or one of the Buffalo kids.

With Armstrong signing, I think the writing is on the wall. Evidently, LA management is not too keen with him. He just had a hat trick the other night in Manchester, Armstrong and Stumpel are sitting the next few games, and Mike isn't getting a sniff again at the N.

Fact is if we can deal him and a pick and get someone good inbetween the pipes, I say do it. I love Cammy and think he is going to do well in the N, but he can't be a number 1, 3, or 4 center in the league and we just signed our # 2 center to a multi year deal.

My .02
Even if we do go for a youth movement, you do need a few vets around to show the kids the ropes. Army and Klatt would be perefect candidates for that. Army was re-signed because the Kings get good "bang for the buck"

Old
04-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Why o' why would the Kings trade their best prospect at center? They have nobody better within the pipeline at the center position than Cammalleri, and he has proved that he is capable of becoming a finisher in the NHL when he tore it the stretch of 11 games where he posted 8 goals.

Look at what Calgary gave up to get Kiprusoff or what Hedberg was dealt for. Think Noronen has proved to be better than those two in the NHL? Not to me he hasn't, and I would say his value is on par with the above mentioned goaltenders.

And if you checked your facts before saying management isn't too fond with him, the reason they have left him on Manchester is because he is getting a lot of ice time and being very productive, and one of the reasons why Manchester has been on a roll lately (and he's also one of their top two centers along with Steve Kelly).

You would also be out of your friggin' mind to deal Cammy for an unproven, untested and unimpressive rookie like Pascal LeClaire. I have seen him play quite a few times and there is nothing special about him (I'd rather take Marc Denis, who is VERY impressive despite his record with Columbus the past two seasons, I know this because I have seen nearly every Blue Jackets game the past two seasons).

It is obvious that you have no grasp of what the market value is for goaltenders.

Old
04-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Fat Elvis

I don't see Cammy being a center for the Kings with his size. He'd fit better on wing with his skating, speed and willingness to shoot. There just aren't many centers his size in the league.
Congrats to Army, a well deserved contract

Old
04-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I don't see Cammy being a center for the Kings with his size. He'd fit better on wing with his skating, speed and willingness to shoot. There just aren't many centers his size in the league.
Congrats to Army, a well deserved contract
Ray Ferraro and Pat LaFontaine were rather successful small centers. Martin St.Louis was originally a center, but he's had success converting to wing, so I would hope that Cammy can make the same transition.
Seeing the moves Martin St.Louis pulls off, I've seen Cammy perform countless times in his days with the Wolverines... now if he can do that in the NHL. They both share the same traits and if you've seen Cammalleri play during his college days, you'd see it.

Old
04-02-2004, 06:51 PM
nikolai19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Why o' why would the Kings trade their best prospect at center? They have nobody better within the pipeline at the center position than Cammalleri, and he has proved that he is capable of becoming a finisher in the NHL when he tore it the stretch of 11 games where he posted 8 goals.

Look at what Calgary gave up to get Kiprusoff or what Hedberg was dealt for. Think Noronen has proved to be better than those two in the NHL? Not to me he hasn't, and I would say his value is on par with the above mentioned goaltenders.

And if you checked your facts before saying management isn't too fond with him, the reason they have left him on Manchester is because he is getting a lot of ice time and being very productive, and one of the reasons why Manchester has been on a roll lately (and he's also one of their top two centers along with Steve Kelly).

You would also be out of your friggin' mind to deal Cammy for an unproven, untested and unimpressive rookie like Pascal LeClaire. I have seen him play quite a few times and there is nothing special about him (I'd rather take Marc Denis, who is VERY impressive despite his record with Columbus the past two seasons, I know this because I have seen nearly every Blue Jackets game the past two seasons).

It is obvious that you have no grasp of what the market value is for goaltenders.
If you think the pipeline is bad for centers in the organization, how about that goaltending? LeClaire is going to be a very good goaltender, but not with Columbus. Denis will be there for a much longer time. Garon for Cammalleri would be a steal for LA because like LeClaire, Garon is stuck behind a goaltender who is going to be there for a long time. The Buffalo goaltenders probably would cost less, maybe not even Cammalleri, but the fact is that young top notch goaltenders are harder to come by than centers.

If we could get Cammalleri for one of Garon or LeClaire, we should do it yesterday. Also, our pick in this years' draft will most likely be a top 10 pick. Pick up a center with that pick.

Zaba, Marsters, and Munce COULD be NHL goaltenders but who knows? Fact is we know Garon is an NHL caliber goalie (stopped 40+ shots against us, and ROBBED guys bad in doing it). Also, Montreal signed Yann Danis, a Hobey Baker finalist, who can probably back up Theodore next year. As for Cbus, they can always get a veteran if they need someone to back up Denis. Both Denis and Theodore are 26 and 27 respectively, so they are not going anywhere soon.

Old
04-02-2004, 07:10 PM
punchy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
If you think the pipeline is bad for centers in the organization, how about that goaltending? LeClaire is going to be a very good goaltender, but not with Columbus. Denis will be there for a much longer time. Garon for Cammalleri would be a steal for LA because like LeClaire, Garon is stuck behind a goaltender who is going to be there for a long time. The Buffalo goaltenders probably would cost less, maybe not even Cammalleri, but the fact is that young top notch goaltenders are harder to come by than centers.

If we could get Cammalleri for one of Garon or LeClaire, we should do it yesterday. Also, our pick in this years' draft will most likely be a top 10 pick. Pick up a center with that pick.

Zaba, Marsters, and Munce COULD be NHL goaltenders but who knows? Fact is we know Garon is an NHL caliber goalie (stopped 40+ shots against us, and ROBBED guys bad in doing it). Also, Montreal signed Yann Danis, a Hobey Baker finalist, who can probably back up Theodore next year. As for Cbus, they can always get a veteran if they need someone to back up Denis. Both Denis and Theodore are 26 and 27 respectively, so they are not going anywhere soon.

I think squid would be overpaying for any of those goalies simply because there are so many of that type (young talented and yet to establish themselves as true number ones) available right now.

Of these available goalies, who do you take?

Gerber (will be dealt if you buy reports) He is a great goalie who should be a number one. He is also 29 so its now or never. Could probably be had for less than Squid but will cost us.

Garon. He had a GREAT game against us and has had a few others this year as well but, he were a UFA this last season and could be having a flukey year. I say he is grand, he would cost us but how much is the question.

LeClair. Lots of things have been said about this lad. Both good and bad. He would be better at this point than what we have but again, enough of a gamble to where I wouldn't part with a young talent who has proven he can be solid in the NHL and WILL do great once he is out from under the Andychrist.

Many others are available. Which of these three do you take?

Closed Thread