HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Is Doug Wilson too attached?

Old
08-16-2009, 06:57 PM
JonathanK81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Edit: Jonathan edited his after I quoted him. He might have seen my intelligent response and decided to copy me
Your post was very intelligent actually! But back to the topic at hand, I think many GMs are attached to their players. When we see trade proposals on these boards, a lot of members say "X player is more valuable to their own team than to get traded." I think unless the player is really bad, GMs almost always tend to over-value their own.

JonathanK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 07:19 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

vCash: 500
I would tend to agree when it comes to Doug Wilson overvaluing his players...but then again, how many competent GMs in all sports DON'T overvalue their players? I mean, you wont want to just throw away your valuable assets. On the other hand, there does come a point where you have to part with certain players simply because of money or other reasons and that is where the best GMs separate themselves from the rest: they move their players before it's too late (ie, getting the max value for them and not holding onto them for too long).

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote