HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THN has the Blues finishing out of the playoffs

Old
09-30-2009, 02:10 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post
I was looking for a place to put this little factoid...this thread seemed as good a place as any.

Seems we did a lot of wondering about just how many man-games we lost to injury last year, relative to the rest of the league. On NHLN's Western Conference Preview tonight, they displayed this graphic during the Blues' small snippet of coverage:

Man-Games Lost to Injury - 2008-09

NYI: 582
STL: 465
DAL: 379
WAS: 377
COL: 366

Cut that in half, factor in some growth from the youngsters...we're looking at an entirely different team this year.
If there were some way to include the QUALITY of the man-games lost....these were our top players on both sides of the ice. Kariya, McDonald, EJ, Brewer, etc. I don't think the miraculous nature of that 2nd half run has been appreciated by the mainstream NHL fans as much as it warrants, but that's OK. Blues fans that were aboard for the whole season will always have a special memory of that time. The game against Columbus where the spot was clenched will forever be one of my all-time favorite Blues moments. I think its going to take a Cup series to challenge it, for the place in my heart.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

vCash: 500
As a Kings fan I have always enjoyed watching the Blues. Very good team that isn't really all that underrated anymore imho. I can see you guys making the playoffs. I can see almost all the western conference teams making a push for the playoffs with the exception of Colorado and Phoenix and even they can surprise. This year will be a lot of fun. Every game played should mean that much more with so much close competition. Good luck to the Blues and their fans.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote