HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derek Armstrong re-ups with the Kings

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Derek Armstrong re-ups with the Kings

link

Old
04-02-2004, 04:49 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
good move, a strong character player who is an excellent influence on the young players, never takes a night off, and chips in points. i'm glad he'll be back.

Old
04-02-2004, 05:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
good move, a strong character player who is an excellent influence on the young players, never takes a night off, and chips in points. i'm glad he'll be back.

i have never seen anyone blow so many scoring chances by missing the net completely. he's another Stumpel.

Old
04-02-2004, 05:46 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
i have never seen anyone blow so many scoring chances by missing the net completely. he's another Stumpel.
I don't know about that ... Stumpel = charmin soft.

At least Armstrong will go in the corners and hit people. He battles hard, gritty and is extremely hard working. I'm glad he got re-signed. He deserves it. A few years ago he didn't think he'd ever get a chance to play in the NHL.

Old
04-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
His hands haven't been the same since his injury. Not that they were great to start with, but his accuracy has gone down for sure.

Should Derek Armstrong be a first or second line center? No. However, I just can't help but like the fact that he busts his ass every single shift. I for one am glad we did re-sign him.

Old
04-02-2004, 06:55 PM
SpooKy

Send a message via ICQ to SpooKy
I think his numbers would go up if the Kings had more talent actually playing this year.

Old
04-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Grady41

Quote:

You have too seen someone miss more scoring chances. You've seen Stumpel.
GP G A P SOG S%
Derek Armstrong 57 14 21 35 101 13.9
Jozef Stumpel 64 8 29 37 78 10.3

I did the math even if Stumpel had as many shots as Derek he would only have 2 more goals. (somebody could recheck that for me if they want.) Plus Derek bust his ass.

Armstrong is great glad we resigned him.

Old
04-02-2004, 07:49 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Gotta love Army's perseverance. He's one of the few good things to come of the Kings injury plagued period of the last 2 years or so. He stuck with it in the minors and all of that, battled back from his own injuries and then this year he put some numbers with all his efforts out there and now he can come to camp in the fall with a job to lose. Good for him.

Old
04-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
His hands haven't been the same since his injury. Not that they were great to start with, but his accuracy has gone down for sure.

Should Derek Armstrong be a first or second line center? No. However, I just can't help but like the fact that he busts his ass every single shift. I for one am glad we did re-sign him.
I don't understand why he is not a second line center. He's a hard-working player and 35 points in 57 games are second line numbers. He proved he doesn't need Palffy to rack up some points.

Closed Thread